What is your most recent facepalm moment/noob mistake/realization on neopets?

I realized I don't have the poogle racing avatar yet even though it should be easy to get. So I started betting on poogles and I saw there's an option to feed your favorite. So each time I fed the poogle the tastiest sounding food each time (neggs, candies, etc.) And today I took a closer look and realized those items are actually from my INVENTORY. Derrrrrp! I thought it gave options based on how much you bet.

I fed a poogle a Faerie Queen Negg and who knows what else. Argh!

Several times I've bought super overpriced paintbrush plushies thinking they were real paintbrushes. I get so excited I click without reading... :/

I almost did that with a codestone the other day. Curses! LOL

I get so excited I click without reading... :/

Oh no! I hope they're priced fairly for what they actually are, and not at a price that's maybe good for pb's but exorbitant for plushies. Cuz that'd be some trickery :/

Once I was trying to restock on Kauvara's magic shop and saw a Woodland draik MP... I really couldn't believe it!! So I haggled for it and when I thought I'd get it... I got the "You can only carry 50 items at a time" message. I wanted to cry :'(

I don't remember any situations that actually ended in a facepalm. I expected to have one once when I bet on the Food Club and I accidentally placed like 6 bets with a different pirate than I meant to do, but then that pirate won and I ended up with a huge payout! I know I've done bets like that other times, though, when I have actually lost lots of neopoints, but they don't stick out in my memory. I try to forget...

Another instance would be converting my pets when given the option. I could have left them unconverted, and I would have been much happier with them AND have UC pets. But silly me, I wanted to see what the button would do...

Before the Petpet Protection League there was something like it that was a competition of how long you had attached your petpet onto your pet. I remember getting a new petpet, and having the same petpet for a long long time before deciding it was time to change up the petpet. When I "upgraded", the very next day I saw that there was the competition, and I was literally TWO DAYS away from getting a trophy for having my petpet on for x amount of days.

I was so disappointed and angry xD

I once bought the full petpet lab map for 200k. I was a newb with a 2 month old account and had no idea about these forums yet. I just thought I was getting such a great deal because I had seen them for so much more expensive. You should have seen the look on my face when I reread it in my inventory. :laughingsmiley:

Several times I've bought super overpriced paintbrush plushies thinking they were real paintbrushes. I get so excited I click without reading... :/

I need to be careful. This sounds like something I would do, lol.

Once I was trying to restock on Kauvara's magic shop and saw a Woodland draik MP... I really couldn't believe it!! So I haggled for it and when I thought I'd get it... I got the "You can only carry 50 items at a time" message. I wanted to cry :'(

Oh my goodnesss!!! I'm about to cry for you! :sad02: LOL. But no, seriously. That is just the worst luck ever.

I was literally TWO DAYS away from getting a trophy for having my petpet on for x amount of days.

Moments like that are so frustrating! At least you couldn't have known. With the example of carrying more than 50 items, I've had that happen (although not with anything as desireable as a woodland draik mp) and the worst part is kicking yourself because you "should have known"!

I was playing KeyQuest and near the door I said good game, but I couldn't go through the door because I forgot one key.

lol this isn't so bad! It sounds more like something I would do in real life :laughingsmiley:

I spent the past two weeks trying to figure out why I was unable to transfer a Lemon Chia from my side account to another user. It wasn't until I googled it that I found out that my account wasn't old enough to transfer it out.

I felt really silly, afterwards. Thankfully, the person was going to trade it to understood, so we agreed to try again when my account was old enough.

When I sold a 3 million item for 1 less 0 via auctions.

I'm always terrified of this. Or not clicking "neofriends only" when doing ALP lends. Which reminds me....

The other day I logged in and had a bunch of neofriend requests. I'm thankful I realized why before accepting: I was doing a neofriend auction on the reduced collateral ZDAP. That would have been a serious disaster. Auctions leave a LOT of room for error!

I'm always terrified of this. Or not clicking "neofriends only" when doing ALP lends. Which reminds me....

The other day I logged in and had a bunch of neofriend requests. I'm thankful I realized why before accepting: I was doing a neofriend auction on the reduced collateral ZDAP. That would have been a serious disaster. Auctions leave a LOT of room for error!

Ugh, I did that while being lent ZDAP. D: I was friending a bunch of people at the time to help out on Habi, and so I didn't even think of it. >.< Luckily, the collat wasn't reduced by much, and I only lost out on 200k or something, but still, I felt like such a fool!

So I think this was when I was 10 years old and priced items according to their est. value in the little popup window.

I was returning from a 8-month hiatus, and my dream pet was a Starry Xweetok. (don't judge me :*) About 5 minutes after logging on, Dr. Sloth gave me a Techo Transmogrification Potion. (This was when they were about 210k.) Being the nooby ten-year-old that I was, I put it in my shop for 87k. Somebody bought it and I used the nps to buy an overpriced Starry PB at 95k.

I kick myself every time I remember.

I opened a box that worth 2 million, before i saw that it worth 2 mils

im still sad of that mistake :C

with 2 mil i could atleast buy the secret lab map pieces... ;~;

this box is really rare to get and i got it from random event [something has happened]

AND MORE SOMETHING IMPORTANT -

the craft faerie is going crazy on me, when i get faerie quest so its must be EVERY. SINGLE. TIME from her o_ o

so i dont have NC and its makes me sad to cancel her quests...

AND YES TODAY I GOT AGAIN QUEST FROM HER ._. and now i need to cancel it at my 6th/7th time D:<<

I received a quest that I thought was from the Fountain Faerie and was so excited I ran up and down the hall of my dorm cheering only to find out I had mistook her with ther Water Faerie. Loll