A virus keeps resetting my internet connection.

And it is affecting ALL my browsers. While I will go through a period where it won't keep resetting, it suddenly switches to resetting my connection every few minutes or worse, seconds, and being unable to load any pages. I ran into this issue on deviantART earlier today, and again when feeding my side account Neopets at the Soup Kitchen. This HAS to be a virus of some sort.

Why does my connection keep resetting and interrupting and cutting off the loading of pages? What kind of virus is this and what do I need to do to get rid of it?

P.S: This has occurred since I updated and relaunched Google Chrome, and not even clearing my cache helped.

You can call your Internet provider and and ask them for help too. They might have ideas of what could cause that, and it could have been a problem on their part too.

Like mentioned above it doesn't sound like a virus. You still would want to rule it out though, so do a virus scan or two. As it doesn't seem like it's happening more than just today it's most likely a connection issue.

The suggestions above are on point. Check your router and make sure if you're wired; that nothing is loose, as it could just be a cable or actual router issue that is causing the hiccup. If you're wireless, it could just be the signal.

Also could be an ISP issue on their end, so giving them a call could help. They could also give suggestions as xepha said.

• 1 month later...

Yes, In Internet some virus is there whose installed with the file and changed the browser setting also effect on the computer setting. One of the example is a Babylon search tool bar. When you install the online dictionary the Babylon search tool bar automatically in your browser and changed the setting of your browser and it is not easily removed. For preventing from these viruses you need to use a good full version antivirus.

• 9 months later...

Sounds like a bad modem but if you think it's a virus
first run 'rkill' you can download it free. it stops any exe's that could be causing issues
so you can remove them.
then run your regular virus/anti-spyware programs. also try 'jrt' - also free.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump old topics that are no longer relevant.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.