Account Unfairly Frozen

yvaine_valeri

My account was unfairly frozen by neopets. I wasn't using a cheat or downloadable cheat program. The only thing I did was sending a neomail to my friend chatting about the price of a certain item that I could not find anywhere. I told her that I found out the neo[Removed] database said my item cost 800K and that someone was offering 450K for my items. After I click the sent button, I was redirected to another page, saying that my neomail contains cheat bla bla bla. So I press back and I thought the problem was with the pricing, so I changed it to 800,000 and 450,000. I click sent again, and got the same message, so I thought maybe it was the neo[Removed] database thing, so I change it to website, and managed to sent the neomail. After that, I went to post on the neoboards to double check the price of the item. Then I was logged out. I tried logging in again and got this warning,

This account was using a 'cheat' or downloadable cheat program. But I did not cheat or use cheat program! Why would they think that neo[Removed] database is a cheat? Please help! I want my account back,):

Neo[Removed] is pretty infamous for cheating. They have autoplayers, score senders, and autobuyers available on their site for download, and the entire community is built around playing Neopets the easy way.

Their item database is really helpful, but it's still on Neo[Removed], and TNT, understandably, doesn't want people going there. Mentioning offsite webpages (aside from fanpages that are recognised) is a no-no, anyway, so even if Neo[Removed] wasn't on their list as being a source of cheats, you may still have gotten in trouble for that alone.

You can open a ticket, and try to appeal your case. But I don't know how successful you will be. :( I'm sorry this happened.

"Neo[Removed]" may be a trigger word that leads to an auto-ban. While they have an awesome database, there are other aspects of this site that go against Neopets TOS, so TNT may have put that in place, especially after some "drama" in the summer. Not only that, but you're mentioning a website that isn't a supported fansite.

The only thing you can do is submit a ticket to getting your account back and hope for the best.

EDIT - Ninja'd by Rebecca :P I'M A SLOW TYPER, OKAY!!!

Neo[Removed] is pretty infamous for cheating. They have autoplayers, score senders, and autobuyers available on their site for download, and the entire community is built around playing Neopets the easy way.

Their item database is really helpful, but it's still on Neo[Removed], and TNT, understandably, doesn't want people going there. Mentioning offsite webpages (aside from fanpages that are recognised) is a no-no, anyway, so even if Neo[Removed] wasn't on their list as being a source of cheats, you may still have gotten in trouble for that alone.

You can open a ticket, and try to appeal your case. But I don't know how successful you will be. :( I'm sorry this happened.

So that was the reason why I was frozen,): I heard they can take up to a year to reply to tickets!): &&Thanks for answering

"Neo[Removed]" may be a trigger word that leads to an auto-ban. While they have an awesome database, there are other aspects of this site that go against Neopets TOS, so TNT may have put that in place, especially after some "drama" in the summer. Not only that, but you're mentioning a website that isn't a supported fansite.

The only thing you can do is submit a ticket to getting your account back and hope for the best.

EDIT - Ninja'd by Rebecca :P I'M A SLOW TYPER, OKAY!!!

Didn't know that it was a cheat site! Hope I can get my account back,(: Thank you for answering!*

No, they answer the ticket very fast .... It could just take a year to summit, reject, re-summit, reject .... until you get your account back

And I totally think you should summit a ticket because the reason of freezing you is clearly ridiculous and unfair

It can take a long time for TNT to reply, and an even longer time to get your account back. :( If you don't already have a side account, I would make one so you can keep playing in the mean time. Hopefully you can prove that you weren't using any of their programs- if you don't restock, and you weren't super good at games they may believe you. -crosses fingers-

Good luck!

(is a sneaky Ninja :ph34r:)

It can take a long time for TNT to reply, and an even longer time to get your account back. :( If you don't already have a side account, I would make one so you can keep playing in the mean time. Hopefully you can prove that you weren't using any of their programs- if you don't restock, and you weren't super good at games they may believe you. -crosses fingers-

Good luck!

(is a sneaky Ninja :ph34r:)

I'm really bad at games and I rarely restock, even if I do, its just a few items. So I hope they would believe me!

Definitely mention in the ticket that you did know know it was a cheating website - merely, you needed prices for items. I guess they had just assumed you had done cheating to go onto that website. I don't know if you'll be able to prove otherwise, however. In the future, stay away from any sketchy looking website and don't mention them on the Neomails. I'm very sorry.

Well.. I do hope that you would be able to prove you weren't cheating by the neomail you sent. Clearly the NM was in regards to how much the item cost, and had nothing to do with trying to tell someone how to cheat, or whatever they thought. I really hope you can get your account back. This is one of my worst fears also. :(