How to sell UNBUYABLES?

happybox22

I'm look for strategy on ways on how to sell unbuyables. i recently snagged two very expensive items that could sum up to 500-800ks and the only problem I have is that I don't know how to sell them other then trading post. What sort of methods do you guys have for, to sell such expensive rare items that not alot of people demand for?

Trading post, Auctioning, posting on the boards to see if anyone wants it or is looking for it.

That's about it as far as I know.

Yeah, I got a Rockfish Plushie today, and it seems that no one knows how to sell it. It's in the trading post, but the sellers seem new at this based on their "wish lists". One person actually said that they had no idea how much to sell it for. I try to go on the boards on neopets, but the people are really really mean there ("How dare you ask a question!") and make fun of me ("I've never experienced that issue, so clearly it doesn't exist"). I found you guys to be way nicer.

You can go to forums like TDN and jellyneo to check for prices if the items are new and are not priced yet by the item databases (jellyneo has one). You can also try the neoboards but they are not always helpful because of the spam-like nature of the boards.

The key is being patient. You can not fast sell something unless it's a newly release item with high demand such as the recently released The Death Knell.

Someone doing I/J quests could eventually need the item if it's rare.

If it's a collectible item (plushie, book, stamp) then look for user's wishlist, gallery, etc. Then you can offer them a price you sell it for.

If it's a collectible item (plushie, book, stamp) then look for user's wishlist, gallery, etc. Then you can offer them a price you sell it for.

This! I got hold of a rare Orange Aisha Muffin from a rare item code, and I googled people with the item in their wishlists. Only one woman came up, and I mailed her, asking if she was interested in buying. She had already purchased one, and hadn't yet updated her wishlist, but I was able to ask what she bought hers for, so I had a good idea of what I could sell it to someone else for! :)

Don't be afraid to contact people about stuff.

That's up to you. In general, I prefer NP because I don't like selling things, so why would I sell something just to have something else to sell (and which might be even harder to sell)? And sometimes users lie about prices. Even if you check the TP and auctions, the prices you see there may not be prices that buyers are actually willing to pay (think about it -- if something's sat on the TP for 2 weeks at a given price, there obviously aren't a lot of people trying to buy that item at that price).

I make exceptions for things like paint brushes that tend to be easy to sell, and that I can get an accurate price on. And once I took a substantial "overvalue" in items (some of which matched my gallery), and I enjoyed making additional profit off those few items that didn't fit in my gallery -- but that was during the war, when prices were starting to drop, and I wanted to sell quickly, and that was by far the best offer I'd gotten.

Others make a lot of NP buying (or trading) low and selling high. So it's up to you. I'd probably wait and try to get closer to my full asking price in pure, and only accept easy-to-sell items of equal value + 5 to 10%. I don't give discounts for pure of more than 1-3%, and your buyer is asking for 14%, which is huge. Again though, that's the way I do trades -- I don't do many, so I'd rather wait, and not have to deal with doing more. It's really up to you.