Hey people.

First, I'll post Errudite's stats:

Level: 21

Hit Points: 37

Strength: 41

Defense: 33

Movement: mach 3

Intelligence: 142

Okay. So first question, should I continue training him on Mystery Island or should I go for Swashbuckling?

I am currently training him on Mystery Island. I've stocked up on codestones and a couple of dubloons. I like training her on Mystery Island because I am rather impatient, but I'm afraid that my budget might not hold if I continue training with codestones.

Second, should I start using stat increasing items? I'm currently trying to collect armoured neggs. Altador Strength Potions are out of my budget, maybe Bubbling Fungus and Essence of Drackonack.

Third, if a plot comes out how much do training stuff usually escalate to? Weapons? Can someone cite experience from TFR (I wasn't there, I was on hiatus on a previous account before :/)

Fourth, should I buy an Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, or Altador Cup Throwing Star? Or should I stick to my Rusty Pitchfork?

Fifth, what's a good upgrade to Sophies Magic Hat? I have it currently and am saving up for a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield. But I'm looking at possible mid-tiers (is that a correct term? XD)

Lastly, should I get a Secret Laboratory Map?

Thank you very much in advance you guys! Help me decide! :D

1- It would be smart to do your night training at the Krawk Island academy if that can saves you some NP. And you can continue to train in Mystery Island when you are around your computer during the day. All honestly, training is always ungoing and unfinished project once you start, so don't worry about blowing too much NP in that area.

2- I would say no to stats increasers for now. Remember to do kitchen quests and to pick up your scratchcards in Terror Mountain though. That won't cost you as much and you will pick up a few stats the along the way :)

3- Usually, a lot. Like if a codestone is sold 3k now, you can expect it to be 4.5k, 5k during a plot unless codestones are being added to the economy like mad. Now that we can get codestones from the Battledome and from Key Quest, it's hard to predict.

4- Given your current stats, a better weapon won't make a huge difference. A battlepedia staff member could confirm this, but I believe you could look up to buy two Prickly Potion or Voidberry Potion. These weapons reflect the attack of your opponent.

5- I got a Faerie Tabard and I actually love it. But for a long time, I used my Sophies Magic Hat and that was suffisent. Again, taken your pet's stats in consideration, you might not notice a lot of difference using awesome shield versus good shield.

6- Secret lab... that's up to you. It's faster to train in the schools than with the lab though if you want a balance pet.

1. Okay, that's a better idea :) I've got a question though: How do "bonuses" and "super bonuses" happen?

2. Forgot about Kitchen quests, and I shall! Would Terror Mountain Scratchcards be better than Spooky Scratchcards? I mean, prize wise?

3. What about battledome equipment? I know it's highly unlikely for HT items to inflate, but what about other equipments?

4. I have a Prickly Potion, but they're currently not working in the new BD.

5. Faerie Tabard's much cheaper than HNMS right? How does defense work again, by the way? XDD

6. Thanks :) I have four pets that I wanna BD train, but then that would be uneconomical, so I might not pursue that XDDD I might just lab one and not lab one, but for now probably training first :)

What does QC stand for? =)))

To answer the questions I can; Bonus/super bonus appears to be random. Sometimes I get additional levels, but mostly I don't.

As far as I know, terror mountain scratchcards are the only ones that can give you a level up (this is what we're talking about, right?).

Oh. I thought otherwise. Thank you very much. :)

Anyways, about the scratchcards, I've seen that Terror Mountain gives levels better but don't the spooky scratchcards give the chance to get a moehog skull? Those things are amazing XD

Anyways, I kinda don't wanna level my pet up until his endurance, strength and defense are balanced. Went to Coltzan's Shrine today and got a level up, now regretting it cause I have to pay one more codestone for each stat :/

I know how defense works now, so no need to answer that question :)

1/ Bonuses (from +2 to +5) are random (and no link with the payment in dubloons or (red) codestones)

2/ Spooky Scratchcards gives the best weapons, namely:

• Melting Mirror (6.3-9 iconer, multiple use)
  • Blood Grub (6.5-11 iconer, bomb)
  • Nimmo Finger (weak hit - 44.44% - 4.3-7 iconer, strong hit - 55.55% - 15-25 iconer, multiple use)
  • Moehog Skull (multiple-duty, 15 iconer, 5 dark and earth defence and 100% freezer, once per battle)

Spooky Scratchcards also gives level (when you scratch 3 spiders which are available at level of Festering Fortune Scratchcard up to Rotting Riches Scratchcard)

3/ With the new battledome, prices of healers has mainly increased (since faerie abilities aren't available, you can only rely on those to get some HP back)

4/ With the new battledome, items that works with opponent's stats aren't working now, so prices of prickly/voidberry potions have decreased

5/ Faerie Tabard fully blocks water and also blocks 5 fire and physical icons and 3 air and earth icons (16 icons + 100% water blocker)

Hubrid Nox fully blocks light and also blocks 5 air, earth, physical and water icons (20 icons + 100% light blocker)

But considering the defence boost of your pet, having a shield in you set is irrelevant for now

6/ I have two BD pets : one that I'm training at Secret Ninja School and one that I'm labbing, so one will be used as an all-situational fighter and the other one as a tank (since his high health points and low defence boost). I'm currently training level so that I can raise defence (only focused on strength and health points). But since I like using a shield, I have to raise my spoilt pet's defence fast. Even 80 free armoured neggs from last year cannot raise that stat as fast as I want to... Maybe I should play more Keyquest games lol. Using the lab ray means that you're prepared to have a pet with uneven stats and that its species will change (bad if you have some great species items like a 100% freezer and/or 50% healer, which means that you'll need some morphing potion or luck to get it back to the species you need)

Thanks for the information on bonuses :)

I knew about the Melting Mirror, Blood Grub and Moehog Skull (A dream of mine XD) but not the Nimmo Finger, I'll look it up.

I noticed that a Greater Healing Scroll now sells for around 150-190k? I bought one before for around 90k, is it a good time to buy one? Will they deflate?

Right. Same with Scroll Potion, am I correct?

Yeah. I'm currently training Errudite to reach around a 1000 HSD (I know that is going to be a LOOOONNNNNGGG WHHHIIILLLLLEEEEE ....) But what's a goal anyways right? :D

Yeah. I do think that I am. I need the avatar anyways, and I might get lucky XDDDD

I noticed that a Greater Healing Scroll now sells for around 150-190k? I bought one before for around 90k, is it a good time to buy one? Will they deflate?

I think it's a terrible time to buy. With the teaser picture from TNT, a lot of people think a plot is coming, and with the updated BD, a lot of people expect it to involve the Battledome. Thus, prices are going up. GHS probably won't come back down to 90k with the new importance of healing, since pets no longer are restored to full HP after a fight, but after the impending plot, the price will probably come down.

However, if you plan to use the GHS in the plot, you'd better get it soon. I'm guessing prices will continue to rise until the plot is over or we find out that it doesn't involve the Battledome.

Lamppost: I did notice that. Prices have inflated, and I myself have stocked up on a few equipment (around 25 Scarab Rings and counting + a bunch of other BD equipment).

Oh. So they'll stabilize at around 120k or so? I think I might get one later on, but right now I'm using a Blue Scorchstone, so I'm kind of good. :)

Hopefully there is really a plot and it does really involve the BD :D

Hi, maybe I missed it, but what healer do you currently have?

GHS IS really inflated now. Not good for buyers, but GREAT for sellers. Inflation really stinks. :P

1) i think you should use dubloons and train at the academy. When i first started playing, I didn't even KNOW about the Academy until I was almost too high in stats to use it! lol I could've saved myself a TON in codestones if I had done the academy. In the long run, the NP you save will be beneficial to you imho.

2) I've tried a few Cooling Balm of the Warrior, (for defense) , with pretty limited results, just pure impatience on my part. And it cost me more than it would've if I had just stuck to codestones. lol As Xepha suggested, Mainly stick with the Terror Mountain Scratchcards and Kitchen Quests. I'm not sure regarding KQs, if the more you spend means anything to the prize or not. But I'd recommend on a total cost limit of 5-6k, depending on your budget, for KQs. You can do 10 quests total a day, and you never know what or when you'll get a stat increase. So be judicious with what quests you complete.

3) I wasn't around for The Faeries Ruin (that's TFR, right?) plot. I returned to neo just a bit before the last AC started. But yeah, from what I remember from the plots I did take part in that involved battling, you probably will see inflation in codetosnes and equipment.

4) Stick with your rusty pitchfork. There is a very good review for the Rusty Pitchfork in the Battlepedia, and I agree wtih the reviewer. There is also a mention there maybe also getting a Hanso Charisma Charm, http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/2664/ I use it and I like it. 10 attack icons and blocks ALL darkness. If you don't have one already, maybe look into getting one of those in addition to your Rusty Pitchfork.

5) Instead of replacing Sophies Magic Hat, maybe look for something that will cover icons that it does not? In your case, I would recommend the 50% reflectors. (since I do not know what else you have for battle) They are pretty ok in price for the most part, although they can break permanently, For the short term, they can be VERY useful.

To reflect 50%;

Light = Dual Battle Mirror, OR Expert Lens (Expert Lens is cheapear and will not break to my knowledge)

Fire = Turbo Flame Reflector

Earth = Shovel Plus

Water= Super U-Bend

Dark= Ultra Dark Reflectorb (not needed if you get/use Hanso Charisma Charm)

Air = Double Dryer

6) Lab is totally up to you. If I recall the last time I looked up some lab stats, it's pretty good for Strength and HP, but bad for Level and Defense. I've never used the lab, so I don't really know much about it. but if you're happy with your pet as she is, such as gender and species, then I'd say avoid the lab. ;)

Lastly, I've been thinking about your healing. I don't know what you use now, but for just a 10hp heal, you could do Slime Potion, I used it way back when. but also, there is the Bronze Scorchstone. It heals 15hp once per battle and does do an Overheal. I've haven't used a healing scorchstone in battle that I can recall. But with your current HP, a GHS is not really needed until you get over 50hp imho. Price for the Bronze Scorchstone is now about 6300np. That was the lowest I saw on the shop wiz while working on this reply.

I hope this helps.

Happy Battling. :).

Okay. I currently have this set:

Skarls Hasty Mace

Rusty Pitchfork

Hanso Charisma Charm

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Sophies Magic Hat

Leaf Shield

Downsize!

Blue Scorchstone

I'd rather not sell any of my current items at the moment (especially the mace, cause I love it XDDD)

I'm working my way onto getting a GBomb, then better constants and shields. I'd rather get my weapons first as I train simultaneously. I think I can handle it so far. :)

I'd rather RS or buy a Greater Healing Scroll at the moment, but unfortunately my net hasn't been kind to me lately :/ It's what I like to call "Lag-tastic".

Thanks for the advice guys. Anyone know the current going price of Blue Scorchstone? Would I be able to trade it for GHS? O.o

Okay. I currently have this set:

Skarls Hasty Mace

Rusty Pitchfork

Hanso Charisma Charm

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Sophies Magic Hat

Leaf Shield

Downsize!

Blue Scorchstone

I'd rather not sell any of my current items at the moment (especially the mace, cause I love it XDDD)

I'm working my way onto getting a GBomb, then better constants and shields. I'd rather get my weapons first as I train simultaneously. I think I can handle it so far. :)

I'd rather RS or buy a Greater Healing Scroll at the moment, but unfortunately my net hasn't been kind to me lately :/ It's what I like to call "Lag-tastic".

Thanks for the advice guys. Anyone know the current going price of Blue Scorchstone? Would I be able to trade it for GHS? O.o

I saw that the Blue Scorchstone was about 140k on the TP yesterday (Thursday). So, if you add another item or items to your Blue SS you might be able to trade for a GHS. The price was really a surprise to me, since the Bronze Scorchstone was only about 6300np as of yesterday.

Also, I like your plan on working toward the G-bomb at the moment as you train. You've got a decent set, so you might as well use it. Once you get the GHS and G-bomb, you'll have to move things around anyway to make room for the G-bomb.

Good luck with the training and battling, AND trading for the GHS!

I kind of link the overheal on Blue Scorchstone, and my pet hasn't reached 50+ HP yet :/

Thanks a lot. I'm working my way to getting a GBomb first, since it might retire and it is THE ULTIMATE BOMB. Lots of constants available out there, only one super awesome bomb :) Yeah, I know. I might get rid of a shield and a constant and stuff XD

Thanks :) Should I go for GHS now, or should I wait a while til I train my HP up? :D

Also, which other constant should I go for? :D

Edit: I'm thinking of either Sword of Ari (I like air, the sword also looks cool), Sword of Reif (coolest looking among them all and the harder to block icon), Sword of Thare (love earth icons, but relatively abundant earth defense in most shields) or Kelpbeards Trident (the water icons are pretty awesome and since the squeaky toy and the u-bend are out of the HT, less blockers floating around).

I could also go for BLSoWS, ACTS or YBlaster :/

I kind of link the overheal on Blue Scorchstone, and my pet hasn't reached 50+ HP yet :/

Thanks a lot. I'm working my way to getting a GBomb first, since it might retire and it is THE ULTIMATE BOMB. Lots of constants available out there, only one super awesome bomb :) Yeah, I know. I might get rid of a shield and a constant and stuff XD

Thanks :) Should I go for GHS now, or should I wait a while til I train my HP up? :D

Also, which other constant should I go for? :D

Edit: I'm thinking of either Sword of Ari (I like air, the sword also looks cool), Sword of Reif (coolest looking among them all and the harder to block icon), Sword of Thare (love earth icons, but relatively abundant earth defense in most shields) or Kelpbeards Trident (the water icons are pretty awesome and since the squeaky toy and the u-bend are out of the HT, less blockers floating around).

I could also go for BLSoWS, ACTS or YBlaster :/

I think the constants depend on how many NP you want to spend. The anagram swords and KBT are great because they have lots of icons, but you pay for them. I would say BLSoWS, ACTS and YBlaster are a class below those. They also deal a lot of icons, but not quite as much as the anagram swords. So, while they are good weapons, they are a stepping stone in my opinion. My suggestion would be to get one of the lower classes when you can afford it, and use it while you're saving for an upgrade. I use KBT and BLSoWS while I'm saving for an anagram sword.

Also, I totally agree with Aquamentis's advice to train at Swashbuckling Academy. I'd much rather save neopoints rather than time. There's always more time.

At this point, you should definitely be focused on training rather than improving your weapons. Your pet has pretty low stats for the weapons we're discussing. Before I looked at your lookup, I was surprised to hear that Bronze Scorchstone was a consideration, because I would think most battlers considering buying GBomb have more than 50 HP.... But perhaps that's just my stereotypes!

I'm really just willing to save up for most things. I might just go with Ylanas Blaster or Altador Cup Throwing Star. I never liked Brynns Sword of Wraith Smiting's icon types :/ I understand.

I just bought a bunch of codestones, but since I'll use them eventually. I'll train in the Academy anyways :D

I do understand that. But I have this sort of belief/fear that BD items would retire any moment, so I'd rather get them while they're still available. Training could wait for me, but if I were to lose the chance on getting better BD items, I think that's what I'd regret :/

But yeah, stereotypes work that way anyways XD

Edit: I'm just looking to simultaneously train and save up for my weapons :) Don't plan to do much 2p :/