Shroud, Float or Burrow?

Which of these abilities is best in your opinion?

This review has this to say:

Level 100
thumb_23.pngShroud: Not currently working correctly - Confirmed by TNT. Will update ASAP.

Cost: 6 earthe.png, 6 fireb.png & 8 darknessj.png

thumb_24.pngFloat: Not currently working correctly - Confirmed by TNT. Will update ASAP. (OPB)
Increase your resistance to light, water, and air.

Cost: 6 airj.png, 6 waterw.png & 8 lightmg.png

thumb_25.pngBurrow: Not currently working correctly - Confirmed by TNT. Will update ASAP (OPB).
Hide from your opponent safely underground.

Special Notes: Continuous testing is being done (and has been) - It is very inconsistant but it does appear to be blocking 100% of certain icons. We are just unsure on what terms it blocks (due to the inconsistency of it).
Cost: 8 earthe.png, 6 lightmg.png & 6 darknessj.png

But what is your experience with these abilities?

Shroud appears to block 2 icons, and after a few dozen battles I decided it wasn't working OR they'd mixed what you should get with Shroud with Shade. Shade is way too powerful for its level.

As far as awaiting the "battledome team" to figure out what ability to suggest. I would always caution against blindly acceptance of any so called expert's opinion. There is nothing wrong in making your own analysis. I find many of the recommendation of the so called experts to be suspect at best.

-Colonel-

I think she means TDN's own battledome team.

Of which I am a member. Precisely.

As far as awaiting the "battledome team" to figure out what ability to suggest. I would always caution against blindly acceptance of any so called expert's opinion. There is nothing wrong in making your own analysis. I find many of the recommendation of the so called experts to be suspect at best.

-Colonel-

I didn't mean to just listen to what an "expert" says. I meant make an educated decision based on what the abilities actually do, not what they seem to do while they're not working.

I don't see any reason to either test the abilities or spend precious NP on them while they're not working. That's the advice I would give (and did give) to anyone who is considering investing in one of these abilities: wait until they're working, then we'll talk.

Of which I am a member. Precisely.

I didn't mean to just listen to what an "expert" says. I meant make an educated decision based on what the abilities actually do, not what they seem to do while they're not working.

I don't see any reason to either test the abilities or spend precious NP on them while they're not working. That's the advice I would give (and did give) to anyone who is considering investing in one of these abilities: wait until they're working, then we'll talk.

Really, sounds like the phrase " and then the Battlepedia team will figure out what they do" is rather passive to me. As far as investing, as shroud does not use light bottled fae, and it is now and likely to be in the future cost effective to buy shroud before using the half

price conversion to burrow.

Nor was my advice directly pointed at you, but more as a general advice towards experts in general. The Creator knows that if I'd not have listen to medical experts, I might not be dying now. I have seen way too many experts in this world with the sole qualification of being the one able to yell the loudest and lacking the grace to be cautious with their own opinion.

When will we know when TNT has fixed them, if no one is actively trying them? Are we expecting TNT to tell specific users? Or are there people who already have one or the other who are testing them on a regular basis? I actually bought one in the war (not burrow, but I forget which one -- whichever it was, it was blocking a decent amount of icons and was much better than shade), but it got erased and my blessings returned to me in the hiccup.

Like Lamppost, I haven't tried those abilities either. I am also waiting for them to be working properly.

I was thinking about getting Shroud, as it's supposed to block some fire, and having a peophin, he's got a weakness to fire. But I remember how AWESOME Burrow was in the previous ability line-up. So I'm waiting because I feel that it's pointless to spend blessings if I don't like the ability and have to pay to switch them later. ;)

I don't know if TNT will specify when those abilities are working properly, or if it will take users messaging them about it before someone finally gets an answer. _mariokart_ seemed to have been working on that. I NM'd him recently to see if he's heard anything more about those abilities, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Hopefully TNT will fix it soon!

I've noticed that my peophin is still weak against fire, even if it's getting hit by the Lava Ghoul on the Wheel of Excitement, though oddly enough, not the fireballs from the Wheel of Mediocrity. lol But during the last war I noticed he was getting some more damage from fire too.

Based on those experiences I'd say the weaknesses, and probably the resistences too, are still in play.

Actually, I rely quite heavily on guides and seasoned players in terms of advice, and I'm quite new to the BD so that's why I was asking everyone in general :)

and having a peophin, he's got a weakness to fire.

I was wondering about how the new BD affected particular species. I have a Uni (not that I took it into consideration when I made him!) but I have yet to figure out how to take advantage of his abilities

Well, perhaps when there is more finality to the new BD we'll see things like species abilities, battle stances and such restored with a better understanding.

I didn't take battling into account when I signed up and made my pet. I chose the peophin because other than possibly a Draik, it was the only pet at the time I really considered. The others didn't interest me. lol