Kell and Corbin Search For Supernatural Monster In Neovia!

hrtbrk

"The Spooky Food Eating Contest is still in ruin... but never fear, the authorities are here! At least, they claim to be so. They showed us their official identification cards and everything! They must be real. "

LOL! Totally Supernatural!! Love it <3 I'm hoping for a "We're just brothers. No, really!" joke :P

As an original Scarlet supporter, I was seriously hoping that someone had just tampered with the food and it made her a monster because she ate more than the others, but it does currently have the appearance that she was a monster the whole time. :O

I suspect that what we're looking at is a use of "magician's choice", which is a misdirection technique that provides an illusion of choice for the audience. The classic example is for a magician to let a volunteer pick one of two cards. If the volunteer picks the one the magician wants them to have, he says, "Good, hold onto that one." If the volunteer picks the "wrong" card, the magician says, "Okay, we'll discard that one." So, no matter which card gets picked, the trick proceeds with the card the magician wanted.

In this case--assuming we collectively influenced the outcome with our cheering and booing, rather than the outcome being predetermined--it's possible that the winner didn't just happen to be the monster; Scarlet may have turned out to be the monster because she won.

I suspect that what we're looking at is a use of "magician's choice", which is a misdirection technique that provides an illusion of choice for the audience. The classic example is for a magician to let a volunteer pick one of two cards. If the volunteer picks the one the magician wants them to have, he says, "Good, hold onto that one." If the volunteer picks the "wrong" card, the magician says, "Okay, we'll discard that one." So, no matter which card gets picked, the trick proceeds with the card the magician wanted.

In this case--assuming we collectively influenced the outcome with our cheering and booing, rather than the outcome being predetermined--it's possible that the winner didn't just happen to be the monster; Scarlet may have turned out to be the monster because she won.

That's exactly it, I posted images they found of the other contestants turning into monsters had they won the contest :)

Hey guys, just noticed our SuperNeotural fellas were in the audience all along :P I love it when TNT is careful with detail! Have a look:

9ihf.png

That's exactly it, I posted images they found of the other contestants turning into monsters had they won the contest :)

Hey guys, just noticed our SuperNeotural fellas were in the audience all along :P I love it when TNT is careful with detail! Have a look:

9ihf.png

Great eye!! That is really awesome detail there, so now that they released this monster.... Now what?

9ihf.png

Of course! (Though I only saw Kell in the crowd at first...) And... well, I don't have Netflix to watch Supernatural D: (And my internet is REALLY slow)

Well, Shiny, you could wiki supernatural, that will at least fill you in, haha. I'm told it's not too unlike Buffy if you ever watched that, just more adult themed.

I wonder if, maybe, another viewer will also be a plot twist.

This is what I was thinking, too. They also say that the monster is a shapeshifter, so TNT could actually still have all four of the eating contest characters appear in later images or comics, depending on the scope of the event. There may in fact be a real Scarlet around, and the monster chose to take her form.

I've been watching Supernatural since the beginning and I didn't even realize the two neopets were Sam and Dean until reading the comments. It's too bad they aren't doing Masks of Dread this year though; I really enjoyed doing it. I just hope this plot is as as interactive and gives about as many prizes.

Come on guys, this has been discussed before on other Spooky Food Contest topics :P We've already found the pictures that show the other contestants turning into monsters, so it proves that TNT made it so the winner would be the monster no matter who actually won. But then, otherwise there would be no plot! ;)

Moloch transforming

Myrtle transforming

Turfy transforming