Help with set, please?

Alishkah

I read the TDN guide for choosing weapons but the items they suggested have inflated in price and I don't want to waste np.

So are there suggestions for a recommended set for this pet of mine?

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Chonchilla

Alishka.

Hi, before I can really suggest much, what equipment do you have already? And what is your budget?

Yes, because of the plot things are really inflated. higher than I've ever seen. Though I've missed some of the recently passed plots. Still though. I think the inflation is pretty nuts imho.

I haven't been paying much attention to what's inflated and what hasn't, so I won't be very helpful. If you're looking at the guide, I suggest looking up the prices for each of those weapons and compare with what we have listed, since we updated the prices shortly before hints of the plot came out and everything started to inflate. I think some weapons on there haven't inflated much because they're not the best weapon (e.g., Lesser Healing Scroll hasn't inflated as much as Greater Healing Scroll because GHS is stronger and more popular).

Some weapons haven't inflated much because they have a fixed price, like Hidden Tower weapons or Neggs at the Neggery. They might be out of your price range, though.

Also, you could look into species weapons. Lennies have some good species weapons, although the good ones are still kind of expensive. I'd bet that species weapons haven't inflated much because not every pet can use them. To see what weapons are species weapons for a Lenny, try here at the Battlepedia. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific guide of what's good or not for species, because there would be too much work for little payoff. However, many weapons have reviews, where staffers have compared them to other weapons, which you can use to get a sense of how good or recommended the weapon is.

What is your budget?

A really popular weapon now is:

Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy x2

Its a 14 iconer and has a good variety of icons with a lot of water. Its 2 million on the Hidden. It doesn't really sell elsewhere because its really popular.

Hanso's Charisma Charm is a good weapon that has inflated a bit. It now goes for 600k.

Greater Healing Scroll was buyable but now goes for 500k.

Rainbow Clockwork Grundo is a great weapon (assuming you won't get G-Bomb.) It goes for a bit less than 3 million.

​ Randomly Firing Freezing Ray is good freezer and goes for 550k now.

Downsize! is a great weapon that only costs 5k. Blocks half of everything.

last weapon should be a shield. Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield is the nest and is 8 million.

Set should cost 16.65 million.