Rubbish Avatar Help (question)

blueberrykiwi141

When I got the avatar I was using "quick stock" and hitting "check all" to highlight the discard column (which is what you're doing I think..) I had over 5000+ rubbish items in my inventory and I got rid of about half before I got the avatar, but previous to this I did try getting the avatar and had 3000+ things in my inventory and did use the quick stock, discard all technique and I didn't get it, I was so disappointed. It does take sometime I guess, think it might me random for everyone since my boyfriend got it pretty quick when he tried! But don't give up, you'll get it soon! :)

I've probably discarded about 4000 items so far, and still haven't gotten it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of items in the SDB, but honestly that's only speculation. And I'm only speculating because that avatar refuses to show itself when I discard. lol, such a vicious circle. lol

Is it a randomly awarded avatar, or is it awarded after discarding a certain amount? And if it's the latter do they have to be different items? Cause that may be super hard!

According to this Neopian Times Editorial, it's not random. But nobody has figured out the exact method of getting the avatar yet...

I followed this guide and it worked for me! But I actually started discarding them at the hour the sugest, but by the time I got the avvie it was already out of their sugested time, so I don't think the hour you do it is really that important.

What I think is important is that you do it at once, or in short periods of time. I had 8000+ items in my inventory, and got the avvie when there were more or less 3000 items left (so, after discarding more or less 5000 items). Yes, it is a pain because you can only discard 70 at a time using quick stock, but just be patient! :D

I'm currently in the process of discarding 1900 items. I didn't read all the boards before I started so I began with 1900 items in my inventory and now it's quite laggy. So I'm alternating back and forth between here and the quick-stock page so I'm not tempted to refresh too early. I'll post an edit to this when I'm done to let you know if it works.

• 4 weeks later...