Not sure what i should do...

I would like to prepare myself for the next wave, but I feel like my options are very limited because my pet is a lab rat with hp/str/def of 335/154/45 and level 29 only. And I only have 3mil to spend.

The constants I'm using are Wand of Reality and Scroll of Knowledge, so I can deal 81 damage max, with Static Cling. I COULD spend 2mil on the DSPBB and deal 9 more damage points, but not sure if that is worth it or not.

I was also thinking of training my pet to level 50 so I can get lens flare. But I plan on zapping my pet in the long run, so I'm not sure if that will end up being counter-productive. Either that, or I was thinking of buying the highly-inflated RFFR... I'm pretty sure a freezer of some sort will be super helpful for my pet. I'm holding out with 335 HP this wave, but not so sure about next wave. I do have a GHS in my set though.

In short, should I:

a) Upgrade weapons

b) Train

c) Not do anything...

d) Other suggestions?

Gee, that's a tough one. i don't have labbing experience, but I did read an article a few years ago about the results. You'll gain more HP and Strength, but you sacrifice levels and defense, was the basics of what it said.

I would suggest you look for full element blocking shields, or the 50% reflectors, or do some combination to make up for you smaller amount of defense. Such as Hanso Charisma Charm for dark, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise for Light. At the very least the Parasol should be useful for a reasonable price. Flaming Oven Gloves block 5 fire and 2 light. Fire and air are difficult to block currently unless you have say, a Shield of Faerieland.

50% Reflectors I'd recommend you look into would be.

Turbo Flame Reflector (Fire)

Super U-Bend (Water)

Shovel Plus (Earth)

Double Dryer (Air)

Ultra Dark Reflectorb (Dark) (IF you don't have Hanso Charisma Charm)

They will ALL eventually break and need to be bought again. For Light, I'd recommend buying an Expert Lens from the Shop wiz, they are INSANELY cheap for rflecting 50% light, and most likely won't break.

Ultra dark reflectorb is SUPER cheap. I don't know why, but it is.

Hope this helps, and at least gives you a place to start looking.

With a lab rat, I find my best strategy is to hit my opponents really hard so they don't have a chance to hit me too much. Since I have high HP, I can afford to take some hits, but it's not too bad. You look like you're on track for that.

My suggestion is to train.

I've found the best way to increase my stats is item training. I always dismissed it until I was thinking about buying a Ghostkerbomb, and someone on these forums pointed out to me that I could do more damage with a Prickly Potion because my strength was so low. Since then, I've placed more emphasis on increasing my stats, and because of the large investment to increase level, it was more cost-effective for me to item train. I suggest you calculate out how much it would cost you to train at the schools versus item training, then pick one and use it. It may be daunting, but it's worth it. A pet with 450 strength can do more damage with a Scarab Ring than a pet with a Kelpbeards Trident and 154 strength.

Unless you want to spend the 8m or so to drastically upgrade to KBT or anagram swords, your constants are pretty much the best you can do. You're right about the DSPBB; I think it's not worth it for you.

The other thing you could do is look into Prickly Potion and the like. They're really useful for lab rats because they use the opponents' strength boost to do damage, but the lab rats tend to have enough HP to absorb any damage from icons of different types. However, I heard it's not working right in the Battledome beta, so you might want to find out more about that before you buy it.

Do both. I zap my pet and train, and her stats are:

Lvl : 307
Str : 604
Def : 605
Hp : 614 / 614

I very rarely train HP, and I try to keep strength and defense even (only training level to keep it above 1/2 my max); sometimes I'll stop training for a few days so I don't jump to the next training level before everything's ready. Even if you want to be offense-only, it might be worth training level to half HP just so you can train strength. In addition to training level, you could buy Terror Trove scratchcards and scratch 5/day (they'll on average pay for themselves), play Deadly Dice following a guide (get a few ties, then win, and you can jump several levels in one night), and/or do kitchen quests (which have never ever gone to my battle pet, out of the 30+ stats I've gained, but apparently I'm super unlucky).

I think Aquamentis's suggestions are spot-on regarding weapons, and you'd be able to afford to train, buy lens flare, and buy several of those weapons. You could also consider the ability Shade, which defends 3 random icons based on your opponent's defense (and costs a whopping 2 dark blessings), or Icicle (10 waters, does 6 extra icons/turn). Or you could get some thick smoke bombs (1-use, blocks all damage) if you think you'll only need to use them for a few key battles. And/or get a few muffins (the 15-icon ones were 800-1k when I checked a few hours ago). You might find one of the opponents easier to beat than the others, so you might only need the 1-use items for specific faction challenges or the achievements.