Customization-Why do you do it?

Naamah D.

I'm with the people who weren't all that interested in customization at first. I mostly liked the backgrounds. Well, I still like backgrounds the best, but I've expanded a bit. Why not customize? What was the point of all those clothing items before pets could actually wear them? They were just more stuff to collect with no real purpose. The downside of course is that the basic pets had to be redrawn and became less interesting and more uniform. There was a tradeoff, but overall I think it was worth it. A lot of wearables don't look good on a lot of species, and personally there are loads of items I don't like, such as particularly girly clothing. And I always like to keep things fairly simple and uncluttered visually, so I don't dress my pets up as much as a lot of people do. But it's fun. It's something else to do. And you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

• 1 month later...

Plus, there's just something about putting clothes on pets that I find strange. Just like in real life, I don't understand owners that buy Halloween costumes for their cats and dogs or put sweaters and booties on their pets for decorative purposes. I can't bring myself to do that to real or virtual pets.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm impartial to dressing a neopet up - if you enjoy it and that is your thing more power to you! It's not something I personally enjoy for another reason the post above gave specifically about painted pets. I really like the TNT artwork and have poured money into it - so generally I don't like clothes on my neopets. The exception to this is backgrounds. I love backgrounds and think they're adorable. I can definitely see the appeal of customization, I guess I just haven't gotten into it besides the backgrounds.

Ever since I got lots of NP when I sold my Hissi Transmogrification Potion and have been stable as far as how much NP I have I've been enjoying customizing my pets. I also bought some Neocash not to long ago.

• 10 months later...