NP ratio?

crazy_cat_luv_bb

Is the NP ratio for each game is always changing dailies but TNT doesn't tell people ? For example, faerie cloud racer game has NP ratio of 0.6P = 1NP (mention in the game page as well as fansites) . Everday I attemp to get 1000 NP/play so that means I have to score >600P. But then, just a couple minutes ago, I got 601P in that game but then when I sent score, they just gave me 997NP. I know it's not too serious about not getting more 3NP, but what in the world why they put the NP ratio like that when it's not? :ohno:

Probably it is 0.597 points=1 NP or something like that and they just rounded it off to 0.60 points=1 NP.

Note: coopkaty beat me to it

TNT used to do np ratios the other way. Instead of 0.6 meaning 600 gets you 1,000 points, it meant that you multiply the number of np you got by 0.6. So if you had 600 points, you would get 600 * 0.6 = 360.

My observation is that they are still doing it like that. They're still multiplying your score by a somewhat round number. However, they are telling you the inverse of the ratio they use. If the old ratio was 0.6, this would mean they tell you a ratio of 1.67, but that's not perfectly right. You could get fewer points and still get 1,000.

In this case, new ratio is 0.6, so that means the old ratio was 1.67 or 1.66. If you do the math, it was 1.66.

I was going to say basically what others posters have said. I try to aim for 10-50 points higher than I actually need, depending on the game I am playing. I believe they only change the ratio once a month so I try to remember the right number of points for my favorite games on a monthly basis.

Firstly, I want to thank all of you for helping me :D

TNT used to do np ratios the other way. Instead of 0.6 meaning 600 gets you 1,000 points, it meant that you multiply the number of np you got by 0.6. So if you had 600 points, you would get 600 * 0.6 = 360.

My observation is that they are still doing it like that. They're still multiplying your score by a somewhat round number. However, they are telling you the inverse of the ratio they use. If the old ratio was 0.6, this would mean they tell you a ratio of 1.67, but that's not perfectly right. You could get fewer points and still get 1,000.

In this case, new ratio is 0.6, so that means the old ratio was 1.67 or 1.66. If you do the math, it was 1.66.

Sorry, I don't want to be disrespectful, but TDN article page (http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/game-ratio/) says that I can earn 1000 NP with 600 point. :)

The way TNT has the ratios set up 0.60 could mean up to 609 pts. My rule of thumb with ratios is always go 10 pts higher then the ratio indicates

I was going to say basically what others posters have said. I try to aim for 10-50 points higher than I actually need, depending on the game I am playing. I believe they only change the ratio once a month so I try to remember the right number of points for my favorite games on a monthly basis.

I've used this method before XD. It was so frushtrated when several times I got score somewhat like this, knew that I can get 1000 NP easily, but just quitted and lost some few NP from the game :sick02: But just yesterday, I thought I have to clear out why in the world should I deserved that and made this topic as you can see.