Meerca Henchmen Help

Firstly, is this avatar working? I read somewhere that for a while it was not.

Secondly, here are my stats: I should probably get my hit points up but other than that, am I ok?

Level 69

Hit Points: 126 / 126
Strength: LEGENDARY (100)
Defence: AMAZING (96)
Movement: AMAZING (94)
(currently training to get all stats to 100, then I will get HP up)
Third, Equipment set? Not looking to spend a whole lot. Here's what I currently use:
Purple Sticky Hand, Downsize, Scroll of Freezing, Golden Compass, Greater Healing Scroll, Obsidian Dagger, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Axe, Leaf Shield
I've seen what is recommended. I'm not big on spending a lot on one-time use items and then losing. But if it is highly recommended, I will.
Fourth, New Faerie Abilities? I've got Halitosis & Meditate. Willing to change and/or get more.
I'm getting frustrated with this so any help is GREATLY appreciated. Ready to get new DON trophies too! :)

I'm terrible at recommending sets and stuff, so I will leave that to people that are far more skilled. One thing I can definitely recommend is Lens Flare. Faeries are so cheap now, so there is definitely no reason not to get it, and it's WONDERFUL.

BUT: I just want to make sure you know that the DoN trophies (and thus, the Meerca Henchmen avatar) are down at the moment. TNT is still working on implementing them in the new BD. So continuing training in the mean time is definitely something you should do.

(one other thing to mention, Movement is more or less useless. There is one weapon that I can think of that needs movement to work properly, the Heavy Robe of Thievery, but that's about it. Having all of your stats even looks nice, but it slows down your training, and costs a lot. I've never trained agility, and I'm just four points away from 200 just from doing Air Faerie quests. Something to think of! Also, the next boost is at 125, not 100, so you aren't doing any more damage than you were at 85. Luckily you will probably have lots of time to work on that! )

I personally beat Meerca Henchmen with a very weak pet, but with some one-use Muffins. Your pet's stats are fine for the henchmen, if you're having trouble with him I would upgrade your set or consider using muffins.

Also, for further training, I would not really focus on movement, because it's rarely needed. Movement is very useful if you want the 100% stealer "Heavy Robe of Thievery", but not very useful elsewhere.

Really just needed to know if the avatar was working or not. I appreciate any weapon/faerie help as well. As far as upgrading weapons, what is recommended?

I understand that speed is not necessary. I just prefer even stats. I will probably stop after 100 because it is costly.

I just tested, and stealers seem to still be broken (at least Heavy Robe of Thievery is -- it doesn't steal anything, even when it says it does).

Not sure if you can afford a Hansos Charisma Charm, but it would block all dark while attacking 10 icons. The Altadorian swordbreaker attacks with 5 earth and defends against all physical, for only 110k. If you got both and lens flare, I'd think you'd have no issues. A cheaper alternative would be to get some of the 50% reflectors (dark, air, water), but they can break permanently (and do, about 20% of the time). But they're pretty cheap. Another option is maractite rune sword for offense (vs. the obsidian dagger).

I have no idea if these avvies are working yet; I thought they were, though you might not get an announcement, but I could be misremembering.

Really just needed to know if the avatar was working or not. I appreciate any weapon/faerie help as well. As far as upgrading weapons, what is recommended?

I understand that speed is not necessary. I just prefer even stats. I will probably stop after 100 because it is costly.

I completely missed the part about the avatar not working. xD I'm not entirely sure about that.

As for weapons, it depends on your price range. Like siniri said, you can never go wrong with Hanso's Charisma Charm. :)

I completely missed the part about the avatar not working. xD I'm not entirely sure about that.

As for weapons, it depends on your price range. Like siniri said, you can never go wrong with Hanso's Charisma Charm. :)

Haha thats ok. Looks like it's not working but that means I can just save up some money and buy new stuff until it is working again. I will look into those weapons you mentioned and buy them. I think I have a few muffins in my SDB too so that will help. I appreciate all the extensive weapon help - that is one thing I am not good at. I read the guide on this website but it's for the old battledome so I wasn't sure if it still held up or not.

Thanks that is helpful. I saw this:

• Defenders of Neopia trophies aren't being awarded yet. (Avatars are being granted, and the Bob trophy is also working now.)

So the avatars are being granted?? I battled the Black Pteri the other day and got that avatar so I was just curious if the DON avatars were working.

Thanks that is helpful. I saw this:

• Defenders of Neopia trophies aren't being awarded yet. (Avatars are being granted, and the Bob trophy is also working now.)
So the avatars are being granted?? I battled the Black Pteri the other day and got that avatar so I was just curious if the DON avatars were working.

This does make it sound like the avatars are working, but the Meerca Henchmen avatar is awarded at the same time as your trophy. Because of that, I would assume that it isn't working. However, my advice would be to try it. Right now, your opponents don't get more difficult the more times you beat them, so you might as well try to beat them and see if you get the avatar. All you'll lose is the NP you spent on any 1-use items.

For stats, you're probably in good shape. You meet all of the suggestions in the Battlepedia guide! You've got the 85 boost for strength and defense, so you have a boost of 2.5. The Meerca Henchmen don't have a lot of defensive weapons and so can only defend against physical icons. Thus, for your attack weapons, pretty much the more icons the better. You might want to consider constants that do more attack icons than your current ones like Scroll of the Wise, Scroll of the Scholar, or Scroll of Knowledge.

For defense, the Meerca Henchmen have mostly weapons that are strong on physical icons. To defend against physical, consider dual-duty weapons like Altadorian Swordbreaker or Rusty Pitchfork. A shield like Patched Magic Hat is a good choice, especially since one of their weapons deals both air and physical, so you're likely to get the extra defense. Leaf Shield is probably good too, since they also have strong water attack and some earth attack. Another alternative is Shiny Shoal Shell Shield.

I would highly recommend using a freezing/bomb strategy for these opponents, since they have a strong chance to freeze you. Plus, on average difficulty, the Henchmen have 175 HP, so with your strength boost, you will have to hit them with 70 icons total in order to finish them off. If you were to hit them with 2 15-icon muffins on one turn, especially if they can't defend, that would take care of almost half of their HP. The cheapest 15-icon muffin right now is Robot Muffin. Since the Meerca Henchmen can defend against physical, if you're using muffins on a turn where they aren't frozen, I would recommend using Shooting Star Muffin or Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb, since they don't deal physical icons. If you want to invest in a multi-use bomb, the best in this class is Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, but it will definitely cost you. If you're not much into battling, you're probably better off with the muffins. Your Scroll of Freezing should be sufficient for freezing the Meerca Henchmen, as long as it doesn't break in your attempts.

For faerie abilities, I highly recommend Lens Flare. It works kind of like a freezer. My strategy is usually Constant + Freezer + Lens Flare, and then using bombs on the next turn. That way, if your opponent counters your Lens Flare, you still can use your bombs on the turn where your opponent is frozen. You might also want to consider An Icicle as a boost to your attack. It will give you an extra 6 water icons each turn you use it.

Hope that helps, and good luck! Let us know if the avatar is working!

First make sure you are actually at the appropriate level for DoN before you attempt it. This is DoN S1 LEVEL 8 for Henchman. This is because DoN does not work anymore. For example, since BETA I am stuck at the Brain Tree. No matter how many times I will beat the Henchman I will not trigger the avatar nor the trophy because I am still at the Brain Tree Level.

In other words make sure you are actually at the right level for the DoN before it went down (last year). I am pretty sure you cannot just randomly beat an opponent of higher level out of order without going through all the lower levels. However, since DoN is completely dead (to my knowledge) there is no way to trigger it if you don't have the prerequisite. I could be wrong though so someone correct me if I am.

First make sure you are actually at the appropriate level for DoN before you attempt it. This is DoN S1 LEVEL 8 for Henchman. This is because DoN does not work anymore. For example, since BETA I am stuck at the Brain Tree. No matter how many times I will beat the Henchman I will not trigger the avatar nor the trophy because I am still at the Brain Tree Level.

In other words make sure you are actually at the right level for the DoN before it went down (last year). I am pretty sure you cannot just randomly beat an opponent of higher level out of order without going through all the lower levels. However, since DoN is completely dead (to my knowledge) there is no way to trigger it if you don't have the prerequisite. I could be wrong though so someone correct me if I am.

Even if you are at the right level, and the Henchmen are your next opponents in DoN, you still won't get the avatar. DoN is down right now, until TNT finishes making it compatiable with the new BD, or whatever it is they're doing with it. Until they bring it back- and I'm sure there will be a big announcement when they do- there is no way to get ANY of the DoN trophies, or the Meerca Henchmen avatar.

Ok thanks all for the help. I am using some Robot Muffins and bought the Haseo Charisma Charm. I will also probably buy the sword mentioned. I'm still losing but it usually comes out to a draw. I need a new freezer as well because my scroll finally broke! I will simply save up & buy a few more things but I am doing better than I was originally.

Yes the Henchmen are my next opponent for DoN. The witch doctor was the previous opponent. I have been stuck on the Henchmen since before the battledome switched over. I have been training on/off again and working on other avatars. I though this one would be good to shoot for next but since it is down, I will just continue to train/buy new stuff. Thanks for such an informative post!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.