Landslide Victory! Tyrannia Remains On Top!

blaisezabini

Posted Image

Hello and welcome everybody! This is Matt reporting from the newsroom along with my co-anchor Katie. Our new reporter Johan hasn't shown up, not a very good sign for him. We might have to send out the hounds soon if he doesn't show up. Anyways, we are well over halfway through with the fourth round, and we had some heated matches yesterday, along with some very exciting results! Let's get started with the results from the Alabriss Bracket! With Darigan Citadel and Maraqua up against the underdogs Faerieland and Moltara respectively, the results were expected. In the match between the Scary Terrors and Kreludor however, we were able to see who the dominant team between the two were!

MoltaraWe saw the Maraqua Mermaids go against the Moltara Magmas today! The Magmas weren't able to do much against the Mermaids, who were able to dominate all of the games. Even though they were able to win, the Mermaids' scores yesterday were less than impressive. With a score of only two in Make Some Noise, the Mermaids need to improve if they want to stand a chance against the other teams in their bracket. With today being the last day of actual competition for this bracket, the Mermaids have to exceed expectations today and play their hardest if they want to rise in their bracket.

Kep BonnefieDarigan Citadel and Faerieland faced each other today, and the results were very predictable. The Citadel was able to shut the Faeries out for the whole game, and the Faeries' attempt to catch up was futile. The game ended with a score of four to two. Darigan Citadel was also able to take the remaining side games, albeit with very low scores compared to the match between the Scary Terrors and Kreludor. The Citadel is also in the same predicament as Maraqua. With today being the last day of actual competition, they have to rally together and pass Terror Mountain and Kreludor if they want to stand on the podium once again.

For our last match of this bracket we have the Scary Terrors versus Kreludor! It was a very heated match! Kreludor was able to take the early lead in the first half, but the Scary Terrors were able to quickly catch up, causing an avalanche of goals against the Moons. The game ended with a score of eight to five in the Scary Terror's favor, but they weren't satisfied with just one win. The Scary Terrors were also able to claim Slushie Slinger! The Moos weren't going to give up however as they took the two remaining side games. This match definitely showed us which team was the dominant one. Despite these results, Kreludor is still sitting comfortably on top of the Alabriss Bracket, and the Scary Terrors only have one day left to pass the Moons.

Now let's turn this over to my co-anchor Katie!

Merci, Matt! I, Katie, will be bringing you the results of the Minitheus and Vaeolus Brackets today. How peculiar that our mustachioed field reporter has vanished so suddenly! We'll see if he will materialize again tomorrow. But first, onto the results of the Minitheus Bracket! The Haunted Woods pummeled Shenkuu in Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown yesterday, though the Ninjas stealthily struck back to claim the wins in Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise. The Brightvale-Mystery Island match-up had a similar outcome, as the Wizards took two victories in Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger. The Natives had their best day since the beginning of the fourth bracket, with wins in Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown. Finally, Virtupets and the Lost Desert had an interesting match, notwithstanding the latter's sole win in Shootout Showdown.

Autrey FulseThe Haunted Woods continues to lead the Minitheus Bracket and Shenkuu was their next prey. The Zombies' ravenous appetite for victory showed as many a successful volley between Krell Vitor and Zo Junior ended up past the Ninjas' goalkeeper, Xana DiLanche. Mirsha Grelinek, Shenkuu's captain, enjoys being in the top three goal scorers this season, despite the rampant losses. However, she conceded that the Haunted Woods simply outplayed them in yesterday's match. The wins in Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise did bolster morale for her team and the fans, which is especially important as one round remains in this year's tournament.

Brightvale faltered in their match against Mystery Island, dropping Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown to the Natives. The Wizards have been rather consistent in Slushie Slinger this round, with no losses so far; Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown has only been so-so for Brightvale. Still, the Wizards are in a decent eleventeenth place position. Volgoth, Mystery Island's captain, continues to elude our microphones in order to comment on his team's performance, especially on their abysmal Yooyuball record. Notwithstanding their terrible Yooyuball record, they've maintained fifteenth place, just above Virtupets and Faerieland. Mystery Island should shift their focus to Yooyuball, ideally, to rise in the standings. Spreading themselves too thin may be a problem. There's still one round to go, and these points matter!

Welder XupenfarbThe Lost Desert had a tough outing against Virtupets yesterday, falling to the Robots in every game except Shootout Showdown. The Mummies had been rallying back from a poor start to the tournament and carrying the previous momentum from a successful match against Mystery Island, but it ultimately didn't work against the Robots. Virtupets, the lower ranked team of the two, has had a better, more consistent fourth round than the Mummies. The team attributes their success to goalkeeper Goltron Mk I, whose agile moves have kept their Yooyuball record spotless this round. Still, despite the Lost Desert's recent losses, they can vie for a higher ranking if captain Leera Heggle keeps them focused.

The Vaeolus Bracket was very intense yesterday! With the top two teams duking it out for the most anticipated match of the season, and two powerhouses competing for third, there was no shortage of suspense! Roo Island had a field day against Kiko Lake, rattling their opponent enough to take three solid wins; Kiko Lake salvaged a win in Slushie Slinger to prevent the sweep. Meridell also staved off a sweep from Krawk Island, just narrowly scraping by in Shootout Showdown. As for the headline match, Tyrannia destroyed Altador in a much-heated battle for pole position in the fifth round. The numbers put up by both teams were simply astronomical!

Kiko Lake came away with a narrow win in Slushie Slinger.Roo Island is determined to latch onto the podium spot as tightly as they can; their tenacity against Kiko Lake shows. With victories in Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown, the Rooligans kept themselves in front of the race for third. As for Kiko Lake, this team has been playing above-average this season, even exceptionally well in this powerhouse bracket! They have won at least one game each day, and even nearly swept Krawk Island and Meridell! Despite their brilliant performance so far, they remain in fourteenth place. Keep fighting, Kiko Lake!

Meridell seems to have lost its morale since the third round, as the fan-favorite team has lost the last eight Yooyuball games and the majority of Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise match-ups. Krawk Island was able to find their swag in Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, and Make Some Noise, losing Shootout Showdown narrowly by a one-point margin. While the hunt for third is constantly changing, Krawk Island and Meridell are practically neck-and-neck for the last coveted podium spot. The Knights ought not give up when the bracket is still a tight race, and definitely not while one more round remains. Positivity is key!

It seems the stadium waited with bated breath as the results of the Tyrannia-Altador clash came out! In a sheer demonstration of power, both Tyrannia and Altador put up unprecedented numbers in most games. However, the Fossils bested the Suns 14-10 in Yooyuball, 16-11 in Slushie Slinger, 18-15 in Make Some Noise, and 13-12 in Shootout Showdown. Loryche, Tyrannia's captain, also improved as a top goal scorer by surpassing Zo Junior of Haunted Woods for fourth place. It seems that the Fossils' are nigh unstoppable and that much closer to winning the much sought golden trophy. Altador is still in a prime position for second place, as this match has dictated. Both teams should get a shout-out for all their hard work yesterday!

That's all I have to report for results! Let's send it back across the newsroom to my co-anchor, Matt, to wrap up today's Altador Cup coverage sans our hapless field reporter, Johan.

Thanks Katie for your thrilling report! Let's wrap up this report with the matches to watch!

Lamelle TurowToday we'll see Darigan Citadel and Maraqua clash with each other! It'll definitely be an exciting match to watch! Both teams are currently in floating in the middle of their bracket, and this match will determine which team will come out on top! With only one day left, all the teams are scrambling to earn as many points as they possibly can, so every win counts! Stay tuned for tomorrow's report as we reveal the outcome!

Ilsa EllitsOur last match to watch today, Meridell versus Roo Island! This is the first time that the two teams have faced against each other, but it seems that Roo Island will be the victor in this match. Meridell has gotten only two wins in the entire bracket, so Roo Island seems like the smart choice. Roo Island has been doing fairly well in this bracket, so we'll see if they'll be able to obtain yet another sweep!

This is it for today! This is Matt with my co-anchor Katie signing off! Come back tomorrow for the latest results! Until then, see you next time!

Posted Image

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

I just realized: this means RI is the only team to have beaten Tyrannia (unless KL can take a game today, which I wouldn't put it past them to do)! Feel proud, fellow Rooligans! Poor Altador. I hope they get a rematch next bracket; I'd love to see them take some games next time.

Now THAT was a crazy matchup. I guess you might as well hand TY the trophy now.

My team did well against KD and apparently we're now #1 in our bracket!

My team did well against KD and apparently we're now #1 in our bracket!

It's about time! Only 2 brackets too late, but at least you guys are finally getting the recognition you deserve. I hope you guys finish in the top 6 (at least); you deserve it.

It's about time! Only 2 brackets too late, but at least you guys are finally getting the recognition you deserve. I hope you guys finish in the top 6 (at least); you deserve it.

That really depends on the bracket we get in the last round of matches. If we can top teams like KD, DC, MQ, and possibly MD now that we've finally been recognized, then if we get in a bracket with them we could place high. If we get into a bracket with a mixture of RI, TY, AL, or even ALL THREE, then the best we're looking at is 9th or 10th, maaayyybe 8th, which would kinda suck considering how much a comeback we made. :(

But....we really kicked butt in this tournament and I'll always be proud of that. Hopefully, we can carry some of this goodwill and momentum into next year's AC and do a little better.