Battledome Blues and Weapon Woes - Seeking a Weapon

Hello people of the Battedome and Battlepedia Chat!

I am Jace. I need to get your opinion on a couple of things.

Okay. I currently have Scroll of Knowledge x2 as my constants. I am definitely happy with these. I have to admit, they've served me well and they've served me for a while.

But, I am having trouble with them. I personally do not like that much icon diversity. I currently have no more than around 300k right now and I'm satisfied with the rest of my set (for now) except my constants.

I like Bow of the Fire Faerie's icons and icon spread, but it deals the same number of icons as the scroll and costs around 10x more.

My question is, do I buy a Bow of the Fire Faerie x2 or not? I feel like the Bow's stacked icons would fare better in the Dome (both in 1p and 2p) than the Scrolls' variety. I'm kind of settled in on the fact that I'm switching to it, and I just wanna make sure I'm making the right decision.

Any opinions? I'm also looking for someone who knows the price (or has a Bow in their SDB), so that I could buy one (or two, depends on your price).

Those seeking weapons or weapon sets, I'm happy to help as well. :)

I agree with Finn, but if you find yourself needing something a bit more constant, why not try 1 Bow of the Fire Faerie and 1 Scroll of Knowledge?

Both do 11 icons, so it wouldn't impact your overall power, and if you came up against an opponent that blocked one or more icon types in the scroll, the bow might be able to fill in the gap?

It's really up to how you want to battle. Bow of the Fire Faerie is unbuyable, so you'd have to decide if more constant icons like that is worth a good-sized chunk of your budget. Scroll of Knowledge as of right now looks to be around 44k.

You could wait until war begins and then see, though there is a risk then of the prices escalating. Which brings it back to, if it's what your instincts and brain tell you is best. Only the battler can determine that in the end, ;) And there's always the chance you might want to get something else with that 300k during the war. So good luck with whichever path you take, and happy battling! :)

This gets back that once the war starts, unless they do something truly unique, you will shortly know what shields your adversary holds. Until the battle starts, I can not do the math, but there are times in the current gallery of opponents that it makes more sense to carry nine icons that can not be blocked versus carrying 11 icons that will be partially blocked.

There is a completely different battle view when you have full knowledge of your opponents weapons. You know that the Space Faerie has a full water blocker, you know she has almost no dark attack. There is no point to carry a KBT or a HCC into battle, even though they are very good weapons.

So if you are at the level where you are attacking with an 11 icon constant, you might think about getting some cheap eight or nine weapons that attack with limited icons, knowing that nine unblockable is better 11 with five blocked.

An interesting but more random idea would be to carry either a dark nova or supernova. If the icons are not blocked by your foe, then they can be the saving item you need.