Level 50 Faerie Abilities?

I love Shhhhh. I got it because I cashed in my random bottles and had more earth faeries than air (I was going to use the trick to get a discount on lens flare), but then I started using it and really liked it. I think it depends on your battle strategy and relative boosts.

In my case, as long as I can get my hits in, I can kill them handily in two rounds (three if they use a JS), and I've got pretty high HP and I'm not too worried about dying. So I just want to end the battle as soon as possible, plus I already have a freezer. I can use Shh and turn off their Lens Flare/Warlock Gaze for a round, ensuring my hits go through and ending the battle a round sooner. If I had a bomb, I'd be even more inclined to lean towards Shhh, because you could use a freezer round 1 (or 2 or 3... whenever they let you use your weapons), then use Shhh + bombs to decimate them round 2 in a 100% guaranteed attack (they can't use an ability or any weapons to block).

Lens Flare will stop you from getting hurt for a round, which is useful if you've got low HP. But it doesn't stop them from using it on you, so they could just cancel each other out -- but they get to use it again, and you don't. At least with Shhh, you can guarantee an attack for that round (unless they use a TT, of course, but I don't think they all have TTs).

I think earth faeries are still cheaper than light, so you could get Shhh, try it out, then "upgrade" to Lens Flare if you think you'll prefer it. It'd probably be a bit more expensive than going from Throw Pillows to Lens Flare (which is the cheapest way to get Lens Flare b/c it becomes half-price once you have one of the other two), but Throw Pillows is worthless, whereas you might decide to stick to Shhh and not have to pay for Lens Flare (the light faeries are much more expensive than the others; they'll probably go down after the war).

Aw man, getting Shhhh is a good idea, seeing how they can lens flare/warlock's rage/throw pillows MULTIPLE times during a battle. Too bad I've been saving up air faeries and light faeries. I'm still training to get my pet to level 50.

Anyone know if TNT is allowing all the 1P battle opponents to use these abilities multiple times, or if this is just a glitch for the war? I was thinking of getting lens flare because it works the same as a freezer and I don't have one, but if opponents can just freeze you too... and multiple times too, I should probably invest in Shhhh instead of Lens Flare, and just buy RFFR when the war and inflation is over.

According to what someone posted the other day, the opponents play under a different set of rules and it is up to us, the players, to find a way to beat them with what we've got. that's the short version of what was posted. Makes sense, since in the OLD BD, you'd see opponents using full healers or blockers more than once. I am guessing that this leaves the "luck factor" in play, you're either lucky, or you're not. ;)

Shhhhhh... might be useful, but honestly, I've had better luck with Lens Flare. I got Throw pillows first, because then Lens Flare's price got cut in half. And Air Faeries are SO much cheaper than Light Faeries. I recommend Lens Flare ALSO because if you get frozen, you can use Lens Flare while Frozen to stop them from using their weapons that round. Unless TNT decides to change that. Same goes true for the opponents though. So it's not a guarentee that you'll hit them while they are frozen.

When you get to 200 and can access that ability tier, get Warlocks Rage, it's basically another Lens Flare, so you can basically use the same kind of trick, twice. :D

Hope this helps!

I personally really like Lens Flare. It works like a freezer on the first round. Even though Shhhhh can nullify their abilities, they can still hit you and hit hard during that round, unlike with Lens Flare. Plus, I read somewhere that TNT fixed the multiple-use glitch, so if they use it and the two Lens Flares cancel, they can't use it again either and you've lost nothing.

Thanks guys!^_^ I'm going to go with Lens Flare, because I don't have a freezer, and I do think they fixed that multiple-use crap, and as lamppost said, Shhhh.... just freezes their abilities, and whatnot. I'm actually going to have to buy faeries, for once instead of winning every single one I use, though.xP Still, thanks for the input.^_^

Well, if it was indeed a glitch, then I'm going for Lens Flare as well.

Edit: Don't think TNT fixed it if it's a glitch. They're still using Lens Flare multiple times per battle. Either way, makes sense to get Lens Flare, since Shhhh only works if you're lucky to use it on the same turn they use Lens Flare or equivalent.

Got my first draw of this event against Kanrik :O

Stole my healer and used multiple Lens Flare... had 224 HP left versus 450 (no reduction). Took him down with 544 damages (at least...) but he did 225 damages. TNT still has something to do about it...

Worst Luck ever XD

Got my first draw of this event against Kanrik :O

Stole my healer and used multiple Lens Flare... had 224 HP left versus 450 (no reduction). Took him down with 544 damages (at least...) but he did 225 damages. TNT still has something to do about it...

Worst Luck ever XD

I got my first loss (besides the one on purpose for the achievement), also against Kanrik. Same kind of situation. He used Tempest/Lens Flare every turn and I never got to hit him.

Lens flare is probably one of the best bang for your buck things you can by for the Battledome these days. With the price drop maybe lesser healing scroll is comparably well priced, but whatever.

If you have lens flare and a 100% freezer, you essentially get two free turns the first turn (unless they use an ability back). That's a huge advantage and enough to knock many of these opponents out. It also guarantees you a round where you can use your bomb and have the whole thing get through. If you get to a high level and throw Warlock's Rage in on top, boom, you have three straight free rounds, and I doubt many enemies can stand three straight rounds against a pet trained to level 200.

I'm sure Shhhh is nice, espcially when the 1p guys "cheat," but there really is nothing like 2-3 free rounds.

R