Mysterious picture on Facebook

dummydumpty

I've missed out on a few plots because of my hiatus & I'm wondering:

What is a pet's stats like if I want to achieve the Saviour of the Faeries trophy in the Faeries' Ruin plot?

I'm thinking of training a new pet from scratch & is trying to figure out the amount of training to put in :)

I'm pretty sure I got the highest or close to highest trophy in TFR, and Lili was horrendously untrained. I think she was at pretty basic starter stats at the beginning of the plot and I started training her throughout it. I actually managed to beat a fair number of baddies too. I had to put a lot into Lili's set to compensate for her weakness, but it still turned out pretty well.

The "battle" pet I chose for The Faeries' Ruin started out with 15 HP, under level 50, with only the 35 strength and defense boosts. Training throughout and carefully planning which weapons to use against which wraith, I was able to cap all of the opponents. All of the planning and beating stronger opponents actually made the battles really fun. So it's very possible to do it without a super strong pet, though I will note that I had a 100% freezer and a Ghostkerbomb from day 1. I also used Prickly Potions as the wraiths got stronger. (I ended up around 100 HP, level 55, with the 85 strength/defense boosts for the last battle round.)

@livvy: thanks for the info :) I'm going to start on the training in Feb & hopefully I'll be able to cram in decent stats in time for the plot (if there is any)

The "battle" pet I chose for The Faeries' Ruin started out with 15 HP, under level 50, with only the 35 strength and defense boosts. Training throughout and carefully planning which weapons to use against which wraith, I was able to cap all of the opponents. All of the planning and beating stronger opponents actually made the battles really fun. So it's very possible to do it without a super strong pet, though I will note that I had a 100% freezer and a Ghostkerbomb from day 1. I also used Prickly Potions as the wraiths got stronger. (I ended up around 100 HP, level 55, with the 85 strength/defense boosts for the last battle round.)

Thank you; I'm making notes as I go through your post :) Which freezer did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you; I'm making notes as I go through your post :) Which freezer did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

No problem! I use Magical Marbles of Mystery, but that was back before the release of the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. Only a 50-50 chance of a freeze each time with that one, but that's still pretty good and around a 7 million NP savings over the 100% freezers.

I don't know how these battles will end up going in the new BD, but another reason I was able to cap all of the opponents was that ties counted as wins for your plot progress. I guess we'll see. If it's like the current beta, maybe we'll be choosing from three different strengths for each opponent.

No problem! I use Magical Marbles of Mystery, but that was back before the release of the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. Only a 50-50 chance of a freeze each time with that one, but that's still pretty good and around a 7 million NP savings over the 100% freezers.

I don't know how these battles will end up going in the new BD, but another reason I was able to cap all of the opponents was that ties counted as wins for your plot progress. I guess we'll see. If it's like the current beta, maybe we'll be choosing from three different strengths for each opponent.

Ah cool, thanks :)If budget allows, I'd definitely pick 100% freezers. If it doesn't freeze when you want it to, that's going to be a pain. Would you know how the random element work? Like if it doesn't freeze this round, will it freeze the next round?

I'm excited and curious to see how TNT will implement a battle in the new BD as well. If there's an option to choose difficulty, I wonder if you'll be locked to that difficulty level for a particular opponent.

@livvy: thanks for the info :) I'm going to start on the training in Feb & hopefully I'll be able to cram in decent stats in time for the plot (if there is any)

You and I are in the exact same boat Zeph. I'm having to wait to train my pet until Febuary because that's when I'll be getting my plushie kacheek & I wanted a kacheek as my bd pet. :) I'll be having to cram in as much stats as possible before this plot, so I hope they are just teasing us for awhile and the actual plot doesn't start until March or so. Otherwise, I'm screwed. :P I can't afford any good weapons. So here's to hoping!

Ah cool, thanks :)If budget allows, I'd definitely pick 100% freezers. If it doesn't freeze when you want it to, that's going to be a pain. Would you know how the random element work? Like if it doesn't freeze this round, will it freeze the next round?

It is really nice to have a 100% freezer, if you can afford it. As far as the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, I'm pretty sure that it's a 50% chance every time you try. So you could get lucky and freeze the opponent on your first move, or go four rounds using it against them without ever getting a freeze.

Well....it seems there is going to be a plot after all! Or so we think...I hadn't noticed how TNT has been hinting at the plot....and I probably should have kept checking back here. But the editorial sure sounds like something's up...that involves multiple lands! *continues to train her Aisha and go on faerie quests* She's got some pretty decent weapons on her, too. I'll steer clear of the harder opponents however, but she should be able to take down the easy to medium ones!

I just hope there will be plenty of puzzles involved, too, I like puzzle plots. ^^

I really hope that there won't be just a BD plot. I've never been into BD, and I'm not really willing to spend the NP on battle training and weapons right now, especially since I'm saving for a paint brush...

If there's BD elements, that's fine, I'll probably just avoid them... But I want to participate, so I hope there's more to it than fighting.

I was just thinking how interesting it is that they encourage you to train on the same day that they release a special training fortune cookie. Sounds like they're gearing up for something...

(I sold all my BD stuff and stopped training about the time the old dome closed, but with all this speculation, I'm definitely thinking I should reverse course.)

It is really nice to have a 100% freezer, if you can afford it. As far as the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, I'm pretty sure that it's a 50% chance every time you try. So you could get lucky and freeze the opponent on your first move, or go four rounds using it against them without ever getting a freeze.

Geeze can't say I like that kind of odds. Thanks, appreciate all your input :)

I'm gearing up...how about y'all?

I remembered the equipment I had before, so I re-purchased what I sold and bought five of each codestone again to facilitate training. I also got one of the training cookies and am thinking that it was a pretty good investment, so I may get some more NC to buy another one when this one runs out in a couple of hours.

Wow a new possible plot after I sold my bd items. Hopefully the battledome wont have to do with all of the plot. Looking at the jellyneo item database, there seems to be some new unreleased stamps. They involve destruct and look a bit darigan/mutant to me. Theres also some random stamps from areas around all of neopia. Thoughts?

Oh won't we like to know :D

But yeah, what are they looking for?

First the gelert in the news is going through what seems to be like a book by the candle light & now this Ixi looking at some notes with a

fireplace in the background. Enlighten us TNT :P

This is probably off the arc but I'll just leave this here for fun:

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppression of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day. (Thomas Jefferson)

..... ok, ok, I'm having too little sleep & too much coffee xD

Wow a new possible plot after I sold my bd items. Hopefully the battledome wont have to do with all of the plot. Looking at the jellyneo item database, there seems to be some new unreleased stamps. They involve destruct and look a bit darigan/mutant to me. Theres also some random stamps from areas around all of neopia. Thoughts?

It will most certainly have to do with the Battledome. TNT has been actively telling us to train as much as we can.Better get more weapons :P

Those stamps are 8+ years old. There's a very good chance they may never be released :(

• 2 weeks later...