The Truce Has Ended!

hrtbrk

After much deliberation I joined the Order. After all, when I chose sides it was between them and the Sway. Can't wait to see where this leads. :P Puzzles perhaps? Did anyone think that just MAYBE there will be puzzles?!!!

Oh goodness, I didn't even consider that there might be the possibility of 2p battles. The pet I use for the bd is ill-suited for the task even in 1p battles. I can't even fathom how dreadful 2p battling would go. Especially since, like others were saying, I have no clue how they would even begin to make that fair for everyone. Investment in training versus items. And lab rats. There are simply too many variables...

Since Sway wasn't a choice, I went with Theives.

I wonder what prizes will be given out... if any.

Yay! News confirmed that we will be fighting for boons!

YAY, that Stock Market boon was quite lovely! ^_^

Definitely getting it if Theives win!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sounds like this will be a fairly straightforward battle round, with the winning faction receiving the option of selecting boons. I suppose it's possible there might be some other prizes, but I highly doubt the skirmishes will consist of anything but (probably a few days of) 1-player battling. From a programming perspective, 2-player would be a nightmare to track, I would think, not even to mention the outrage when players start throwing Poison Snowballs every battle to weed out the competition/inflate the cost of curing Hoochie Coochies. TNT would have had to put together a system of selecting pets with similar strengths to make it remotely fair, as well, which would still fail to account for differences in weapon sets and abilities.

My two big questions: Do we lose the regular challengers in the BD during these skirmishes, and will this all end come Altador Cup sign-ups?

Sounds like this will be a fairly straightforward battle round, with the winning faction receiving the option of selecting boons. I suppose it's possible there might be some other prizes, but I highly doubt the skirmishes will consist of anything but (probably a few days of) 1-player battling. From a programming perspective, 2-player would be a nightmare to track, I would think, not even to mention the outrage when players start throwing Poison Snowballs every battle to weed out the competition/inflate the cost of curing Hoochie Coochies. TNT would have had to put together a system of selecting pets with similar strengths to make it remotely fair, as well, which would still fail to account for differences in weapon sets and abilities.

My two big questions: Do we lose the regular challengers in the BD during these skirmishes, and will this all end come Altador Cup sign-ups?

we'll probably lose the regular challengers in the bd as we did in the first round. no idea about the second question though :o

Assuming it's not a 2p thing, I'm just wondering if the fights are going to go towards anything other than boons? Like, extra prize shop points or upgrading to a better trophy or something?

I went with the Order again but I'm not really sure how much I'll be participating - it'll depend on what I'm fighting for, I suppose.

Assuming it's not a 2p thing, I'm just wondering if the fights are going to go towards anything other than boons? Like, extra prize shop points or upgrading to a better trophy or something?

From the last Editorial: "The prize shop and your points are from the war and will not increase or vanish once the timer winds down." So, this event is entirely new, and won't influence points or trophies. Those are set. It's possible there will be other prizes than just the boons, though. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

Alright, I'm not sure I want to rejoin the Seekers. I joined them before the videos came out last time, and the video made them seem a little less altruistic. In addition, our thread here was less active than most of the others, and we were one of the last to kill our bosses, and some Seekers have said things like "I'm not sure how hard I'm going to work if there aren't puzzles."

Let's face it. I want a boon. And I'm going to battle as much as possible to help my faction get one. And I want to be on a team with others working just as hard, regardless of what we have to do or how grinding it is, with the fewest coattail riders (who think they can do little and win boons by picking the right faction and letting others do all the hard work -- which is a guarantee that their faction will lose -- just look at what happens to the previous year's AC winners each subsequent year).

So, Seekers, Order, Thieves, tell me why I should join (or stay on) your faction.

Alright, I'm not sure I want to rejoin the Seekers. I joined them before the videos came out last time, and the video made them seem a little less altruistic. In addition, our thread here was less active than most of the others, and we were one of the last to kill our bosses, and some Seekers have said things like "I'm not sure how hard I'm going to work if there aren't puzzles."

Let's face it. I want a boon. And I'm going to battle as much as possible to help my faction get one. And I want to be on a team with others working just as hard, regardless of what we have to do or how grinding it is, with the fewest coattail riders (who think they can do little and win boons by picking the right faction and letting others do all the hard work -- which is a guarantee that their faction will lose -- just look at what happens to the previous year's AC winners each subsequent year).

So, Seekers, Order, Thieves, tell me why I should join (or stay on) your faction.

So far the boons are not groundbreaking so I am not motivated by them. Although avatars and site theme are much more interesting to get.

I am simply sticking with Seekers to stay consistent. Not flip flopping here.

I guess everyone now will want a boon... so everyone will be working harder this time around :P

I don't exactly care about the boons because they all seemed pretty much meh when I looked at them. So if my dear Seekers end up winning this time around, I won't have any idea of which reward I should pick.

I have a huge amount of free time now, so I will do all I can to boost the team's effort nevertheless!

I joined The Sway and we won the war but even so I didn't do very much so I'm glad I have another chance but I'm torn between the Seekers and The Order of the Red Erisim. So I would like members of these factions to tell me why I should join their group. Also if you are in the Thieves Guild I would like to say that the Thieves Guild is like an extremely childish version of evil so I don't want to join unless there is a perfectly good reason why I should, so you people should try to convince me to join your faction.

Ugh the more I look at these three factions, the more I just want to play Sway again lol.

I did finally make my choice though. I was originally torn between Thieves (my very close second choice) and Seekers (nerdy and adorable), but then I decided to pick neither of them and go with the Order. Magic doesn't usually appeal to me (I have this bizarre hangup over magic being a lazy writer's gimmick), but then I rewatched all the videos and realized that the leader of the Order is actually pretty similar to the leader of the Sway. She has elegant dress sense and is an ego-tripping power maniac, and idk, something about crazy power-tripping ladies has always appealed to me. :P

Ultimately I just went with the team I wouldn't mind losing with. I figured if I lost as a Thief, I'd be upset about taking the obvious choice and going with who I thought would win instead of who I really wanted and would have fun with. And while Seekers is a fun choice, I'd rather feel part of a group I took more seriously.

Obviously not everyone will feel the same about the teams as I do, but I hope this helps someone else on the fence about their decision, in whatever strange way.

Excuse me for asking this, but what is a boon?

I have seen it been named a bunch and my bf says it means a buff..we don't have buffs in Neopets so now I'm confused. Is it the prizes at the end? Mehh

Check out the TDN Obelisk War prize guide - http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/prizes/ - and scroll down to "Additional Sway Perks."

Waedd is remaining with the Seekers, because..."War...war never changes." :P

As to the boons, I suppose you could call them "site buffs", since they give bonuses to stuff you do around the site, rather than in battle. Minor buffs of that sort have been around at least since the lutari talisman was introduced. The talisman buffs seem very minor--the only one I have personally sometimes adds a few bonus neopoints when I submit a Flash game score--but they definitely exist.

... so I have to re-choose a faction again?

I was with Sway the last time & now I have to join another faction to participate again?

/bafflement

... so I have to re-choose a faction again?

I was with Sway the last time & now I have to join another faction to participate again?

/bafflement

Yep!

It looks like this will be an ongoing thing, with three factions pitted against each other. We can sign up with a different team for each round, and battle it out in hopes of winning the boons. (And maybe avatars/site themes? No one knows about that yet)

Well...I just decided on the Seekers. I'm in my school library cramming for finals and I decided to take a break for a few minutes. I checked out the videos and the first line from the Seeker's video is "Quiet down everyone...I'm sure you're wondering why I've interrupted your studies". So I thought it was fate and that I should join them. It's too bad the Awakened aren't still in the running.

I'm so ready for the count down to end. I have no idea what to expect! :D Good luck everyone.