Question on Packrat

General Technology

Hey guys.

Is it alright to ask for donations for packrat here and on Neo? Because I was looking to ask for junk drops on some trades :/

Can anyone help me on this?

People do it, you just need to word it properly. Like if you put up a trade of a single junk item, you could put in the wishlist "Other junk. Going for packrat."

On the other hand, saying something like "please give me items for packrat" could be construed as begging.

Usually if you're flicking through the 20 most recent trades, quite a lot of junk trades pop up. Usually offering a single junk item and 10-20 np wins you the lot, as people are trying to get rid of the stuff, or at least cut down on the amount of junk they have. Speaking from experience, the WORST thing you can offer on a junk trade is multiple junk items (unless the wishlist specifically asks for this). If I'm putting up 10 junk items, I want to get rid of them, not get six or seven back in the trade xD

It can't hurt to put in your lookup something like "Going for packrat, feel free to offer junk on trades." Even in your shop lookup. As long as it doesn't sound like begging, you're fine.

I used to go through my SDB and clean out some of the "junk," putting 10 different items in trade lots, and then advertising them on the trading boards. I didn't care if people offered me a single scrawnyfish (though 1-10NP was fine, too), just so I could get rid of them. I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone else, so you may want to check the boards for packrat trade advertisements.

People do it, you just need to word it properly. Like if you put up a trade of a single junk item, you could put in the wishlist "Other junk. Going for packrat."

On the other hand, saying something like "please give me items for packrat" could be construed as begging.

Usually if you're flicking through the 20 most recent trades, quite a lot of junk trades pop up. Usually offering a single junk item and 10-20 np wins you the lot, as people are trying to get rid of the stuff, or at least cut down on the amount of junk they have. Speaking from experience, the WORST thing you can offer on a junk trade is multiple junk items (unless the wishlist specifically asks for this). If I'm putting up 10 junk items, I want to get rid of them, not get six or seven back in the trade xD

It can't hurt to put in your lookup something like "Going for packrat, feel free to offer junk on trades." Even in your shop lookup. As long as it doesn't sound like begging, you're fine.

I used to go through my SDB and clean out some of the "junk," putting 10 different items in trade lots, and then advertising them on the trading boards. I didn't care if people offered me a single scrawnyfish (though 1-10NP was fine, too), just so I could get rid of them. I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone else, so you may want to check the boards for packrat trade advertisements.

Thanks for the advice! I got warned a few ago because I apparently didn't word properly :/ So that's gonna help :D

I just got my packrat avatar and desperately need to clear some junk out of my SDB...you can have some if you want!

NICCEEE!!! Thanks :D Set up the trades and I'll offer! :D