1. 1. Do you play food club?

• Yes, I bet myself
    • Yes, I copy other peoples bets
    • Only on rare occasions
    • No
    • What's food club?
    • Never tried it before

Just curious.

Not sure about the recentness of the game, but I've only been playing since recently.

I have to say it's an awesome way to earn some easy NP's like, big time.

It's been here since ~13.5 years ago! Yes it's an awesome way of earning NP. My bets is similar to ~MyFoodClubBets, but with different safeties/boosters

It's been here since ~13.5 years ago! Yes it's an awesome way of earning NP. My bets is similar to ~MyFoodClubBets, but with different safeties/boosters

Has it really? I don't remember it being around when Krawk Island was first released (though, granted, I was just a little kiddo back then, and wouldn't have understood it anyway. XD)

I play, though I copy other peoples' bets. :)

I started copying Hugo's bets less than a month ago. I've only bet 12 times and my profit so far comes to 1095146! :O Granted, I do have a very old account and I think we might be having a lucky spell at the moment :laughingsmiley:

Hugo's bet is quite amazing actually. I only disagree with his bets once in a while when I think it's a bit risky or when he decides to deviate from his "system" that he came up with recently.

Alternatively, you can try Tracey's bet too. Experienced better.

I am entirely able to bet myself but it's less time-consuming to copy :)

I used to play it often, but then I really fell in love with the stock market and... well I haven't played since. HOWEVER: I did do my thinking and research and always picked my own choices for the daily matches. It's quite fun.

I've never tried it before. I've been hearing a lot more about it recently than I used to, and some people have been winning amazing amounts from it, but I've never been much of a gambler and I'd be too afraid of losing my NP. At least until I do more research on how it works.

Has it really? I don't remember it being around when Krawk Island was first released (though, granted, I was just a little kiddo back then, and wouldn't have understood it anyway. XD)

I play, though I copy other peoples' bets. :)

Why do you think there are 5100 rounds already? :P

I've never tried it before. I've been hearing a lot more about it recently than I used to, and some people have been winning amazing amounts from it, but I've never been much of a gambler and I'd be too afraid of losing my NP. At least until I do more research on how it works.

I don't think I ever lost NP with Food club on a monthly scale... ever....

To say Food Club is profitable is an understatement. It's second to only Habitarium in terms of pure NP profit/time. Employment agency would come after. Nowdays, Battledome Beta also closely comes after.

I've been playing Food Club for years...I used to follow someone else's bets but I learned quickly enough and have been pretty lucky doing my own bets, on and off, for the last 5 years. I don't really need more NP - but I like betting every day anyway, to see what the outcome is. I've collected over 20mil off Food Club (totals) - it's risky but fun and super profitable. I always recommend it to people who ask me for "NP-earning advice" :)

It is gambling, but the expected value over time is positive if you take advantage of the built-in arbitrage (pay-out better than the true odds) in the system. There are a couple quirks to the betting system: 1) You can never have odds better than 2:1 and 2) You can never have odds worse than 13:1. The listed odds (with the exception of 2:1) are the best-case scenario for that pirate; his odds could be slightly worse.* So if there's an arena that has 3 pirates at 13:1 and one at 2:1, you can be sure that 2:1 pirate has at least a 77% chance of winning, not 50% (and it could be even higher, since those 13:1 pirates could be 25:1 or even 100:1 in reality). So just betting on the 2:1 pirate in that scenario, you'll win 54 NP (net) for every 100 NP you bet -- that's a 54% return! Sure, some days you might lose it all, but you'll also get streaks where you double your money several days in a row. In the long run, on average, it'll be 54 NP for every 100 NP you put in, per day. Guaranteed. Myfoodclubbets (Hugo) explains it better (and links to an even more thorough explanation). I also find his analysis of the arenas' odds to be pretty good, and I'm much too lazy (and inexperienced) to do it myself. I make my own bets (sometimes they end up the same as his, but usually slightly different), but I use his analysis most of the time.

*Note that the odds do change based on others' bets. Some people do analyses to determine how "good" the starting odds are (they're usually pretty good, but occasionally suspect). Say you had one of the 13:1 pirates above replaced with a 10:1 pirate. The 2:1 pirate would still be a ~75% favorite, and so most people would bet heavily on him. The 10:1 pirate's odds might slip to 13:1 due to this. If his true odds were predicted accurately by the opening odds, you now have another pirate in the arena with arbitrage (because you'll get paid 1300 NP for every 100 NP you bet, and win 10% of the time, for a net profit of 30 NP for every 100 you bet, on average).

I played once following someone else's bets and won a decent profit, but then I felt like it was cheating because I was copying someone else's bets so I never played it again... :/

If you read the analysis of people's bets everyday and already read the guide then you would understand more and maybe one day you can bet on your own (that's what I'm experiencing ;))

Experts' bets also guarantee nice profits also, so I highly recommend you to play this game :D

The Poll answers are so varied :D

But I agree with most of you, though it also peeks my interest why it's suddenly becoming a much bigger thing than it used to be? Could it be more and more people are starting to realize it's an easy way to win a lot of NP's?

I've always wanted to play because my account is 10 years old and I'm sure I could get a lot of profit from it, but I never understood it so I've never tried. Might just start to copy others' bets and learn that way since a lot of you are actually doing that too XD

I've seen a lot of people talking about it and read a few things about it, but I never understood it. I copied someone elses' bet one time but I didn't win anything, not sure if I did it right or not, had no idea what was going on. :P

For those just starting to play, keep in mind the gates close 15min. before the battles (at 1:45pm NST right now). They just got slammed in my face mid-bidding thanks to site lag -- I missed out on one of my bets with the highest expected value (and highest potential payout) and two additional bets besides. :( Orvinn, please don't win.

Gingerew, I only bet if the expected value is more than the amount of the bet -- and if it is, in the long run, you'll earn the most NP by betting the max you can. So that's what I do (my bank account is such that I can handle a bad streak, though the longest I've gone without winning something has only been about 3-4 days so far -- but I've only been playing for about 2 months). Some people make long-shot bets that have a losing expected value; if I were to make one of those, I might consider betting less. And some days there aren't any positive bets in the entire system -- some people like to bet no matter what, so they make smaller bets on those days. It's up to you based on how much NP you can bet vs. how much you have to spare.

Also, if your account's really old, keep in mind that the max payout per bet is 1M. It calculates it for you on the betting screen before you submit, so if you see that, you should decrease your bet to the minimum needed to still get that 1M payout.

Gingerew, I only bet if the expected value is more than the amount of the bet -- and if it is, in the long run, you'll earn the most NP by betting the max you can. So that's what I do (my bank account is such that I can handle a bad streak, though the longest I've gone without winning something has only been about 3-4 days so far -- but I've only been playing for about 2 months). Some people make long-shot bets that have a losing expected value; if I were to make one of those, I might consider betting less. And some days there aren't any positive bets in the entire system -- some people like to bet no matter what, so they make smaller bets on those days. It's up to you based on how much NP you can bet vs. how much you have to spare.

Also, if your account's really old, keep in mind that the max payout per bet is 1M. It calculates it for you on the betting screen before you submit, so if you see that, you should decrease your bet to the minimum needed to still get that 1M payout.

Oh thanks, that's great to know! I didn't know that there was a max payout. My account is 12 years old so I'm assuming my bets could possibly get me up to 1 million. I'll keep that in mind. I did my first betting today so here's hoping I have good luck *crosses fingers*