Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream!

tinyplasticdinos

With spring upon us and summer (hopefully) on it's heels here in the United States, I've been getting more and more excited about the prospect of ice cream! Of course, winter didn't deter me from eating it but now that it's getting warmer it seems more acceptable to have a few pints of B&Js in my freezer.

Currently I am in love with "Chunky Monkey". It's one of their older flavors but I just got around to trying it a few weeks back and I can't get enough! The ice cream is banana flavored and to die for. I've always been a fan of actual bananas, food featuring bananas (bread, splits, pie), and of course banana laffy taffy, so it's totally up my alley and I didn't even know it!

What about you? What is your favorite flavor and why?
Also, Feel free to discuss why you don't like flavors too, I'm always interested to hear about the flip side as well. Not a fan of nuts? Maybe cookie dough chunks aren't you're thing? discuss!

Oh, yeah B&J's.

We don't have as many flavours in the UK as you guys do but I think I've sampled every one we have for offer.. My favourites are Core Doughble-Whammy and Cookie Dough although Blondie Brownie isn't far behind. For some reason I don't like too much chocolate ice cream which means I don't enjoy Phish Food or Chocolate Fudge Brownie (I'm sorry!!)

It is my dream to go to the US to try all your Ben and Jerry's. Oatmeal Cookie Chunk? Cake Batter? Oh sweet lord.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Oh, yeah B&J's.

We don't have as many flavours in the UK as you guys do but I think I've sampled every one we have for offer.. My favourites are Core Doughble-Whammy and Cookie Dough although Blondie Brownie isn't far behind. For some reason I don't like too much chocolate ice cream which means I don't enjoy Phish Food or Chocolate Fudge Brownie (I'm sorry!!)

It is my dream to go to the US to try all your Ben and Jerry's. Oatmeal Cookie Chunk? Cake Batter? Oh sweet lord.

I am always curious about brand availability in other countries, and I went and looked at the list of their UK flavors. You have a lot of great ones available to you but there are quite a few that you don't have that I want to say 'OH MY GOSH HOW DO YOU SURVIVE?' about.

If you're going to come here and sample flavors you have to go all out and go to a B&J store so you can try all of the great ones. I definitely recommend Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, Americone Dream, Peach Cobbler, and Red Velvet Cake. They're all worth getting a scoop of. There is a funky one called "Late Night Snack" with potato chips in it that you must try a bite of at least once in your life. I wouldn't be able to eat a whole serving of it but a bite was definitely an experience.

Chunky Monkey has huge pieces of chocolate in it so you probably wouldn't dig it:(

I don't buy ice cream for my freezer because my willpower is lacking, so I only get it on free cone day -- except the only B&J's in my metro area of 5 million people closed a couple of years ago. :(

I remember the last time I went, I got some sort of ridiculously yummy chocolate with more chocolate, and more chocolate on top (it was light or frozen yogurt, even). My fave in college was New York Super Fudge Chunk, though I'd usually get low-fat brownie-something instead. I wish they had some kind of chocolate-peanut-butter combo (instead of the vanilla-based pb ones they have) or chocolate-strawberry. I'm just not a fan of vanilla ice cream, unless it's on top of my mom's warm apple pie. If I'm going to have ice cream, it needs chocolate, and lots of it.

Ah, how I miss B&J's. And slurpees. Seriously, Atlanta, how can you not have B&J's *or* slurpees?!?

I'm just not a fan of vanilla ice cream, unless it's on top of my mom's warm apple pie.

For a little while I went through a vanilla-only stage (normal, not french), but now I have reverted back to being "normal" and I feel the same way. Vanilla is meant to go with pie, and warm apple pie sounds perfect :)

Seriously, Atlanta, how can you not have B&J's *or* slurpees?!?

No slurpees either? Man, what do you do with yourself on a hot day?!

My favourite flavour has always been Sweet Cream and Cookies - being 11 Australian dollars a pint I'm lucky to get one every few months or so. My other favourite is also Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! :wub_anim:

I've tried Chunky Monkey before but it didn't really appeal to me, the banana taste wasn't too different from a banana paddlepop that I can go to the shops and buy for $1.30. xD

My favourite flavour has always been Sweet Cream and Cookies - being 11 Australian dollars a pint I'm lucky to get one every few months or so. My other favourite is also Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! :wub_anim:

I've tried Chunky Monkey before but it didn't really appeal to me, the banana taste wasn't too different from a banana paddlepop that I can go to the shops and buy for $1.30. xD

11 dollars? Oh wow! The grocery store near our loft usually has a promotion that's 2 for $8 USD so I don't feel as bad, especially since I am not the only one who eats out of them.

We don't have the paddlepop brand in the United States, but we have similar items. You can usually get a bag of a mixed two dozen Popsicles (cherry, grape, rootbeer, banana) less than $10 USD in the frozen section. They were the sort of treat that parents would bring in during the spring in elementary school. Cheap, delicious treats!

I also don't know that I've had the sweet cream and cookies flavor! I went through a cookies and cream phase in high school so I can definitely appreciate chocolate chip cookie dough.

/grin

Love me some Ben & Jerry's. Lucky enough to have a Scoop Shop just 5 mins up the road. Lately I've been getting 'in person' scoops of Bonnaroo Buzz and/or What a Cluster in a waffle cone.

My favorite 'from the pint' flavors are Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and Chubby Hubby.

I tend to like some 'salty' with my 'sweet' when I am gettin' a munchies fix.

Good to see ya here, Lou...and nice touch on the e.e. cummings quote in your siggy. :D

***just noticed that Jordan commented above. /waves to Jordan :P

/grin

Love me some Ben & Jerry's. Lucky enough to have a Scoop Shop just 5 mins up the road. Lately I've been getting 'in person' scoops of Bonnaroo Buzz and/or What a Cluster in a waffle cone.

My favorite 'from the pint' flavors are Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and Chubby Hubby.

I tend to like some 'salty' with my 'sweet' when I am gettin' a munchies fix.

Good to see ya here, Lou...and nice touch on the e.e. cummings quote in your siggy. :D

***just noticed that Jordan commented above. /waves to Jordan :P

Hello to you, sir! This thread is just turning into a Vaultie gathering!

I haven't had Bonnaroo Buzz! Judging by the description on B&Js it sounds like it would be super tasty. If you like the sweet and salty you should also check out "Late Night Snack". I talked about it in an earlier post. It's a bizarre and unique flavor for Jimmy Fallon, and worth a taste!

11 dollars? Oh wow! The grocery store near our loft usually has a promotion that's 2 for $8 USD so I don't feel as bad, especially since I am not the only one who eats out of them.

We don't have the paddlepop brand in the United States, but we have similar items. You can usually get a bag of a mixed two dozen Popsicles (cherry, grape, rootbeer, banana) less than $10 USD in the frozen section. They were the sort of treat that parents would bring in during the spring in elementary school. Cheap, delicious treats!

I also don't know that I've had the sweet cream and cookies flavor! I went through a cookies and cream phase in high school so I can definitely appreciate chocolate chip cookie dough.

I can't even believe you can buy TWO pints let alone one for 8 dollars. xD That's so great, and please do try cookies and cream! ^_^

My favourite is the If I Had 1,000,000 Flavours type (based on the Barenaked Ladies song)! So yummy!

!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that flavor existed! And my whole family are all huge BNL fans ('Gordon' was a huge part of my formative years).

I am going to have to find out what I can do to get it, even if it means driving to Canada!

!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that flavor existed! And my whole family are all huge BNL fans ('Gordon' was a huge part of my formative years).

I am going to have to find out what I can do to get it, even if it means driving to Canada!

Haha yes it is in Canada only, as far as I know. It's a combination of a bunch of different flavours - it has brownies, chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter cups, etc. Oms!

And, Gordon is the bomb. I love all their stuff really, but that is still one of their best albums. I saw BNL live when I was a kid, but I didn't totally appreciate it and wish I could see them again all together now that I'm older.

I've been craving ice cream so badly lately that I'm swooning over this post! I am in an ice cream state of emergency. With Ben & Jerry's, my favorite will always be Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Also, can we talk about how crazy B&J's Liz Lemon flavor is? I'm sure it's tasty but Liz wouldn't eat that if her life depended on it! They should have gone with something like "Night Cheese(cake)." Oh, the abandoned possibilities!

Mmmmmm, ice cream! Had an excuse to eat some a few weeks ago, forgot how tasty it was!

All-time favorite: this tasty olive oil with chocolate chip flakes one that a local creamery makes. Dont bash it until youve tried it, its life-changingly good.

Not bad (by B&J) is the Phish food one. So many tasty things in one little pint!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just bought a pint of Phish Food last night! It is an old favorite and I am reminded why every time I eat it. It's perfect :)

Yes! My first ever fave was Phish Food, the smiling chocolate fishes are sooo adorable! I tried Triple Caramel Chunk on Free Cone Day and it became my fave. Right now, Cherry Garcia has got my vote :)

Yes! My first ever fave was Phish Food, the smiling chocolate fishes are sooo adorable! I tried Triple Caramel Chunk on Free Cone Day and it became my fave. Right now, Cherry Garcia has got my vote :)

I have never tried triple caramel chunk! I will have to put that on my list of summer ice cream flavors :)

And Cherry Garcia is SO YUMMY. I haven't had ice cream for a while and I am thinking I'm going to have to pick up a pint when I go grocery shopping today!

I love ben and jerry's ice cream! Half baked is my favorite! I also really like chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate fudge brownie and mint chocolate cookie. I'm not a big fan of the peanut butter cup flavor. I thought I would love it because I love reese's but it just didn't taste great to me.

I love ben and jerry's ice cream! Half baked is my favorite! I also really like chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate fudge brownie and mint chocolate cookie. I'm not a big fan of the peanut butter cup flavor. I thought I would love it because I love reese's but it just didn't taste great to me.

Mint Chocolate Cookie is my mom's favorite! All things mint, really. I bought her a case of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies for her birthday one year and it was the best present she got :P

I think peanut butter things are completely hit or miss, especially when you get into fancy desserts and such. There was actually a brand of candy-flavored ice cream around for a while (not BJ, just it's own thing) with things like Reese's, Almond Joy, etc but I don't know if it still exists. That peanut butter one was amazing.

I'm also seeing a theme with the cookie/brownie flavors in your faves ;) Good choices.

I love those mint girl scout cookies as well!

I think I know what you're talking about! If we're thinking of the same thing I still get it sometimes. It's by Bryers and it's called Blasts! They have tons of different flavors with reeses, m&ms, snickers, oreos and even a thin mint girl scout cookie one your mom would probably love!