someone trying to cheat me on neopets?

AJ11

Three times in the past week I have had a rather unnerving message pop up when I have been trying to buy something in a neopian users shop

It says something like 'you were directed here from a non neopets site looks like someone was trying to cheat you'

I had never seen it before this last week and I wonder if this is new or if there is someone actually trying to cheat me specifically

I dont hang about to read the message fully and always log out quickly and back in as it is worrying

Can anyone tell me anything about this? Has it happened to anyone else?

Yes, this has happened to me before one time when I was buying an item for a Faerie Quest from another user's shop. I just went back and re-bought the item, the second time nothing popped up.

I don't know what the cause of this is, unless you were directed to the shop by some suspicious website, but if you usually just go back to the shop and re-buy the item you were trying to get, it should work.

Three times in the past week I have had a rather unnerving message pop up when I have been trying to buy something in a neopian users shop

It says something like 'you were directed here from a non neopets site looks like someone was trying to cheat you'

I had never seen it before this last week and I wonder if this is new or if there is someone actually trying to cheat me specifically

I dont hang about to read the message fully and always log out quickly and back in as it is worrying

Can anyone tell me anything about this? Has it happened to anyone else?

Never saw that error before. Could it be "You were redirected here from the wrong page" message? If yes, just go back to the shop page and buy the item as normal.

It definitely says something like looks like someone was trying to cheat you, its not just being redirected,

I click the link directly from the SSW and that is how I went toward the link that gave that message. I was just trying to go to a shop and buy something or other

It has happened three times in just a week which is why Im a bit nervous

Dashana you were brave to go back to the shop and buy the item anyway dont think I have that much nerve lol

I hope it doesnt happen again but if it does I will take a screen shot and copy and paste it

Relax, AJ11. That happened to me TONS of times, in many, many different shops. So I asked a friend to try and buy stuff from my shop (I think I don't need to say I'm not a cheater :P ) and the same message appeared. So it's most likely some Neopets glitch.

Relax, AJ11. That happened to me TONS of times, in many, many different shops. So I asked a friend to try and buy stuff from my shop (I think I don't need to say I'm not a cheater :P ) and the same message appeared. So it's most likely some Neopets glitch.

phew thats a relief .... it must be some new glitch then ....

thankgoodness for that :laughingsmiley:

That particular pop up is the safeguard against someone clicking on a direct link to buy an item instead of going to the shop then buying it. Basically, in a normal circumstance, it'd keep someone from going "I have a PB in my shop for *cheap price* buy it by clicking here!" with a direct link to buy the item, and then it's an overpriced bottle of sand or something.

As for why it's suddenly coming up a lot for many people trying to buy things through the shop properly, I have no idea. If anyone sees it again, I'd recommend screenshotting it and sending a bug report to TNT.

That's happened to me before as well, always through the SSW. I just go back and click it again though and do not get the message. I just figured it was a glitch?

That particular pop up is the safeguard against someone clicking on a direct link to buy an item instead of going to the shop then buying it. Basically, in a normal circumstance, it'd keep someone from going "I have a PB in my shop for *cheap price* buy it by clicking here!" with a direct link to buy the item, and then it's an overpriced bottle of sand or something.

As for why it's suddenly coming up a lot for many people trying to buy things through the shop properly, I have no idea. If anyone sees it again, I'd recommend screenshotting it and sending a bug report to TNT.

Thanks I am definately going to screenshot it if it comes up again and report it, was speaking to someone else today who said they suddenly had a few of these happen to them too when using the SSW so it sounds like something has been changed and this little glitch has emerged

who knows it may have been sorted already and never happen again ... hopefully lol

well it happened again and I captured the image for anyone who is curious, I also think that this is slightly different to another message that I have been getting

fa452968-1358-4e9e-bf6b-e98c0ee30585_zps

oo the image isnt as easy to read as I hoped it actually says:

Error:You were referred here from a non-neopets page. Looks like somebody was trying to cheat you! Try another shop!