Official Seekers Discussion Thread

Lydia Trebond

Does anyone know if the level 100 abilities have been fixed? I want to get one of them but haven't spent the faeries yet if they don't work.

According to what I've experienced against the Brute Leader, it seems we Neopians cannot use the abilities of that set (I've picked burrow long ago) whereas the Brute Leader's burrow ability is able to fully block up to 3 different icons (Water, Air and Earth in some cases, Fire, Air and Earth in some other cases).

My guess is that Burrow is an improved "Shade", fully blocking random icons whereas "Shade" block some icons

Please remember that you can still do your part by losing a couple of hundred times ;) that is what I am doing

That's what I'm working on now (sadly enough). So very many potions...my poor aching Neo-wallet....

I finished doing my painful part against the faction leaders, but I'm still coming from behind on the wave before them. So far, 150 losses on Mighty apparently leaves the bar less than half full; this does not bode well....

There we go, I'm trying to get the scratch achievement with my weakest pet, but It always gets between 500 - 800 hits, never getting to 1000. The first one, is obviously unobtainable for me.

Time to lose. Like a boss :thumbsup:

I got the two achievements with patience (if I am not mistaken, you don't have to do or take the damage in a single battle). If that's the case with 'Tis Just A Scratch, then you have to attack more, because he will reflect it for sure and the damage on you increases.

But I am getting so sleepy from only watching this opponent. I really don't think the same goes for the other factions. This one can take you down in real life.

I can confirm it, I did both achievements. It took me 30 fight on average to finish the first one, but I've done it. They can be defeated, so I'm going with my best weapons!

I definitely chose the right faction, apathy is my real world worst enemy :D

Edited by Mireia

I just had a good run on mighty. I used Shh + Downsize! + heavy robes of thievery and stole his prismatic mirror. Then I used my BoHD + mirror + static cling, followed by RFFR + mirror + static cling, followed by 3 rounds of KBT + mirror + static cling. The mirror alone was dealing him 200-500 damage, which was awesome. Going to just keep trying to steal his good stuff (though he sadly has a lot of junk, and he can kill me in one hit on mighty, so even jade scorchstone doesn't help much).

The bar seems to fill faster on mighty, so I'll fill it first, then try to take more HP on the easier levels (assuming it works that way? I don't know if it's better to lose faster on mighty or draw the battle out longer on an easier level, which would let me deal more damage Does anyone know?).

I can confirm that your bar fills the same no matter how much damage you do to him, and it fills faster on hard than medium or "easy" (most misnamed "easy" I've ever seen). I wasted a ton of time trying to get the mirror and last, but honestly, in the long run, I can do just as much damage with full-attack mode, dying faster, and repeating, as I can trying to stay alive, and it fills my bar faster. I'm scared some elite is going to ruin it for the rest of us the way the Sway and Brute factions' elites did.

P.S. I'm fighting Apathy on two fronts; my bar is only 1/4 full because I wasted too much time trying to really hurt him, erroneously thinking it was filling the bar faster. This is cruel, TNT; stop telling me to quit, that it doesn't matter! And stop trying to hypnotize me/make me fall asleep with the pajamas and soothing colors...

A little pep talk!

Good luck out there everyone! It may be the long slow "plinking" against the enemy, but every point counts! Don't sell yourself short because "Oh, I can only do 5 damage a round, I shouldn't even try!" Well, it could be you that kills apathy at the end - when he only has 2 hp left!

Don't worry about other faction's enemies being down - we have our own battle to fight! Just keep plinking away and we'll get there! :D

(Now I'm off to plink away at my glorious ~59 damage a round).

Yes, fight on mighty, because it fills your bar faster (300 vs. more than 300). Also, make each battle as short as possible, but also attack as much as possible while you're battling (to balance individual goal with team goal).

Apathy's slowly getting knocked out; he's down to 1.78-something million now. I'm taking it in groups of 5, then taking mini-breaks, with longer breaks after every 25. I've got 34 more sets of 5 to go.

I do about 300 damage per round on Mighty... I would be frustrated if I was in the Brute Squad or Order and was unable to fill my bar!!

One thing I am confused about is how the damage going down is calculated... like if you do 1000 damage on medium, is that factored into his hp on hard?

Edit: Also, how much HP did Apathy start with, does anyone know?

I do about 300 damage per round on Mighty... I would be frustrated if I was in the Brute Squad or Order and was unable to fill my bar!!

One thing I am confused about is how the damage going down is calculated... like if you do 1000 damage on medium, is that factored into his hp on hard?

Edit: Also, how much HP did Apathy start with, does anyone know?

Perhaps we have to defeat all three of him?

Edit:

I'm not getting any response elsewhere, so I thought I'd try my fellow Seekers. Every time Apathy attacks with the combination Cloud Rod + Air Faerie Fan + Esophagor Stench, it shows him being hit by 19 icons of damage from me, not blocking even a single one, yet the damage total is "0". Every time, without fail. Is this happening to anyone else?

Frostfire, I just responded in the other thread, but since it's relevant to Seekers, I'll respond here -- yes, it happened to me. I think the fan is glitched (it's supposed to defend physical, but seems to act more like a TT, though not appearing in the log). It didn't work that way for me when I stole it, though. :(

I think Apathy started out at 2M on difficult, though that's just a guess (TNT likes round numbers). It hasn't changed much since I started battling... 6 hours ago (I did take some breaks in there, but still... sheesh!), so I can imagine that in the first 5 hours, it only went down ~200k or so. I think each battle helps a bit; my suspicion would be that since it's easier to do more damage on easy, TNT has created a formula that equates it to the damage you would have done on difficult. I've noticed that when I go back in, his HP are often slightly higher than they were during the last round I beat him, though not as high as they were at the start of that round. So maybe each loss takes off a chunk of a certain size (the size being ridiculously small, and larger for difficult and smaller for easy). Or maybe it takes off everything but doesn't count your last round if you die.

He used Positive Thinking and healed 86446 HP on me. Two rounds later, he used his JS and "healed," but it brought him back down to his beginning-of-that-battle HP. It's definitely funky.

Good luck to those still battling. I finally filled my bar a little while ago; now I've got to get back to real life stuff.

Um, it just said on mine that Apathy feels better after some Positive Thinking and showed him getting 89000 more hp... is that for serious?!!

Edit:haha I just noticed that siniri said the same thing above... so i'm thinking it doesn't actually count b/c then we'd never be able to win!

Capturadepantalla2013-03-16ales05444.png

I hope this is s glitch, because with this weapons and no defense I'm usually doing 90-103 damage... It's really frustrating. Not that damage is important, but I don't understand...

150 on mighty, 60 on easy, I'm half way through. I'm going to bed, this fight can wait

I don't know if it's just one of them, or the combination, but that Cloud Rod + Air Faerie Fan + Esophagor Stench routine is the same one that mysteriously reduces my pet's damage to zero against Apathy every time. Not sure why, but every time I end up with an undefended mystery-zero, it's that exact combo.