How do you think the format will be for Altador Cup VIII?

Hey everyone how do you think the format will be for Altador Cup 8? Will it be the same as 7? or will it go back to the original format? Comment Below! Also how do you think each team will do this year? Post your predictions below!

I think it's going to be basically the same as last year. I think they'll fix the brackets a bit, so each team actually goes up against the others, but it will be almost identical.

I think that Kreludor will break through the Winner's Curse and still do well. <3

I think it's going to be basically the same as last year. I think they'll fix the brackets a bit, so each team actually goes up against the others, but it will be almost identical.

I think that Kreludor will break through the Winner's Curse and still do well. <3

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but what is the Winner's Curse?

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but what is the Winner's Curse?

Thats not a dumb question at all. The Winner's Curse is a saying that the winner of a previous year of the Altador Cup does not place in the top 5 in the year after they win it.

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier! I hope they do improve the bracket systems. It was unfair with the brackets since they day the teams were placed in the bracket, it was frozen there

IE

Day 1 Final Day in Bracket:

1. Meridell 1. Meridell

2. Mystery Island 2. Mystery Island

3. Maraqua 3. Maraqua

4. Faerieland 4. Faerieland

5. Moltora 5. Moltora

or one team would go up once. Also, i hope they make the Altador Cup longer than it was last year. I really enjoy when the Altador Cup goes into late July or early August

A lot of people don't like last years format, so I hope, and believe that they will go back to DRR, and maybe even SRR, but probably DRR.

EDIT: I almost forgot my predictions but with DRR or SRR, So here it is:

1. Krawk island ( we gonna lose freeloaders for sure, and I'm being bais)

2. Maraqua ( They are awesome, and will I think lose freeloaderz, but this might be far-fetched)

3. Meridell (they are really goodbut I don't think they have enough)

4. Lost Desert ( they are usually top of 2nd group in finals, but I think DC will be here but they never share top 4 with KI, so we'll see)

5. Darigan Citadel: ( again I think they will make 4th but they neva share top 4 with KI)

6. Mystery Island ( on the rise, but that will stop soon, really soon)

7. Kiko Lake ( they are rising up, but I don't think they'll get any higher then this )

8. Kreludor ( Winners Curse )

9. Haunted Woods (underestimated, best team not recently in top 7 team in the cup)

10. Tyrannia (best team when it comes to side games, but that is not enough)

11. Roo Island (winners curse, still keeps hitting, I think)

12. Shenkuu ( I didn't understand there fall, so I have nothing to say)

13. Virtupets ( bottom feeders, and bottom dwellers, just keepin it real)

14. Terror Mountain (they were good in SOSD, and I think theh will do it again, so thats y they arent last)

15. Brightvale ( not..... *sigh* )

16. Moltara ( they are slowly rising, but I think they go down once in DRR)

17. Altador (not good, not improving, no progress)

18. Faerieland ( they made it clear last year that they don't want it so bad )

So there you go...

A lot of people don't like last years format, so I hope, and believe that they will go back to DRR, and maybe even SRR, but probably DRR.

I really like DRR but SRR was good too. I feel TNT wanted to try something different with the Bracket system, and when they meant well, it turned out very sloppy.

When they meant well, it turned out very sloppy.

TNT summed up into one sentence, bravo. :P

I really enjoy when the Altador Cup goes into late July or early August

I actually feel that there needs to be a limit to how long they drag things out, because often times things seem to take an eternity and by the time it's over everyone is tired of it and not remotely ready to be thrown into the next thing we all know TNT has waiting for us. I am in favor of whatever format makes the Altador Cup a reasonable length and won't leave us frustrated or twiddling our thumbs (they somehow managed to do both with the War).

As long as it doesn't take a month again, I'm fine with whatever they throw at us. I have no idea how anyone can consistently log in enough wins every day for a month just to get to the higher level trophies. Apparently logging in ~1,000 goals last year was only good enough for Rank 4 out of 20-something. Seriously, who has that kind of time to go all the way for an entire month?

Surely, it won't be anything too sensible. Surely, we will all be sobbing in corners by the time the event is done. And I want more than anything for Kreludor to do better than any team has ever done the year after they won.

TNT summed up into one sentence, bravo. :P

I actually feel that there needs to be a limit to how long they drag things out, because often times things seem to take an eternity and by the time it's over everyone is tired of it and not remotely ready to be thrown into the next thing we all know TNT has waiting for us. I am in favor of whatever format makes the Altador Cup a reasonable length and won't leave us frustrated or twiddling our thumbs (they somehow managed to do both with the War).

Lol nice. Yeah i agree with that too it can be a bit fustrating with a long Altador Cup.

I'm afraid to speculate what it'll be exactly, I just know it'll be bad. ;)

LOL. what if it is the original DRR? or the SRR?

As long as it doesn't take a month again, I'm fine with whatever they throw at us. I have no idea how anyone can consistently log in enough wins every day for a month just to get to the higher level trophies. Apparently logging in ~1,000 goals last year was only good enough for Rank 4 out of 20-something. Seriously, who has that kind of time to go all the way for an entire month?

How long do you want it to be?

Surely, it won't be anything too sensible. Surely, we will all be sobbing in corners by the time the event is done. And I want more than anything for Kreludor to do better than any team has ever done the year after they won.

Good Luck to Kreludor and all the teams in this years ACVIII

Well, I get that part of the reason the AC takes so long is that it runs in the summer, as it's incentive for players to log in during the summer slump. So I doubt that the AC will end too quickly. Maybe if each bracket lasts for only 3 days or so (like the skirmishes for the Obelisk) with a few days' breaks in between, then the slog will be less intolerable.

IDK, I'm biased because I find Yooyuball extremely boring, especially after more than 30 minutes (but I hate missing out on site event trophies). At least with the Battledome stuff I could tune out and watch Netflix or Hulu while clicking. Yooyuball demands all your attention, especially with those ^!#$(#@* Darigan Yooyuballs. There's a huge difference between testing your skills versus just throwing you frustrating, luck-based game mechanics that serve no purpose but to annoy you to the nth degree.

PS: Krawk Island forever! :P

The bracket system definitely needs some work, as we saw in the fiasco last year. We played a couple teams 5 times and didn't play others at all.

I'm all for anything that makes the tournament shorter. It's fun for a week, but because of the amount of games you need to play, and there only being 4 games to choose from, it gets old and monotonous FAST. Not to mention a lot of people go on vacation this time of year or have other commitments so having it be a month long really sucks for some people. Personally, I would prefer an event this long and this tedious to take place in January/February.

Well, I get that part of the reason the AC takes so long is that it runs in the summer, as it's incentive for players to log in during the summer slump. So I doubt that the AC will end too quickly. Maybe if each bracket lasts for only 3 days or so (like the skirmishes for the Obelisk) with a few days' breaks in between, then the slog will be less intolerable.

IDK, I'm biased because I find Yooyuball extremely boring, especially after more than 30 minutes (but I hate missing out on site event trophies). At least with the Battledome stuff I could tune out and watch Netflix or Hulu while clicking. Yooyuball demands all your attention, especially with those ^!#$(#@* Darigan Yooyuballs. There's a huge difference between testing your skills versus just throwing you frustrating, luck-based game mechanics that serve no purpose but to annoy you to the nth degree.

PS: Krawk Island forever! :P

You know what you can do while playing Yooyuball, you can listen to music or your favorite card game opening. Thats what i usually do.

The bracket system definitely needs some work, as we saw in the fiasco last year. We played a couple teams 5 times and didn't play others at all.

I'm all for anything that makes the tournament shorter. It's fun for a week, but because of the amount of games you need to play, and there only being 4 games to choose from, it gets old and monotonous FAST. Not to mention a lot of people go on vacation this time of year or have other commitments so having it be a month long really sucks for some people. Personally, I would prefer an event this long and this tedious to take place in January/February.

I agree with the date change, but also in January and February most of us will have school and we wont be able to play much. I think they do it in the summer because of the Summer Olympics. It would be cool if they added some different games and maybe some new teams.But that bracket system was super unfair especially for under par teams have to fight uber teams.

They'll probably try a new format that would result in more chaos around the neopets community, or they go back to the original format. I have no problem with the DRR and SRR, but hey, let's hope for the best :P

• "This year, the Altador Cup tournament once again pits 18 teams, representing the lands of Neopia, against each other. A few teams have had some significant roster shake-ups since the last tournament, so keep an eye on them!
  • Tournament play is made up of five rounds. For each round, six teams will be placed into one of three brackets. During the round, every team in the bracket will play each other once."

THEY ARE DOING THE BRACKET SYSTEM ONCE AGAIN. THIS WAS OFF OF THE RULES PAGE ON THE ALTADOR CUP HOMEPAGE. :'(

• "This year, the Altador Cup tournament once again pits 18 teams, representing the lands of Neopia, against each other. A few teams have had some significant roster shake-ups since the last tournament, so keep an eye on them!
  • Tournament play is made up of five rounds. For each round, six teams will be placed into one of three brackets. During the round, every team in the bracket will play each other once."

THEY ARE DOING THE BRACKET SYSTEM ONCE AGAIN. THIS WAS OFF OF THE RULES PAGE ON THE ALTADOR CUP HOMEPAGE. :'(

Ugh i know right! I saw that. My jaw just opened... i was like wow...... Do they want to have all the users mad at the because of a crappy AC? UGH.

I'd like to ask a silly questions, please!!!!!!

I played about 3 or 4 years ago and really enjoyed it.

I only played a little bit last year and wasn't sure what was going on so I left.

Can someone please explain the system they had last year? I really have no idea what any one is on about.