ARTY FOLK - Share your art here.

Alishkah

thank you :)

and i really hope to hear more from you. you are an amazing talent.

thanks mate!

i appreciate that!

a krawk. my krawk actually. but.. no stripes :\

krawk_by_edgeheimdal-d64og97.jpg

Now that's a Krawk! (Hopes the bad-pun police aren't listening) LOL VERY impressive drawing! :D

I linked this in the art and animations topic I started on TDN's art board, but since nobody is posting over there, I'll x-post a test of a part of my latest project here. LOL Work in progress of course. A scrolling background. 125 frames, but with 5 key frames and 3 primary frames. This is about 10% the original's size. (It'd be a MUCH larger display and filesize otherwise. LOL) Still a fair bit of work to do, adding varied shades to the grasses. The tree's segment is finished though. But not until after I made this test animation. ;)

Enjoy! :D

Animation1_zpsfd56fc54.gif

I linked this in the art and animations topic I started on TDN's art board, but since nobody is posting over there, I'll x-post a test of a part of my latest project here. LOL Work in progress of course. A scrolling background. 125 frames, but with 5 key frames and 3 primary frames. This is about 10% the original's size. (It'd be a MUCH larger display and filesize otherwise. LOL) Still a fair bit of work to do, adding varied shades to the grasses. The tree's segment is finished though. But not until after I made this test animation. ;)

Enjoy! :D

Animation1_zpsfd56fc54.gif

That looks awesome! It looks like you put a ton of work in for all that grass. It'll look absolutely stunning when you add all the shading. ^_^

Thanks Wildbreeze! it took about 60-90 minutes to draw each of the initial grass keyframes. I divided the sketchbook page in half lengthwise. (These are strips for a scroling background after all) Then I worked the top half of the page, left to right, and then the bottom half. The real trick was to keep the lines going so that even with some filler-lines, everything flows. The base coloring was simple once I got the selection tool to select the lines, and then inverted to select the empty spaces.

The scene with the tree was done similarly. The page divided in half, and the tree and it's Background grass in the top half, and the foreground grass in the bottom half.

The coloring is now done on the tree scene, and the bottom keyframe. I am about 1/3rd of the way done with the final keyframe's coloring. I may do another test after all 3 keyframes are done.

Alishkah, I'm glad you like it! :D

I use really old programs. The new ones have weird interfaces and are too pricey. LOL I use Paint Shop Pro 6 (yes I said 6) And animation shop. Both by Jasc. software, which was before Corel took them over. I've had them for a very long time. Amazingly they still work even in Windows XP. ;)

Anyway, I have 3 primary key-frames. 2 grass frames and 1 tree frame. First, the 2 grass strips, then the tree, and then the 2 grass strips again. Then, between each keyframe, I used my program's Insert Transition ability, to do a WIPE transition between each of the keyframes. I have it set to about 30 frames for each transition at 1/10th of a second per frame. So 125 total frames. I HAVE done wipe transitions on my own, MAJOR PAIN in the rear! ;)

This is just for a partial scene in the video I'm working on. There are also 24 frames that will be something like 3rd person perspective when the characters are added in, (Going down a 1st person style corridor between the grasses) The tree was added in the side-scrolling because in the 24 frame set, I had a root coming through the grass on the right. Added a LOT of work (The whole Tree Keyframe) for one little root. LOL

This would be SO much easier if I knew what I was doing. LOL I've never had any lessons in animation, or art lessons after HIgh school for that matter. After I get more settled into my apartment, I'm planning on looking into some internet art classes, because I'm apparently the only person in the area that does anything with animation. (A local gallery/art owner told me that).

Feel free to ask any more questions. I'm fine with talking about my process. Mainly if it helps others who are interested in animation with their projects (or just for curiosity's sake) I'm fine sharing. LOL

Later!