Ravens or 49ers?

-Ryan

After the commercials so far, I'm on Team M&M!

...I'm rooting for the 49ers because I'm from that area originally, but I have never paid enough attention in football to have any idea how they will actually do.

Honestly, I don't care about sports. At all. I don't know what's wrong with me, because everyone else seems to get really into it... but I just don't. I saw a meme today with grumpy cat, saying "I hope they both lose" :P

Honestly, I don't care about sports. At all. I don't know what's wrong with me, because everyone else seems to get really into it... but I just don't. I saw a meme today with grumpy cat, saying "I hope they both lose" :P

Darn that meme! I hope he was kidding. I've made bets with my friends. If I lose it will actually cost me. :P

I think the 49ers will win, but I really want the Ravens to win. I have reasons for that. You see, I'm a Lions fan, and even though I love the Lions, I can't stand their fanbase for reasons I won't go into here. And a lot of the Lions fans I've seen on the Internet LOVE Jim Harbaugh. They think he's a coaching genius and often bring him up as a reason for why Jim Schwartz is a terrible coach and should be fired (basically, because Schwartz didn't make an immediate impact on the Lions, while Harbaugh did for the 49ers. Please. Even Bill Belicheck couldn't turn around the 0-16 Lions in one year). Plus, I just don't like Jim Harbaugh in general (and no, not because of that stupid handshake incident; that's just a lot of dumb media hype).

Plus, the San Francisco Bay Area is as spoiled as pigs in mud as far as sports goes. ALL of their teams except for the Oakland Raiders are contenders, and the San Francisco Giants already won the World Series over my Tigers.

So I want the Ravens to win to spite the Lions fanbase and because San Francisco has so many good sports teams it's unfair, and it looks like I'm going to get my wish. *knocks on wood*

As for what I want the Lions to do in the offseason, just stay out of trouble, trade Titus Young (yes, I think he can be traded; he's a talented player, he just has attitude problems), draft defensively (and hopefully that will include Bjoern Werner in the first round), and do whatever they need for free agency, and they'll be fine.

Really, though, I think the Lions just had a lot of bad luck in 2012. The bounces weren't going their way, and teams were doing to them what they were doing to teams in 2011. Notice that 10 of those 12 losses were by 10 points or less, and of the two that weren't, one of them involved Matthew Stafford having literally one of the worst games of his career. Plus, everybody got injured (including three out of four of their starting WRs). I'm a firm believer in the law of averages, and I don't think that will last. The Lions should and probably will improve in 2013, but unless they have an amazing draft and FA period, I see them finishing around .500. Which is fine, because I see 2014 being the year to watch out for them anyway, since they'll be able to dump a bunch of bad contracts after 2013.

Wow, hope you bet on the Ravens, then! I *was* rooting for the 49ers, but the Ravens are doing such an amazing job that I can't help but shun the niners.

I think the 49ers will win, but I really want the Ravens to win.

Pretty sure you're not watching the game, then :-P Ravens are up by a LANDSLIDE.

No, I'm not. I just checked the score and was quite surprised to see the Ravens up by so much.

And I don't do sports betting.

To be honest, I mostly wanted to ramble about the Lions lol.

WHAT IS THIS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM EVEN WATCHING ANYMORE.

Seriously, this is the first year in which the game has actually been better than the commercials. That I've watched. Which is like two Superbowls. So never mind.

Wow, hope you bet on the Ravens, then! I *was* rooting for the 49ers, but the Ravens are doing such an amazing job that I can't help but shun the niners.

Pretty sure you're not watching the game, then :-P Ravens are up by a LANDSLIDE.

I was watching at 9:30 and got scared. I continued to see that score went from 28:6 to 31:29

EDIT: another touchdown for 49'ers.

Edited by Finn the Human

I honestly have no idea. I don't really watch football but I'm grateful for the superbowl because all the football fans here at school today were too sleeping in so they could be well rested for a night of watching it that for once the omelette line didn't take like 15 to 20 minutes.

^ I used to think like you. I thought sports in general were absolutely boring. Not so much anymore. They're good escapism, as long as you don't get too into them lol.

I can't watch the Super Bowl or any sport for that matter. I learned from watching the Lions this year that if I do that, I get too emotionally invested in the team I'm rooting for, and I get mad when things don't go my way. And absolutely nothing went the Lions way this year, so I was one sad panda this year, to say the least.

Thus, I've never seen a Super Bowl and don't plan on seeing one. I might make an exception when the Lions make it (because I believe they will at some point in my lifetime - the Fords have to get lucky and hire the right guy eventually. Right?), but I would think that would make things worse.

But I am glad to see the Ravens won. Hah! Take that, Lions "fans!"

• 6 months later...