Applications for adopting pets?

keithp

I saw someone on neobards advertising about creating neopets with desirable names that were just from the recent purge and now they are up for adoption, which is fine.

I contacted the user asking if I could trade one of my pets for one of theirs figuring i can do a trade or transfer and instead of "applying" for a pet just sent a neomail asking in case this person wasnt checking their side account which is what this adoption pet was on, and I was rudely told no and given an attitude about it in all caps in neomail saying no trade or transfer. But clearly if your adopting a pet, you have to do a transfer otherwise youd pound the pet and risk the potential adopter losing it, right? So makes no sense.

On the user page is all these rules about applying to adppt this pet, saying people need to show that they deserve one of these pets, and not to suck up to this person asking for a pet, all really snobby things like this user is better than everyone, and such an attitude. This person wants to know what applying users will do once they adopt the pet.

Is this against the rules? I really want to report this person because I dont see how your allowed to treat anyone like that and make up your own rules when you dont own the site!

OP: Wow. I'm sorry that you were treated so rudely.

I don't know the rules of trading very well but I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to be a pretentious, stuck-up rude snob and act like you are entitled to the pets. I can understand certain names being desirable/worth a lot and all, but you do not have to "deserve" a pet. IT IS TRADING, THERE IS NO "DESERVING" INVOLVED HERE. So STOP being so rude and selfish.

Sorry for ranting, but I LOATHE people who act like they are the lord of everything (I've had to deal with a few of these people). It ticks me off. You are not more special than anyone else, so don't be so stuck-up.

EDIT: Wow lol I think that was a bit of an over-reaction on my part, haha. xD

People can do whatever they like with their pets, really. People normally are trying to be nice when they adopt out pets with nice names rather than trying to trade them away- and they want to make sure the pet will be well taken care of when it is adopted.

If they overstepped the bounds of rudeness, feel free to report them for that, but what they're doing with their pets isn't against the rules, even if it seems stupid.

There's nothing to report. Basically what they are doing is trying to make sure the pet stays with the adopted owner instead of being re-traded.

To this user (and users who ask for appls), the more effort you put into your application, the more they are going to believe that you want to adopt the pet because you love the pet - not because you want to get a better pet with it.

This person isn't the first to have specific requirements in their apps and they won't be the last.

It's basically up to you in how you want to proceed, either by attempting to make an application or finding a different pet.

Hmm maybe you can report them for harassment?

There was a user named thescandale and they posted scandals about everyone and everything and gave guilds bad reviews.

So I reported them :)

And in a couple of days, all their petpages containing scandals were down

And victory was mine! :icecream:

No, it's not reportable because no rules are being broken. The only rules TNT have against asking for applications for pets up for adoption are: 1) They can't ask specifically for petpage applications and 2) they can't do "elimination rounds" where applicants have to send in multiple applications after each round to see who "wins"

I adopt out a lot of pets and I do ask for applications as well, mostly just information about the user and what they intend to do with the pet, and I just use my discretion to find out whether or not they'd be a good home for my pet - some people tend to go overboard and like to feel like they're in a position of power because they have such desirable pets/petnames. It's abhorrent, really, but not against the rules to be a knob.