Round Three Closes With New Challengers and Fierce Contention

blaisezabini

Posted Image

Good morning, everyone! This is Austin reporting live from the outskirts of Altador, where we have Farmer Joe with us live. It's been reported that one of Farmer Joe's Kaus has predicted every single game correctly so far. Joe, how does your Kau do it?

Well, ya see, when you ask him who's gonna win, he'll either start eating or stop eating. If you ask him if he thinks Altador will win over Meridell, he'll eat. If he thinks Meridell will win, he won't eat. So far he has 100% prediction accuracy.

That is very cool, Joe. Hopefully your Kau keeps it up. We'll cover the sto-

(An explosion goes off in the background)

Farmer KauNO! Not my Kaus! Get help!

Uhhhhhh... Let's cut to commercial.

Commercial: Have you ever struggled with not being cool? It's a problem in today's world, but don't fret. Sign-up today for Noog's Cool Classes and become the coolest person you know! For a limited time, classes are 50% off, but hurry to get in. Slots for the classes are limited. All sales are final. Noog's Cool Classes will make you cool, but not as cool as Noog! Sign-up NOW!

And we're back! I'm now live from the Altador Police Station, where they are investigating me for the explosion of a farm on the outskirts of Altador. While I wait to get interviewed by the police, let's go over yesterday's results from the Alabriss Bracket.

Virtupets won their third Yooyuball game of the bracket yesterday by topping Kiko Lake. However, Kiko Lake managed to get a side sweep over the former champs, extending their streak of solid performances to four days. Kiko Lake has been running hot as of late and will look to carry their momentum into the next bracket. The Kikos still have a lot of time to reverse their somewhat poor fortunes.

Maraqua picked up their third straight Yooyuball victory yesterday with a four to three victory over Shenkuu. Maraqua now has three Yooyuball wins in the bracket, after only having three total Yooyuball victories in the Cup before. It looks like the tides may have finally turned for Maraqua, and they could be on the way to a top tier spot if they can stay hot through the final weeks of play.

Rinok Fitel ™ The Scary Terrors continued their surprisingly hot (or rather, blistering cold) pace by gathering their eighth straight victory, a far cry from their opening one-to-seven win-loss ratio. The Chillers toppled Meridell for their second sweep of the bracket. Meridell has only won one game of Yooyuball so far in the bracket, yet they still lead. Many skeptics are questioning the legitimacy of the bracket system put together by the Altador Athletic Association. Meanwhile, Meridell and its supporters continue to fight hard to keep their top spot, and if they can reverse fortunes, they may still be able to win the Cup.

Scary GuardGuard: Sir, could we have you step this way, we need to ask you a few questions.

And with that I must go. Let's send it to the newsroom to Matt. Stay classy, Neopia.

Hello everybody, this is Matt reporting live from the newsroom! Austin, try not to get arrested again, please. Let's go over the results from the Minitheus bracket, but before I do however, some breaking news has come in from this bracket! As of this moment, Kreludor has passed Darigan Citadel! Kreludor is now in third, while the Citadel has dropped to fourth! We'll see if the Citadel can reclaim their spot, or if they'll remain in fourth. Now for yesterday's results!

Yesterday, we saw Roo Island and Kreludor face off against each other. With Roo Island's recent sweep against Brightvale, they looked very energetic coming into today's match! That energy showed in their match today as they took the field by storm. Kreludor was able to catch up however, but not fast enough as Roo Island was able to win Yooyuball with a thin margin of one point. They were also able to nearly side sweep the Moons, winning Slushie Slinger and Shootout Showdown. However, Kreludor was able to take Make Some Noise, which is not an easy feat against a team that has very few losses. This marks only Roo Island's 10th loss this year, which is certainly an impressive milestone for the Moons to make their mark on.

Our next match of this bracket was Altador against Haunted Woods. Even with the Haunted Woods' wins against the Citadel the other day, the Zombies still weren't able to stop a sweep from the Suns. Even though the Suns no longer have their perfect record, they still seem to be going strong, and they are still a top candidate for the Cup. We'll see if Altador is able to keep their strength up as we head into new brackets.

Kayn Hireck (BV)Tormo Frein (DC) And our match to watch today, Brightvale versus Darigan Citadel! This definitely turned out to be a heated match! The last time these two teams faced off, Brightvale was able to take Yooyuball and Make Some Noise. The Citadel was hungry for revenge today, and it showed. They were unaffected by the Wizard's magic, and being left with no counterattack, the Wizards were defenseless. Darigan was able to take Yooyuball, and the rest of the side games, cleanly sweeping Brightvale. Despite their drop in their bracket standings, the Citadel still looks strong. We'll see if they can make some more progress in their new bracket.

Now let's turn this over to my wonderful co-anchor Katie, while I take a break which has absolutely nothing to do with breaking Austin out of custody!

Thank you very much, Matt! I'm your resident co-anchor, Katie, and the results for the Vaeolus bracket are fresher than ever! Incredible! Teams Tyrannia and Krawk Island finished off the round with steadfast resolve, sweeping both their respective opponents across all four games. These two teams have also gone completely undefeated in the third round, which is quite a marvelous achievement! The Moltara Magmas had a stunning near-sweep yesterday, dropping only Make Some Noise to Mystery Island -- and that rounds out the Vaeolus bracket summary!

Teams Tyrannia and Krawk Island swept Faerieland and the Lost Desert, respectively. The third round proved highly successful for both powerhouses, garnering them important points for the standings. The Fossils are still the team to beat with a spotless 15-0 record for all four games. As for the Pirates, the Krawk Island crew continues to prove that they are in adamant contention for a podium spot, with no losses at all during the third round. Sharing this feat with Tyrannia, the Pirates will be looking to carry over their winning momentum to the fourth round. As the points increase after each subsequent round, it is vital for Krawk Island to keep fighting for victories in order to catch up to the leading teams.

Team Moltara LogoLor Benneveldt (MI) The gritty match-up between the Magmas and Natives went to the former; Moltara took Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, and Shootout Showdown, while Mystery Island staved off another sweep by edging out in Make Some Noise. Unfortunately, the Natives were unable to keep their side game momentum going against the Magmas. The third round bracket ultimately showed more improvement for Mystery Island, while Moltara remains somewhat consistent overall. Both of these teams have a lot to fight for: for the Magmas, this season might spell disaster if they can't pull themselves out of last place, and the Natives have already fallen hard since their second place finish last year. There's still two rounds to go though, so anything could happen!

Since today is the bye day for the current round, there will be no anticipated match-ups to report on. There will also be no results tomorrow, so we'll see all of you during the fourth round! This has been an ever-enlightening report by Austin, Matt, and Katie, your favorite reporters. Have a good day, folks!

Posted Image

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

Yeah, I think they broke the bracket standings :P I notice TNT hasn't updated the rankings in a long, long time. I hope they work on it today, since it's a bye day.

Yeah, I think they broke the bracket standings :P I notice TNT hasn't updated the rankings in a long, long time. I hope they work on it today, since it's a bye day.

It seems howver that once first place is put in to the system, they are unable to change. Hence the first bracket when Darigan Citadel had a worse score/standings than Meridell yet they were still in first, and in the second bracket when Haunted Woods nearly swept Meridell, but Meridell was in first.. And now in the third bracket, Meridell did TERRIBLE yet they are still in first... I really don't understand the bracket system..

And yet the Minitheus bracket finally budged, with Kreludor rocketing up. I hope TNT is working on fixing the rankings for the Alabriss bracket today, because it's not right. It was a little bad in round 2, but arguments could be made for Meridell and KI keeping their respective places in their brackets, even though I thought they both should have slipped. But TM clearly deserves first place in their bracket in Round 3, and Meridell probably doesn't even deserve 2nd.

Great pun, by the way -- it made me laugh out loud:

It looks like the tides may have finally turned for Maraqua

Based on performances in this bracket, we should be first and MD should be like 3rd. They did poorly this round.

Although regardless, I'm incredibly proud of my team's results!

Edit: I was checking game results. FL only won 2 games this whole round so how are they ranked higher than MT?