How slim is it to get your neopet color changed by a random event?

happybox22

It's totally random. I'd played a lot over about 8.5-9 years and never had a color changing RE. In the last couple years, I've gotten one twice. We have a staff member here that has frequently gotten hit with them, and others who have never seen them after years of playing.

Definitely keep your cheapest pet active. I wouldn't keep your Kyrii as your active, just in case. No matter how rare they are, it only takes one.

Like Spritzie said, if it's not your active pet, it can't get color changed. I keep my Magma pet as my active, since he can easily be re-dipped in the pool.

I've only ever gotten one color RE, from Boochi (he missed). The only other color changing REs I know of happen if your pet is in a bad mood--so an easy precaution to that is playing with them to keep them happy.

I keep a relatively-cheap colored pet as my active, also. Got hit for the first time a few years ago by Boochi and had to repaint her, so those events definitely happen. A friend of mine lent her robo krawk out to help someone get the avatar; on the return transfer, when she went to the quick ref page to switch it from her active pet, it got hit by Boochi. That's about the worst luck I've seen >.<

I had a regular poogle that got zapped baby by Boochi. So, I don't have anything against Boochi. However, if my Zombie Pteri got zapped, I'd be pretty upset. The chances are pretty slim, but to be on the safe side, I would keep cheaper colours / basics active rather than an expensively coloured one. There are a few different ones, like this colourful waterfall thing that changes your pet to a random colour, Boochi, your pet being sad like Wildbreeze mentioned.. That's about all I can think of right now xD

I've played for like 10 years before I got a colour changing RE, but within the last one I've been Boochi'd twice - one just moments ago...

Something has happened! babyray.gif Oh no! Boochi fires his ray gun and turns Dalyn into a Baby Draik!!!

So it does happen :( She was Royal, but I totally knew I was risking it keeping her as my active. I really like seeing her on the sidebar though. So I guess it's just a question of would you rather have the pet you want to see on every screen and perhaps have to buy another PB/MP or see a Boochi-guard all the time, but be assured your NP are safe.

There are a few different ones, like this colourful waterfall thing that changes your pet to a random colour, Boochi, your pet being sad like Wildbreeze mentioned.. That's about all I can think of right now xD

Oh, right. There's also the one that turns your pet invisible. That, I think, would be the worst (unless you don't want to see your pet).

Just remember that your chances of getting random events (any random event) is increased the more page refreshes you have. So basically, if you only use the site to check stocks and zap once a day, the chances decrease than say if you play browser games all day. You can't really put it as "xxx chances after 5 years of playing", I think. I've had Boochi zap my pet once; got the invisible RE once, all within a year of active playing.