New Plot Coming Out

Firstly, I don't know I should post this in Battledome & Battlepedia Chat or here, so if I posted the wrong place please move my topic.

So yeah, everybody was talking there's a plot coming out, and will include the battledom in that. Since this is probably my first battle-included plot, I want to ask something.

From your experience from the past, can my pet's stats (http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Bweetik) be enough to "survive" through the plot? I don't want to waste for the inflation codestone and dubloon right now but cannot stand a chance in the new plot.

Then, I want to ask about the possible prize because I have a really tight budget right now, if it's worth something then I will try the best to train my pet.

And the last I want everybody to advice me what's the most suitable weapon to my pet because I'm using all the junk weapons right now. Thank you :D

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets Help’ to ‘Battledome & Battlepedia Chat’.

Usually plots that involve the battledome have a nice range of enemies for every kind of battler, so even if your pet was 5/10/10/10 it could probably fight something. Prizes are defiantly worth it most of the time, and if you don't want to spend a lot of NP, start getting interested in Key Quest and the battledome (more if you already are) 50% of my training is funded by those two and random events

TNT is really good about making plots available for ALL players, regardless of stats, NP, etc. You may not be able to battle against ALL of the opponents, but you will almost definitely be able to best some of them. You have better stats than a lot of people already, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you can, I would try playing games like NeoQuest, Pyramids, Dice-A-Roo, and Sahkment Solitare to increase the liklihood of getting random events- codestones, NP, other items you can sell, and Faerie Quests. All of those will help you do a bit of training without breaking the bank completely! Battling is a fantastic way of getting codestones right now as well- you can get both normal and red codestones from all oppenants at any level, so don't worry about having to battle against really hard ones!

You should go for a Greater Healing Scroll (heals 50 HP; get a Lesser Healing Scroll that heals 25 HP if that's too much), two Scrolls of Knowledge, a Downsize! and a Leaf Shield. Do you understand boosts? Train your strength and defense to 55 and STOP training Movement. It has no purpose now and will likely have no purpose before the plot. After hitting 55 defense and strength, just train HP. Training HP is most important because it is more direct and doesn't work on a boost basis. You can train HP to 3x your level (though you can't train other stats until level is half of your HP).

I have the same suggestions as most of the people above.

Your pets stats are good. I suggest you don't train movement as of this moment, because not a lot of items require movement to work. Train your stats up to the next strength and defense boosts, and your HP would correspondingly follow.

For items, however, I agree with Jezebel. Downsize is a necessity in almost all sets. Currently there is disparity in suggested constants, shields and healers because of possible plots and inflations, etc.

I shall suggest a bunch of them that cost for a total of less than 2 mil, most likely :)

There are a plethora of items you could choose to equip to your pet.

Constants (dual wielding works best for these weapons)

• Scroll of Knowledge (2 air, 2 dark, 2 earth, 2 water, 3 light = 11 offensive icons total) - as of now, they're 50k and above (they're inflating fast, so I might not fully recommend them :/) . The icons are a bit spread out, so dual wielding would work really well for this.
  • Scroll of Ultranova (3.4 air, 3.4 fire, 3 light = 9.8 offensive icons total) - as of now, they're around 50k as well. Nice icon types and are harder to block.
  • Altadorian Halberd (3 fire, 3 light, 2 air, 0.3-3 physical offensive icons total) - around 45k right now. Nice icons but Scroll of Ultranova or Golden Compass may serve better.
  • Ridiculuously Heavy Battle Hammer (3 earth, 3 air, 3 physical offense) and Rainbow Scroll (3 light, 3 air, 3 water) - 13k and above, and 3.5k and above, respectively.

Dual-Duties (dual wielding works best for these weapons)

• Scarab Ring (2 water, 2 dark, 2 physical offense; 3 fire, 3 physical defense) - as of now, they're around 3k and above.
  • Oversized Maractite Rune Sword (3 water, 2 light, 2 physical offense; 3 water defense) - as of now, they're around 15k and above.
  • Snowager Sword ( 2 water, 2 air, 3 physical offensive icons; 3 fire defense) - as of now, they're around 1k (still pretty good).
  • Golden Compass (3 fire, 3 air, 3 light offense; 2.6 dark defense) - they're around 50k right now. I personally love these. A downgrade would be the rather similar Gilded War Hammer.
  • Altadorian Swordbreaker (5 earth offensive icons; fully physical blockage). I'd recommend this to have but it's around 90k right now. I bought one before for around less than 5k :/
  • Rusty Pitchfork (3 fire, 3 earth, 5 physical offensive icons; 5 physical defensive icons) - I'd definitely recommend this, but it's a bit pricey now :/ Around 700k
  • Hanso Charisma Charm (5 earth and 5 light offensive icons; full dark blockage) - I'd recommend this too but it's now super inflated (around 600-800k :/

For other equipment, I suggest Leaf Shield (5 earth, 5 water, 3 physical defensive icons), Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (blocks 3 water, 2-5 earth and all light icons; blocks using opponent's strength boost) Sophies Magic Hat (5 earth, 3 dark, 3 fire, 3 physical defensive icons) for defensive equipment. For freezers, definitely Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (50% chance to freeze, breaks for the battle). For healers, go for a Greater Healing Scroll (Heals 50 HP, no overheal) or Blue Scorchstone (35 HP, overheal). For bombs, go for the 15-icon muffins that are one-use (Robot Muffin, Shooting Star Muffin, Brain Muffin, etc.) Get a Downsize! which blocks 50% of all icons that are dished out on you. Add a reflector if you'd like :D

Could someone explain what is meant by dual duty and dual wielding? Does that mean it's better to attack with two of the same weapon - so better two Hanso Charisma Charms or two Rusty Pitchforks than one of each? Though I fought in the last plot I really have no idea what I'm doing most of the time. :-)

Dual duty means one weapon has two different purposes (attack + defense usually) and dual wielding means that you use two weapons that are the same (Scroll of Knowledge + Scroll of Knowledge) :D

I'm a newbie in the battledome and I have another question to ask that how many times can you use the Greater Healing Scroll because I saw on TDN BP page they say it's limited use. Another question is that if I use it several times and left with 1 use left, if I sell to another person will it be reset the time used? And if not then how to know the weapon has been used when they're selling it?

I have a Greater Healing Scroll. By limited use, it means once per battle. That's the only way it's limited. It's not loaded with a certain number of uses.

Thank you! Because some other healing item such as slime potion in TDN BP say that you can use 1 per battle while others such as greater healing scroll say that it's limited use so I'm confusing :)

Greater Healing Scroll does say once per battle. The Battlepedia designation is in the upper right hand corner of the weapon box. The part where it says "Limited Use" is the item description, so that came directly from TNT.

Constants (dual wielding works best for these weapons)

• Scroll of Knowledge (2 air, 2 dark, 2 earth, 2 water, 3 light = 11 offensive icons total) - as of now, they're 50k and above (they're inflating fast, so I might not fully recommend them :/) . The icons are a bit spread out, so dual wielding would work really well for this.
  • Scroll of Ultranova (3.4 air, 3.4 fire, 3 light = 9.8 offensive icons total) - as of now, they're around 50k as well. Nice icon types and are harder to block.
  • Altadorian Halberd (3 fire, 3 light, 2 air, 0.3-3 physical offensive icons total) - around 45k right now. Nice icons but Scroll of Ultranova or Golden Compass may serve better.
  • Ridiculuously Heavy Battle Hammer (3 earth, 3 air, 3 physical offense) and Rainbow Scroll (3 light, 3 air, 3 water) - 13k and above, and 3.5k and above, respectively.

Dual-Duties (dual wielding works best for these weapons)

• Scarab Ring (2 water, 2 dark, 2 physical offense; 3 fire, 3 physical defense) - as of now, they're around 3k and above.
  • Oversized Maractite Rune Sword (3 water, 2 light, 2 physical offense; 3 water defense) - as of now, they're around 15k and above.
  • Snowager Sword ( 2 water, 2 air, 3 physical offensive icons; 3 fire defense) - as of now, they're around 1k (still pretty good).
  • Golden Compass (3 fire, 3 air, 3 light offense; 2.6 dark defense) - they're around 50k right now. I personally love these. A downgrade would be the rather similar Gilded War Hammer.
  • Altadorian Swordbreaker (5 earth offensive icons; fully physical blockage). I'd recommend this to have but it's around 90k right now. I bought one before for around less than 5k :/
  • Rusty Pitchfork (3 fire, 3 earth, 5 physical offensive icons; 5 physical defensive icons) - I'd definitely recommend this, but it's a bit pricey now :/ Around 700k
  • Hanso Charisma Charm (5 earth and 5 light offensive icons; full dark blockage) - I'd recommend this too but it's now super inflated (around 600-800k :/

For other equipment, I suggest Leaf Shield (5 earth, 5 water, 3 physical defensive icons), Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (blocks 3 water, 2-5 earth and all light icons; blocks using opponent's strength boost) Sophies Magic Hat (5 earth, 3 dark, 3 fire, 3 physical defensive icons) for defensive equipment. For freezers, definitely Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (50% chance to freeze, breaks for the battle). For healers, go for a Greater Healing Scroll (Heals 50 HP, no overheal) or Blue Scorchstone (35 HP, overheal). For bombs, go for the 15-icon muffins that are one-use (Robot Muffin, Shooting Star Muffin, Brain Muffin, etc.) Get a Downsize! which blocks 50% of all icons that are dished out on you. Add a reflector if you'd like :D

Okay, wow. This is great. But I gotta ask some details about it. Right now, I have a greater healing scroll, downsize, scarab ring, rusty lampost (I thought that the pitchfork didn't do as much damage...am I wrong?), scroll of knowledge (just found out I had it in my SDB, but what does it exactly do?), creeping shadow hammer (again, like lampost, does this do more damage?), and helm-mounted laser beam. The last one, I didn't think would be that effective, but it seems to work great. Is that just me? Should I get that? And I have a lead shield, and so should I have that instead of the scarab ring? Should I switch any of these out for other things you mentioned? I really don't understand icons as much in terms of how much damage they equate to, and so have just had these items I mentioned equipped. As I said though, I also have a leaf shield, randomly firing freeze ray, rusty pitchfork, cursed mittens (i think that's what they're called), rainbow scroll, ridiculously heavy battle hammer, and scroll of dark nova.

Sorry for all the questions, but really would love the advice! Ya'll are providing a lot already!

*EDIT*

Sorry, I have villager pitchfork, not rusty pitchfork. Questions about them in comparison to one another still apply though if anyone knows or can help.

Okay, wow. This is great. But I gotta ask some details about it. Right now, I have a greater healing scroll, downsize, scarab ring, rusty lampost (I thought that the pitchfork didn't do as much damage...am I wrong?), scroll of knowledge (just found out I had it in my SDB, but what does it exactly do?), creeping shadow hammer (again, like lampost, does this do more damage?), and helm-mounted laser beam. The last one, I didn't think would be that effective, but it seems to work great. Is that just me? Should I get that? And I have a lead shield, and so should I have that instead of the scarab ring? Should I switch any of these out for other things you mentioned? I really don't understand icons as much in terms of how much damage they equate to, and so have just had these items I mentioned equipped. As I said though, I also have a leaf shield, randomly firing freeze ray, rusty pitchfork, cursed mittens (i think that's what they're called), rainbow scroll, ridiculously heavy battle hammer, and scroll of dark nova.

Sorry for all the questions, but really would love the advice! Ya'll are providing a lot already!

*EDIT*

Sorry, I have villager pitchfork, not rusty pitchfork. Questions about them in comparison to one another still apply though if anyone knows or can help.

Okay. I suggest you sell your Creeping Shadow Hammer, Villager Pitchfork - they don't deal much icons and there are much better alternatives. The Rusty Lamppost, I advise you keep in your SDB (6 light is nothing to sneer at, but there are more powerful weapons) or you sell if you'd like.

Okay. I understand your pet is a lab rat judging by his stats? Are you training him or are you mainly lab training him?

Some of the items you currently have are pretty much alright. The Scroll of Knowledge, like all other attacking weapons (constants/dual-duties) attacks using a certain amount of icons, the number of icons multiplied by your strength boost is then the damage you induce - this however does not include your opponent's stance or weapons yet.

For example. Scroll of Knowledge does 11 icons. 11 icons x your current strength boost (since your strength is 76, your strength boost is in the range of 55-84, so that's 2) = You could do 22 damage against your opponent (not including stances and your opponent's weapons)

Essentially, the items you have are pretty nice. Equip Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, Greater Healing Scroll, Scroll of Knowledge, Downsize! and Leaf Shield on your pet. They're pretty good items.

The Helm-Mounted Laser Beam does an alright amount of icons but there are better, more powerful alternatives. Feel free to keep it though, same with the other items, if you feel like it.

Scarab Ring is a dual-duty. It'd be alright if you put it in your set if you'd like. But I do urge you to get other dual-duties that are more powerful (Rusty Pitchfork for example).

Villager Pitchfork does 5-6 (offensive) icons maximum, Rusty Pitchfork does 11 icons (offensive) and defends 5 physical for a total of 16 icons. Definitely choose Rusty Pitchfork. I think Villager Pitchfork is just for raking nowadays =))))

Anyways, I think that the expensive items that are currently hyper-inflating are already with you (RFFR, GHS, SoK, D! and LShield).

Your set would look something like this:

Scroll of Knowledge

Rusty Pitchfork

Leaf Shield

Greater Healing Scroll

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Leaf Shield

Prickly Potion x2/15-icon muffin + 50% reflector

Since your pet has a Lab Rat build, I'm not super sure if Leaf Shield would work well for you. Prickly Potion attacks your opponent with 6 reflected icons (unblockable as I remember) and using their own strength boost. A 50% reflector would redirect half an opponent's attack back at them (but you'll receive the other half back :/).

Other people may be able to help you build a set more than I could :) But good luck! :D

If you're confused on how icons work, or how many icons an item does, you can always check the TDN Battlepedia. There is a guide that explains icons-to-damage here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/intro/. It's under "Weapon Attacks." It also explains how defensive icons translate to blocked damage.

You can also view the weapons, if you're not sure what they do, and oftentimes we've written reviews of the weapons. I just wrote a review of Helm-Mounted Laser Beam the other day. The reviews are really helpful if you have a specific weapon in mind. Usually we offer better alternatives if it's a low-rated weapon, and we offer upgrade suggestions, too, if it's something in your set that you like and would like to upgrade.

Sidenote:

... (again, like lampost, does this do more damage?),

Lamppost always does the most damage. Not sure about the weapon, though! :P

Can I ask why two prickly potions? I'm looking at it and don't really get the point of two. Are they single use in battle also?

You can use two weapons at once, so people who use Prickly Potions usually use them both at the same time. Because it's such a unique weapon, and because it both attacks and defends, it makes sense to use two at once.

Are they one time use?

Also, General Tech - can I ask, why do you say the leaf shield instead of the scarab ring? Isn't it better to have the dual?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hey people, I considering doing the quest for illusen to get the Leaf Shield. Would that be cheaper than SW price because its price is currently 36k NP) there? And I also need the avvie anyway, I'm on level 15 XD.

One more question is should I considering buying Greater Healing Scroll? because it's now already 500k NP!