Thieves Win Boons, Avatar And Site Theme!

hrtbrk

Congrats, Thieves. I knew I should have focused more on Kanrik. Everyone should come join the Order next time so we can all get the shinies! I tried to get 100 wins each, but I literally ran out of time -- ended up about 10-15 shy (against the easiest Seeker opponent). Next time I'll work even harder; I really want a boon and site theme.

Only one of the boons is the same as what the Sway got to choose from - Cheaper by the Dozen.

So far, only one other has been figured out- LOL Avies allows you to 'steal' an avatar you don't have. It says "Pilfered" underneith, so other people can tell you have stolen it, and it likely will revert to one you do have when the timer runs down.

Yay, I chose right this time :D *hugs new avatar*

I guess we understand now how all this works.

Every other week there'll be a three-way fight like we've just had. If you're on the winning team you'll get the avatar & theme for that faction. If you choose wrong you get nothing.

So in theory, in twelve weeks someone could have six extra avatars, while other people might have none...

I guess it's quite a good idea, but it could soon get very irritating if you keep making the wrong choice!

Yay Thieves Guild!!! It was a nice surprise to get a new avvie and theme when I went to the Battleground! I thought it might take a bit longer for the results to be released.

I hope this doesn't go for 12 weeks o_O It's good if everyone gets more of a chance to win, but I can't see me battling for that long.

Someone on the boards thinks they have the Five Fingered Discount figured:

"I figured out the Five Finger Discount, you get discounted prices in NPS shops. I just visited one, but the discounts weren't all that big :/" (http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153972577&next=101)

(another user says they think the discount is about 10%)

And the people that choose Scratchmaster can buy Scratch cards more frequently- it's unknown if they can also scratch more than 6- the usual cap.

And Doppleganger is BD related, but no one is sure if it effects the prizes you win, or the weapons you get to use during the fight, or what yet.

Yay Thieves Guild!!! It was a nice surprise to get a new avvie and theme when I went to the Battleground! I thought it might take a bit longer for the results to be released.

I hope this doesn't go for 12 weeks o_O It's good if everyone gets more of a chance to win, but I can't see me battling for that long.

It's a new feature to the Battledome so I think it's here to stay :)

Doppelgänger is definitely to do with the battledome, because there's a banner at the top when you fight. Not sure what though.

You still get the same np reward & the same number of prizes.

Might possibly be something to do with prizes because I got two 'Five Dubloon Coins' from the Koi warrior, which is unusual... Otherwise prizes look the same as usual.

Doesn't seem to affect weapons or abilities or anything...

Until I get my Seekers avatar, I'm not changing factions. I hope there's an avatar for loyalty :D

There probably won't be, since half of the teams can't stay loyal unless they don't participate in some of the rounds. I hope the Seekers win soon though. :D

Well I've seen the LOL Avvie boon being used on the Neoboards now. It looks like it'd be fun for a few hours, but probably a waste of boon for the week. I'm waiting to know what they all are for sure, but I'll probably pick the Stock Market one this time.

Again lost... I want the seekers avatar :( I don't need the boons, I just want that avatar... seems sad that you have to choose the right team to get the avatar...

All the factions will win eventually. :) I'm not saying TNT's going to take any control over it, but the only real prizes are the avatars/site themes - when it comes down to it, players will pick a faction that has a prize they don't have yet. Just keep picking Seekers and you'll get it eventually! :)

Anyone with Doppelganger try a single-use weapon yet? Wondering if maybe single use / once-per-battle items are multi-use for the duration of the Truce.

Nope, sorry.

Have tried lots of things - am thinking maybe they forgot to activate it! :(