Training with red codestones? and why do we do it?

AJ11

Finally I reached the magical level of 250 and started training in red codestones only to find that there seems to be a definate favourite to be requested for training and yes you guessed it, its THE expensive one the zed

Has anyone else noticed that Zed is the favourite to be asked for or am I just unlucky?

also when you decline training to dodge the requested codestone and have to wait 24 hours, does that time go up each time you decline or is it set at 24 hours?

Any other info about training with reds much appreciated.

I still keep asking myself why I am so set on increasing my pets stats .. I know I want to have a strong pet I just cant figure out why really ?? The wars seems to be pretty much controlled by the big hitters etc ???

any thoughts ???

It's always just 24 hours. I get unlucky streaks where I'm asked for several zeds in a row, and then I don't get asked for any for a while (just like all the others). If I have them in my SDB, I pay (unless it's a double zed); otherwise, I wait the 24 hours.

Having a strong pet is useful for things like avatars, DoN, and wars/plots (not the Obelisk skirmishes), because you can get the top trophies and prizes more easily if your pet is strong. How strong is strong enough for you is up to you, though. I'm a completionist, so I'm aiming for the top boosts just because. But I was strong enough to defeat the bosses (not the impossible bosses, obviously, but the faction leaders) in the Obelisk War >90% of the time with a YB, KBT, RFFR, BOHD, and the 600 str and def boosts (HP around the same, and the abilities were messed up at the time). And I hit all the caps in TFR (I was in regular codestones back then), though we had auto-healing after each battle back then, and I did have to use some 1-use items for the higher tiers (thankfully they were given out, so they weren't too expensive -- also, the baddies' difficulty got harder with each win).

interesting thanks, I have a feeling the stronger my pet gets the stronger I will want it to be, so I can understand the completionist stuff to some extent. I want to be able to tackle the top tier on highest hp in skirmishes and I think thats my goal at the moment.

good to know that zed are not usually asked for more than the others, I was beginning to wonder how far I would be able to go.

I am hoping that the skirmishes dont continue to be dominated by a small group, because I do enjoy being able to put in some decent fighting yet it seems a bit pointless just now which is a shame after all the training.

I can imagine that it was brilliant having the stats you had during the war :rock:

Oh wow, I never even thought about cancelling courses to avoid the expensive codestones! So obvious, and yet it never crossed my mind. I'm about to hit 250 in a few days (currently at 248), so I'm glad I read this forum post before I got there. :)

I only hit 250 a very short time ago and the feeling of being able to train with just one codestone AND every four hours is fantastic !!!! Its a very long slog to that magical 250 ..but we stuck it out woo hoo for us I say :rambo:

Oh wow, I never even thought about cancelling courses to avoid the expensive codestones! So obvious, and yet it never crossed my mind. I'm about to hit 250 in a few days (currently at 248), so I'm glad I read this forum post before I got there. :)

You probably never thought of it because it can't be done at the Mystery Island Training School. It's one of the benefits of the Secret Ninja Training School. It does come with a 24-hour no-train penalty, so think carefully before you cancel.

I made it to Red level right before the war started, so I have been hording since the start of the new battledome. I've yet to run out of them while training, although I'm down to less than 5 of Zed and just used my last Vux. I was shocked to see how much they'd inflated.

I did notice a "trick" in that I trained my pet up to level 295ish, strength of 610 (FQuest and DDare) but my HP is now up to 630ish. I will train health between 600 and 790 using 1 red codestone per training. Then using two red stone train my level and then my strength up to 350 lvl and 700 str.

The downside is waiting on getting the next Fae ability that comes at level 300, but the far cheaper training, and quicker training; is just far too tempting.

P.S. The new strength potions are a lot of hype, only those training at the two or three red codestone level will find them cost effective.

Well it would explain why the Zed codestone is the most expensive. It's not that if they favour asking for the most expensive, but if they favour asking for the Zed then that would be the one exiting the market quickest and thus prices going up for it.

I'm currently 'slogging' it to 250 myself, 5 more days before I can train at the secret school!

I made it! A little earlier than expected :) The first payment requested was a Kew - definitely expecting it to have been a Zed after this board!

I had over two hundred red codestones from the new battledome before I had began training. The distribution of my horde was inverse to the cost. The most common in my horde was Sho and the least common was Zed. I wish I had kept the exact numbers.

I was selling mine at first, then for the last month I realized I should be saving them in anticipation of starting to train by red codestones. I don't have nearly 200, I would say ~60, but I have almost the opposite distribution. I have the least amount of the cheapest ones and 2-3 times of the 3 in the 15-17K range. Zeds (the most expensive one) is sitting nicely in the middle.

something that I have found interesting is that having started training with red codestones suddenly I started getting

*** SUPER BONUS**** you went up extra points again..

I had found that as I got higher training with brown codestones the super bonuses became very very rare while at the start of brown codestone training they happened a lot.

Im wondering if when you begin a new training school you get more super bonuses, because a friend of mine is finding the exact same thing

Anyone else notice this?

something that I have found interesting is that having started training with red codestones suddenly I started getting

I had found that as I got higher training with brown codestones the super bonuses became very very rare while at the start of brown codestone training they happened a lot.

Im wondering if when you begin a new training school you get more super bonuses, because a friend of mine is finding the exact same thing

Anyone else notice this?

Not exactly. I have been receiving less bonuses recently though. I suspect it's just a bad streak.

Supposed to be:

No bonus: 90%

Went up by 2: 9%

Went up by 3: 0.9%

Went up by 4: 0.09%

Went up by 5: 0.009%

Went up by 6: 0.0009%

Anyone else notice this?

I actually did notice that. Between level 200 and 250 at the MI school I only got two bonuses, but within a half-dozen sessions at the Secret School I already got 2 bonuses.

It probably is just a fluke though if there's a percentage system to it, as per rockyroad's post.

I didn't realize it could go up to a Super Bonus of 6 though, that'd be awesome! My highest was 4 I once received, I didn't even realize it went up that high at the time - I was stoked when I got that!

May I suggest doing your daily battle with the Koi Warrior? I've (and a friend who has been playing longer than me) found him to drop more codestones than any of the opponents. Today I got 7 codestones. I usually get 4-9 a day now, both red and regular. Maybe you guys know about this already, but if not, it's worth a try. I have 16 Zeds from the last month, but Mags are the least common BD drop for me so far.

I've just reached the 750 defense boost (and reached the strength boost a few weeks ago). I know they just added the 750 boosts with the new dome (after years of 700 being the top). How likely do you think it is that TNT will eventually add (an) 800 (850, 900, etc.) boost(s)? It seems silly to stop training now while I'm at 2 reds, and then have to play catch-up when I'm at 5 or 6 reds (or use potions/neggs/etc., which are more expensive than 2 reds are right now). I'd rather keep my stats level as I train, in anticipation that eventually I'll get new boosts for my effort. But what do you guys think? Should I just start ramping up HP now?

(Note: I'm still zapping. The lab ray has been rather ungenerous with HP lately, and that combined with the DD free boosts and some faerie quests has made HP a little behind. In the short term, I plan to stop training (except to maintain defense, in case it slips) and see where things land as I get closer to the next training zone -- this should hopefully allow my HP to catch up without having to spend too many NP on it. At some point, I would like to stop zapping and paint my pet to her desired color/species, but for now, I'm enjoying the discount on training.)

I've just reached the 750 defense boost (and reached the strength boost a few weeks ago). I know they just added the 750 boosts with the new dome (after years of 700 being the top). How likely do you think it is that TNT will eventually add (an) 800 (850, 900, etc.) boost(s)? It seems silly to stop training now while I'm at 2 reds, and then have to play catch-up when I'm at 5 or 6 reds (or use potions/neggs/etc., which are more expensive than 2 reds are right now). I'd rather keep my stats level as I train, in anticipation that eventually I'll get new boosts for my effort. But what do you guys think? Should I just start ramping up HP now?

(Note: I'm still zapping. The lab ray has been rather ungenerous with HP lately, and that combined with the DD free boosts and some faerie quests has made HP a little behind. In the short term, I plan to stop training (except to maintain defense, in case it slips) and see where things land as I get closer to the next training zone -- this should hopefully allow my HP to catch up without having to spend too many NP on it. At some point, I would like to stop zapping and paint my pet to her desired color/species, but for now, I'm enjoying the discount on training.)

wow well done training right up that high!!

In my opinion if they just added a boost at 750 then if they were going to add more it would come quite soon.

What I mean is that they may have tried out the 750 to see what difference it makes and once they are happy with the dynamics and that it works alright they may add more all at once in six months - just my opinion of course.

Other way to look at it is if they were going to add more why didnt they do it when they added the 750 boost?? hmm

I recon if they dont add more in the next 6 months then it wont happen unless there is a change in the BD of some kind.

In your postion I wouldnt know what to do either :sad01_anim:

I think the plan you have seems logical, cant see any problem with it kind of hedging your bets