The Awakened Want The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

And then the king of Tyrannia (or faeries or whoever) will appeal to us, the ordinary folks digging round the site, to keep the obelisk out of all factions ' hands. The first wave of enemy will be those from the thieves guild & so on. In the end we'll represent Tyrannia & those in the vids are all we have to go up against /crackpot theory :P

Yeah, I've been thinking this too. If they were going to have us join factions, I would have expected more to be good guys.

I feel like TNT was just asking around the office saying "Hey, what kind of groups do you usually see when something everyone wants appears?" and they started throwing out things like "brute strength group" and "magic users" and decided, USE ALL THE GROUP TYPES!

Can't wait for the Pirates, Ninjas, Lord Darigan's Minions, Royalty, and Tyrannian Natives groups.

Unless Pirates really come in as a group, still Thieves Guild. I'm starting to wonder if this will turn into an elimination bracket style fight. Thieves Guild vs. Seekers, winner advances to Brutes/Awakened's winner. Why else do so many groups need to come out? It's not the Altador Cup.

Oooh, TNT is really making this a difficult choice! I'm really loving the video for the Awakened - it's like a japanese horror movie, haha :P

I really hope this is the last one. I thought the limit would be four.

I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but...the video posted in the first post on here is the Thieves' Guild one instead. Not a huge deal; I'm about to watch the video on neopets instead.

EDIT: OH JEEZ I JUST WATCHED IT. That was both hilarious and scary. It was rather reminiscent of the first parts of the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. I think we found the Neopian Zombie Apocalypse...

We get it. Everyone wants the obelisk. Is there going to be anything more than just swarms of opponents who are after it? What about the Tyrannians, what do they know of the obelisk, what do they want of it?

Yo, this better be the last one. I was so expecting the battles to start! How exactly are people suppose to join a bunch of zombies, though? I can't really prepare for battles either cuz the abilities thing won't work!

The Awakened were the last faction to join. According to today's news:

"Lucky" Neopians will be able to swear their loyalty to the Thieves Guild, The Sway, the Order of the Red Erisim, the Brute Squad, theSeekers, or the Awakened. Which one will YOU pick? You can make your choice starting tonight

Thak goodness it was only the skull. When I first read the books I got nightmares of what the mark would look like O.O

I'm going to avoid the zombies at all cost.... Way to but i my only fear TNT :(

I think it's becoming clear they're going for a tournament plot, much like the Altador Cup. The factions will probably round off at 8, and there will be either single elimination or round robin rounds where, say, the Sway fight the Seekers and whichever faction's members kill more NPCs wins. Most likely there will also be supplementary activities that don't involve battling as well.

Think about it, the Altador Cup was popular enough that TNT used to advertise it on kid's television. They know this set-up is a winner, and they want an excuse to do it again. Not saying that's a bad thing of course, this seems quite interesting.

(Creepy Voice) :evil: "Come side with us... we have cake." :geeky_evil: They remind me of the twins from The Shining.

That was probably intentional. Who doesn't know about those creepy twins from that creepy classic (on a side note, has anyone seen the remake? Not as good :/) I'm so glad there aren't any more factions though XD

Happy battling soon everyone!

That was probably intentional. Who doesn't know about those creepy twins from that creepy classic (on a side note, has anyone seen the remake? Not as good :/) I'm so glad there aren't any more factions though XD

Happy battling soon everyone!

I love The Shining reference. I really like the tone of this plot so far considering the style and music (and The Sway and Awakened). I thought TNT were filling the rosters too much but after looking at all the videos I think it's great that we get to see the many different groups, interests and intentions of Neopia! I'd like to think that they carefully made decisions as to the agendas and motivations of each of the different factions so that they were all unique and easily distinguishable.

I'm actually surprised by the 'dark' tone of the two aforementioned groups (I'm thinking this is the darkest they've been since the Murder Mystery?) but TNT kept it light with mention of cake and was a nice reminder that the plot is for everyone. I'm very excited and I think I'll be joining the Awakened as I've been on a horror movie bend lately.

I like all the choices, but that just makes it harder to decide who to choose. :mellow: Maybe the TNT can place a twist where some of those groups make an alliance with each other. Then you can have a better chance to have strength and smarts put together in one group. Doubt this will happen, but oh well.

P.S. Doesn't this event (and others) give you a feeling that Neopets could be great as a movie?!! :woot:

A ha ha! I've actually thought that two! There are a lot of cool things that happen in the world of neopia that I would pay to watch. :O Or maybe like a Neopets cartoon?! This plot could deffinatly be in it and go for several episodes

P.S. Doesn't this event (and others) give you a feeling that Neopets could be great as a movie?!! :woot:

Even focusing just on this plot, I'd say there are too many factions for a movie; there wouldn't be enough time in a movie to establish them all properly, especially the Sway, who are supposed to be subtle. Trying to shoehorn them all in would confuse the audience, and not give them a chance to identify with anyone. Remember, we've had days to ponder and discuss each faction, and we mostly fall in a demographic that is familiar with the tropes they represent--not something you can count on with a general audience.

It might be workable in a longer format, though. A TV, Web, or even comic series might have the room to develop it properly. If you had a sufficiently creative team--one that is not afraid to handle the darker elements, and has a dab hand with characterization--they might make something good out of it. There's also a lot of inherent silliness in Neopia as a setting; they'd either have to make a separate continuity with a lot of goofy stuff cut out, or lampshade it.

I joined the awakened! :D

i must say the whole zombie eating brains and cake thing won my twisted soul over wholesale :D lol

i guess im just weird myself haha