Was this like last year and previous years?

When all teams had a bye-day, did they games count last year and the years before? Because i was shocked when i saw my Yooyuball record increasing on the Games Won section. So did they have the games count on bye-days last year and previous years?

Last year was my first AC, but they didn't have Bye Days at all.

I'd like to say that at some point they did. Forgive my bad memory if I'm wrong, but after the DRR matches were finished there was a break before the finals started, and those bye days counts towards your rank maybe? And there should have been a bye day last year because MI and MD had to play for the tiebreak for second place (unless you played for one of those teams). I don't remember if that counted towards the rank, but it probably did? I wish I paid more attention to it.

Wait whaaaaaaaa--

The games played today counts towards your rank?

Ouch. I should've known better. Wasted 22 hours then.

Nah, they didn't at first. They "fixed" it sometime this afternoon, so you only wasted a few hours, not a full day. ;)

Nah, they didn't at first. They "fixed" it sometime this afternoon, so you only wasted a few hours, not a full day. ;)

Wow... way to go TNT. Sure... sure.. fix something midway through the day and just ignore all the "minor" flaws of the system yep... the least they can do is reveal everything about the system to the public. /sigh

I kinda figured that games played yesterday could still count towards your rank and such, but I chose to take a break anyway. I've been putting in crazy amounts of time playing YYB and such (75, 85, and 95 game days) so I wanted a day off. :3

I kinda figured that games played yesterday could still count towards your rank and such, but I chose to take a break anyway. I've been putting in crazy amounts of time playing YYB and such (75, 85, and 95 game days) so I wanted a day off. :3

Looking at your current record.. you deserve a day off. Have you been SLEEPING?! :sad02:

Wait whaaaaaaaa--

The games played today counts towards your rank?

Ouch. I should've known better. Wasted 22 hours then.

Ugh, If i had known that I would have played! D: I've already missed two days due to being busy -.-

Wow... way to go TNT. Sure... sure.. fix something midway through the day and just ignore all the "minor" flaws of the system yep... the least they can do is reveal everything about the system to the public. /sigh

Oh, that's not all they fixed yesterday. They changed the rules, too -- they took out the part where the bye day would not happen on the first or last day of a round, and the part where you're supposed to play every team in your bracket at least once (seriously, TNT? how hard is that to make happen? I could write the code for that in about 5 minutes... you were able to handle it during the round robin years...).

And the new brackets make no sense. How are we supposed to prove we're better than Darigan, Tyrannia, KI, or Meridell if none of them are in our bracket? For that matter, how are we supposed to prove our worth against Altador if we never play them? Had we gone head-to-head last round, we might have come out on top (I know they're strong, but Rooligans have a lot of heart -- we could have banded together and maybe beaten them, but we weren't even given a chance) -- and if we had, we'd be the ones with 13 points in the top row.

Looking at your current record.. you deserve a day off. Have you been SLEEPING?! :sad02:

Lol....I'm telling you guys, I put in the work for my team! ;)

And I can say this for certain...it's all legit. I wouldn't know how to cheat at this stuff. I just spend as much of the day as I can on the cup cuz I don't really have anything else to do and I like it that way. I'm an introvert. :3

Oh, that's not all they fixed yesterday. They changed the rules, too -- they took out the part where the bye day would not happen on the first or last day of a round, and the part where you're supposed to play every team in your bracket at least once (seriously, TNT? how hard is that to make happen? I could write the code for that in about 5 minutes... you were able to handle it during the round robin years...).

And the new brackets make no sense. How are we supposed to prove we're better than Darigan, Tyrannia, KI, or Meridell if none of them are in our bracket? For that matter, how are we supposed to prove our worth against Altador if we never play them? Had we gone head-to-head last round, we might have come out on top (I know they're strong, but Rooligans have a lot of heart -- we could have banded together and maybe beaten them, but we weren't even given a chance) -- and if we had, we'd be the ones with 13 points in the top row.

Terror Mountain faced every team in our bracket and only one of those teams (Maraqua) is in our new bracket...Did they specifically say you'll face every team in your bracket in each round or that you'll face every team in the tournament? Cuz one of the big failings of last year, for me, is that Terror Mountain ended up finishing ACVII without ever facing like 3-5 teams AT ALL.

It said you would play every team in your bracket, and have one bye day that wouldn't be the first or last day (for each of the first four rounds, for the bye day). With the bracket system, it'll be tough to make sure every team faces every other team. And perhaps you don't have to -- I'm not sure there's much point to Tyrannia playing Faerieland, for example, given their current rankings. But close teams should definitely play each other -- there was absolutely no reason for Altador and Roo Island not to play each other on the last day, given that at the time both had fully swept every other team in the bracket.

It said you would play every team in your bracket, and have one bye day that wouldn't be the first or last day (for each of the first four rounds, for the bye day). With the bracket system, it'll be tough to make sure every team faces every other team. And perhaps you don't have to -- I'm not sure there's much point to Tyrannia playing Faerieland, for example, given their current rankings. But close teams should definitely play each other -- there was absolutely no reason for Altador and Roo Island not to play each other on the last day, given that at the time both had fully swept every other team in the bracket.

Hmm...well then I can't argue with you about the brackets. I know there were a lot of teams facing certain teams twice, though TM managed to avoid that. I think the brackets are supposed to be random, as far as which teams are in them for each round. The teams that are closer together aren't actually required to face each other until maybe the last round? This whole bracket system is really fuzzy though so I can't say for sure.

As far as the bye day, it wasn't on the last day of that round. The last day of that round was the fifth match on the 4th. The bye day came after, so technically that's still following the rules although I could imagine an argument could be made otherwise. For me though, I think the bye day placement for the first round was fine.