What's your worst Neoquest horror story

el_blubo

Yesterday I was fighting Gors. I was at a higher level than the guide I'm using suggested. He hit me with a poisoned blast, then a 2 round stun, then another 2 round stun. So I was knocked out for four rounds. He kept hitting me, and the poison drained away my health.

Now I have to go back through the whole maze. :sad02:

I was playing on evil and was ~90% of the way done, then I started grad school. Came back to it about a year later to discover that games get wiped after a year of inactivity. I definitely learned that lesson the hard way!

I had that wipe story happen as well :( Fortunately, I was playing on the lowest difficulty and only got halfway through. When I discovered what had happened, I didn't touch the game for years afterward since I was so ticked off. Eventually managed to go back and start again (and eventually finish for a bronze trophy!), but it was really disheartening that it got wiped. Siniri, I'm not sure what I would've done if what happened to you had happened to me >_< Did you ever play again to beat that difficulty?

A few weeks ago, Neopets had a bit of a hiccup when I was fighting easy enemy and it randomly just killed me even though I had plenty of life left. It was right as everyone was trying to get their battledome trophies, but I had no idea what was going on until a few hours later.

I had that wipe story happen as well :( Fortunately, I was playing on the lowest difficulty and only got halfway through. When I discovered what had happened, I didn't touch the game for years afterward since I was so ticked off. Eventually managed to go back and start again (and eventually finish for a bronze trophy!), but it was really disheartening that it got wiped. Siniri, I'm not sure what I would've done if what happened to you had happened to me >_< Did you ever play again to beat that difficulty?

I did start again after a year or two, for the avatar(s?) I had missed, but with my now-active pet (the other one had an at-the-time very expensive paint job -- for me, anyway -- and I didn't want to spend so many clicks with her active), on normal. And I only played up to wherever the avatar was... but now I make sure to log into NQ and NQII on my birthday and around New Year's. I finally finished that game a few weeks ago* -- it was active for probably 4 or 5 years! I should play it again on evil and insane before I paint my current active pet (my battle pet whom I lab to help her train faster; once she reaches the max boosts, I'll stop labbing -- she's got at least a year or two left, I think, though I should do that math).

*Funny story: the end page with the video glitched on me, so I refreshed it, and it took me back to the empty fortress with no enemies. I couldn't leave the Two Rings and I thought my game was stuck forever, and I didn't want to have to play normal again. I even sent in a bug report and was told there was nothing TNT could do. Then I found a FAQ on IDNQ that told me all I had to do was click the "options" button. Phew! It was gut-wrenching until I found the solution. I would have probably never played again if I had really had to start over on Normal again.

I was playing on evil and was ~90% of the way done, then I started grad school. Came back to it about a year later to discover that games get wiped after a year of inactivity. I definitely learned that lesson the hard way!

Oh no! I had no idea games get wiped! *goes to play NQ right now*

I've had a couple times where I was fighting the Elemental Golems in NQI on Insane and lost. :( Currently I'm just about ready to take on Jabhal on Insane, and I'm scared to do it because I don't want to lose and have to do everything again.

Edit: Phew! My game is still there! I'm Level 48...

Edited by Lamppost

To me, playing neoquest is a horror story in and of itself. The neopets server is the toughest opponent.

Ugh, am I ever with you on that one. >.<

I didn't have too many issues while playing it, aside from you know... playing it.

I started doing the refresh thing in NQI to get through battles, which meant that I lost sometimes. XD That was about the worst of it though.