suggestions for faerie abilities

Are their any faerie ability pages with reviews of which is best to get and what not to bother with?

My battle pet is an elephante.

Weapons

Ylanas Blaster

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Downsize!

Elephante Unguent

Heavy Robe of Thievery

Hanso Charisma Charm

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith

Sophies Magic Hat or Patched Magic Hat

I am at levels

Hit points 217

attack 216

defense 216

agility 213

intelligence 192

I am currently training hit points. I am no longer training agility, but I have done a few of the faerie fortune cookies.

So far I have static cling. I have about 2mil to spend. I am thinking Lens Flare and An Icicle first. Then Burrow and start saving for Warlock's Rage for when I hit level 200. I looked at the Battelpedia section but it doesn't offer opinions on what is better and why. Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Hopefully someone will come by and drop in some insight. It's so new right now that I don't really think a lot of people know whats best yet. I also have static cling and would love to hear what would be wise for me to get next. I also was curious how abilities work in the BD.... are you able to choose from your list of available abilities?

This petpage has one of the best run-downs I've seen of the abilities, with reviews and recommendations for most tiers.

I just got Lens Flare (entirely from bottles won in the BD and my small stash of fading bottled faeries), and it's definitely a choice goal. Icicle also looks to be a solid choice--it's the obvious upgrade from Static Cling, giving you some extra damage every round. Burrow (and everything else in Tier 100) is currently bugged; keep an eye on it and make sure it's working before you snag it. Warlock's Rage is pretty much a second Lens Flare, and the only ability in its tier that is once per battle, rather than once per day--unless something changes, it's a no-brainer.

Xandria, you can have one ability from each tier active, and in a fight, you select the one you want to use from a popup "tray" just like you do with weapons. The abilities in the level 5 and 10 tiers are rather unimpressive; I'd skip them unless you just have blessings and nothing else to spend them on, because you'll usually be better off just using Static Cling every round than using them*. If you do take them, though, Shade is probably the best option at 5. Positive Thinking is the best ability at 10, especially if your hit points are fairly high, but you'd probably do better to save your Light blessings for Lens Flare if you can get it. If you take Positive Thinking, use it early in the fight for best effect, since its heal is based on current HP. (I'm not sure what's up with its mirror ability; I haven't tried it myself, and that petpage says it may be glitched.)

*Example: For Cranky (+5% damage) to be better a better choice in a round than Static Cling, it would have to add more than 3 icons worth of damage. 3 is 5% of 60, so it would only do so if you dealt over 60 icons of damage with your weapons that round--Ghostkerbombs do a max of 30 icons each, so even a max hit with two of them would only make the Cranky damage equal to Static Cling for that round.

I just got lens flare, and it is amazing and changes battle strategy to a large degree. With LensFlare, I got my daily battle swag by fighting Balthazar, The Mutant Walain and Space Farie.

With Space Farie on easy, and Mutant Wal on hardest, all I had to do was attack with my MMoM and KBT, using Lens Flare. All attacks from opponent are blocked, and then your opponent is frozen.

Then on second round, I attack with KBT and Bomb, while recovering a 20 hp with Positive thinking. Conversely, if my opponent did not have so many points I could have used my healer instead of bomb, if less points, I could have gone with Icicle for more attack.

Again, the cheap way to get Lens Flare, is to spend 15 AIR points, then spend 8 Light points to convert from Pillow to Lens Flare. It saves a bunch of points.

P.S. Yes, I did buy a whole bunch of Weak bottled air hoping that people would use my technique and drive up the price. Didn't work.

*sigh*

P.P.S. Actually, I don't know if we've seen the final version of these abilities. Lens Flare is somewhere in between a freezer and a "Thick Smoke bomb". Like a TSB, the effect is immediate and occurs on the same turn. Unlike a TSB, the effect nullifies both attack and defense weapons (I think), a bomb is not launched, a healer not used, a shield not in place. You can nullify the TSB used by your opponent by healing and defending on that round.

Like a Freezer, you are given an unobstructed attack on your opponent. However, it occurs on the round you launch for Lens Flare, and not upon the next round as a freezer would. You will always survive when you use the Lens Flare, same can not be said about the Freezer.

The big wildcard is stances. There is code for a menu for stances hidden in the HTML, a little different than previously but stances will be used at sometime. I think it will be an additional option to be used in addition to two weapons and one ability, however reading someone else's html code is hard and I could be wrong. Really, its more like I am lazy and I don't want to figure it out. I'm an old man, I don't have the patience to be figuring out some whippersnappers half finished html code, so get off my lawn.

So I will work on lens flare and icicle first. And then keep an eye on burrow. I am going to see what I can win from the battledome to start with. And one more quick question - if I bless my pet with the water blessing, then I get one or two points towards blessings, correct? And if I do the random one, I get one or two random points. Also, since earth faeries are less than air, wouldn't it make more sense to get shhhh and convert to lens flare? Thanks!

What are the chances you think Lens Flare changes? They said they reserve the right to alter abilities... and it's pretty obvious that lens flare is overpowered. If you have lens flare and a 100% freezer, the first two turns of any battle are free. If you have warlock's rage that makes three turns. I don't think they'll let that last for too long.

I think icicle really well (though I couldn't tell you if it's better or worse than sear or irritable minions, the other level 25 options). My pet is on level 51 will 80 strength (but I have no idea if those influence faerie ability at all) and icicle always knocks out the current set of opponents in a single hit.

I think icicle really well (though I couldn't tell you if it's better or worse than sear or irritable minions, the other level 25 options). My pet is on level 51 will 80 strength (but I have no idea if those influence faerie ability at all) and icicle always knocks out the current set of opponents in a single hit.

I would saw that Icicle is pretty on par with Sear, but they are both MUCH better than Irritable Minions. Dark is incredibly easy to block, while Water and Fire much less so. Icicle gives more icons than Sear, but Fire is nearly unblockable (the only full Fire blocker is from the Smugglers Cove, and it's HUGELY expensive).

• 4 months later...

Could someone help me pick out my Faerie Abilities?

My Weapons:

Improved Lightning Beam

Cobrall Dagger

Water Mote

Void Snowball

Snowager Sword

Scroll of the Sea

Fiery Sun Scroll

Necklace of the Water Faerie

The Abilities:

An Icicle

Sear

Irritable Minions

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant if you have nothing new to add to the discussion.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Personally, I prefer An Icicle of those three. Irritable Minions does 8 icons, but then has a 10 round cooldown, so it averages 0.8 icons per round. Similarly, Sear has 4 icons on the first turn, 4 on the second, and has a 10 round cooldown, so it also averages 0.8 icons per round. An Icicle does a constant 6 icons, and you can use it every turn, so it averages 6 icons per turn - which is a lot more than 0.8. The downside to An Icicle is that you have to use it every round, unlike Sear, which you can combine with a different faerie ability on the second round, like Shade or Cranky. For that reason, some battlers prefer Sear, but I think An Icicle is strong enough that it should replace all of the previous abilities you have.