April Fools Avatar?

D305

TDN's avatar list says

Visit the New Features external_link.gif page on April 1st/2nd after the yearly joke is taken down.

Other sites say wait until the 4th. And others say its given out on the 1st..

Anyone know how this actually works? Has it been given out already and have I missed it?

Or has it been retired or something?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The April Fool's Avatar is currently available. The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

They normally don't release it till the 4th if I remember correctly from past years. I just back to check and these were the dates based on the news in the past couple of years:

April 3rd

April 5th

Regardless you'll be able to know when the avatar is available because TNT will mention something about the joke in the news. Just like they have in the past years. If you want to see what I mean here are some of the news archives from when you could get the avatar:

http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2012-04-02 (April 3rd news)

http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2011-04-04 (April 5th news)

I hope this helps with any confusion you might have about the avatar.

I didn't see an April Fools joke from TNT this year. Maybe the avatar can't be obtained this year because there was no joke. I hope not, for your sake, though!

@cupoffruit - Thanks for the links. Now I know what I'm looking for on the news pages. (I also got a lab map piece from a RE when clicking the first link..)

@lamppost - The joke this year included the 'new merchandise' among other things in the news seciton.

We get to keep the bows from my understanding, but it's a joke in the sense that they made us think that the bow was our monthly collectible. According to what I read on the Charter board and going off the fact that the image code has aprils fool in the name I'm sure that we'll be our actual monthly collectible like usual on the 15th of April.

https://images.neopets.com/items/mall_acc_aprilfoolsbow.gif

@lamppost - The joke this year included the 'new merchandise' among other things in the news seciton.

Oh! I guess they got me, because I thought that was real. Odd, but real. :eh:

@cupoffruit - I think the bow is the actual collectible for the month, but the prank was how they hyped it up making it sound like such an amazing item, yet it was just a bow..

@lamppost - I also thought the merchandise was real, was hoping to see some plushies and stuff, but as I kept reading through the merchandise I figured it was just a joke ;x

Yeah I just logged on this morning & got it as well. I think the solution should be changed, because it's clearly not attainable on the 1st or 2nd.