• terror mountain
    • tryannia
    • Virutpets
    • not one from this bracket
  3. 3. what team are you joining

• Don't know yet
    • Not joining
    • not one from this bracket

As I was taking the quiz, I was like, this has nothing to do with the AC... and then I got my results:

Kiko Lake

For you, life is like a day at the beach. Playing in the water should be somewhere safe where you can have fun. You prefer a clam and friendly like over a roaring sea. Especially a lake so clear you can see the bottom of it and the wildlife there. This makes Kiko Lake the perfect place for you and you'll have lots on fun on their team.

Funnily enough, this matches desertfreak's recommendation to me.

The thing is, it seems to be matching you based on the personality of the land, but that doesn't necessarily match the character of the land's AC fans. Also, I picked Brightvale year 1 because they were known for their brains, but then as I read the AC team info, it turned out they were allegedly a bunch of cheaters/dirty players. I don't want to root for a team like that!

Anyway, I recommend reading the Neoboards or the team boards here (once they get going) and picking a fanbase that matches your style. Or pick one based on what you like about various Neopian lands (the quiz is perfect for that). Or pick the one you think is most likely to win -- but remember that a lot of people do that, and if they're not all willing to work hard, they often drag the team down (e.g., the "winner's curse"). TNT normalizes results so that team size doesn't matter, just average effort per member of that team. Of course, being on a big team can be fun, and if they all work hard, they can win.

Well so many people have joined DC and LD and probably because they're high-tier teams, but if you are just starting try to find the perfect team that you will be truly loyal and stay with forever by either going with your heart or going ahead with the result of a "Which Altador Cup Team is Right for You" quiz. Here I'll give you the URL and click it for the quiz if you're still looking for your Altador Cup dream team. Remember that the quiz results may not have the team you've already chosen as your result. For example, I've chosen HW for the last 4 years and it said I should be on LD.

http://www.sunnyneo.com/quizzes.php?quiz_id=3

I like the way you think. I went with LD since AC IV ( i started playing in AC III) the reason i stuck with them is because of my connection with them after doing good---ish in AC IV and my story about LD in AC III. I think if you have a connection with a team, win or lose you will stick with your team :)

EDIT: shenkuu is gaining members

101577.png

ld.jpg

I have played for Darigan every year of the cup ...though the first year I didn't get a trophy as I couldn't figure out how to actually win a game. :(

Not breaking with that tradition now, so Darigan it will be for this year as well.

I chose Lost Desert two years ago and realized I had also chosen it the year before when I got the re-sign bonus prize. My first year I signed up without really knowing what AC was and got distracted by life before really contributing much. Next yeah I ranked 10 and then last year I was an all star. I will stick with Lost Desert again, I like the team and trying to predict which team will be the winner for a team choice could do my head in if I even tried haha. I just want to get to all star again while I watch classic movies like last year : ) It made it less grueling.

I'll stick with my team, Tyrannia. This will be my 6th year with them. I know we are not a big team, but after so many years, I can't see myself joining any other team.

I think most of the people can relate to you, including me!

I chose Lost Desert two years ago and realized I had also chosen it the year before when I got the re-sign bonus prize. My first year I signed up without really knowing what AC was and got distracted by life before really contributing much. Next yeah I ranked 10 and then last year I was an all star. I will stick with Lost Desert again, I like the team and trying to predict which team will be the winner for a team choice could do my head in if I even tried haha. I just want to get to all star again while I watch classic movies like last year : ) It made it less grueling.

I like your story and its always nice to see a loyal player rejoin their team p.s. Go lost desert!

101577.png

ld.jpg

Faerieland will always be my number one choice. Gitter, sweat and faerie dust all the way.

So I just got this Neomail

Folder: Inbox

Subject: Stealth AC Invite

[Report Message]

Hi, congrats on your AC 7 performance. I'm Master, the deputy recruitment manager from Stealth AC Club. Our vision is to provide a platform for All Stars to be rewarded both intrinsically and extrinsically for their dedicated effort and be a club that embodies the spirit of valour, discipline and passion. This year, under the leadership of our new leader, Wang, we have once again helped Mystery Island to regain and surpass its former glory. We are looking for more like-minded individuals who are willing to pursue and achieve nearly impossible dreams. Let me know if you are interested to join us.

Totally weird ^^ but yeah, no thanks random person, I'm with DC all the way -_^

I was Shenkuu last year...and you know, I may join them again! I have not decided as of yet.

Can't believe AC VIII is almost here. Gonna give my all to DC. Best of luck to everyone... and to hoping TNT will fix the fail bracket system that happened last year :p

So. I was going to redeem my prizes from last year today (including staff tourney), thinking now would be safe before they erased the page for this year. Does the staff tourney page suddenly look blank to anyone else? http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/staff/

I thought I learned my lesson last year. :(

But that page should show a prize shop. With prizes. They "fixed" it to redirect elsewhere. The regular prize shop is still open -- it's not supposed to close until the 24th.

It's happening to me too with both the regular and Staff Tourney prize shops. I'm not sure whether or not this is a glitch or TNT closed them early on purpose.

It's happening to me too with both the regular and Staff Tourney prize shops. I'm not sure whether or not this is a glitch or TNT closed them early on purpose.

Man i still have points in the shop :l

EDIT: Just in case you haven't heard... Team trade confirmed from Moltara and Tyrannia

Harlis Neyhbol, Goalkeeper from tyrannia will be joining Moltara and in addition to this Mor Gollog is in Tyrannia.

and more shocking news i that found. Meridell has a new player. Replacing Gregorio Maille the green meerca (picture below.) the teams second Ixi

Images from Altador.com, Jellyneo and TDN

What do you think about these trades and changes?

ac8_tyrannia_01-150x150.png

ac8harlis-150x150.pngboa_gregorgiomaille.gif

400_meridell.gif

101577.png

ld.jpg

Sadly this is only my 4th cup :* acording to my UL anyway. But I made all-star last year and I plan to try again with my DC buddies -_^.