Did anyone else notice...

Dcoolb

That there is no Neopets prank this year? No new disease, no "new pet", nothing. I went to go get the avatar, and realized that TNT hasn't done anything yet to enable it...

They should have released an epic fake prize shop or "opened" the obelisk to reveal something really lame. Something ... better. Some of the captions were clever (and the foods disgustingly realistic), but it was like seeing a mass release of future caption contests. Where's the panic? Where's the interactivity they incorporated a few years ago?

I agree that the prank is really small this year. I've had a busy life and had a short break from Neopets but I came back just to see what they cooked up (okay, and for the avatar) and was a bit disappointed especially since I had to search far and wide to actually find the prank. That said, I would completely buy their "merchandise" if they actually put some out. The Esophagor trash can is a cute idea.

Concidering the jiant prank last year, and all the stuff going on maybe they just wanted to do something small this time O.o not everything has to be DOOOM

Yeah, the DOOOOOOM pranks makes me a bit afraid of going on Neo during April 1st....so I'm kinda glad it's small. I still can't get over the plague from 2011 - that was just mean.

I'd like it if Neo really did release merch again.....I miss the plushies.

Also...I was surprised the monthly Premium collectible was NOT a prank! It showed up in my Inventory and everything O_O