Extending Premium

Lady Lyuba

I'm having trouble extending my Premium, which will expire on the 23rd of December. So, I decided to go and extend it or TRY to....and when I clicked on the plan for 1 month (because that is all I can afford this month), guess what I got!? The only membership plan was 12 MONTHS!!!! I CANNOT AFFORD THAT! :evil_notsmiling: What is the meaning of this!? I only want to select 1 month to extend my premium membership, and by January I can go back to paying for 4 months. BECAUSE TWELVE MONTHS IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! Does this mean I have to wait until the 23rd to buy new Premium membership I want to do it now and no way am I paying that much!

I know the ticket system is awful, but this question really is not for a fansite like us. Please open a ticket with TNT and see how they can help you. They have a special "Premium Membership" category that you can use.

If I go to "upgrade my plan", I only get the discounted yearly option. My guess is that if I wanted to downgrade, I would need to cancel my current membership and get a new one...

Yuck, so I guess there is no way to downgrade? On other sites I can extend my premium membership while I still have my current one running, such as on DeviantART. How quality of you, Neopets. :evil_notsmiling: I don't think this is an error at all, nor do I think TNT will help me when I file a ticket. It seems that they don't want you to downgrade or extend your premium when you have your current running. I don't want to have to wait, nor do I want to spend $60 on a yearly plan. How stupid! Your post told me right away what their plan is. They should allow people to extend premium without having to wait until their current runs out! I only want to pay for one month right now because that is all I can afford, and then pay for the 4 month in January! Over $60 for a 12-month premium is too stupidly expensive. Even DeviantART is way cheaper than that!! ($29.99 for 12 months premium there). I'm beginning to hate Neopets for this...well, it's more TNT I have issues with, but still....premium should be more affordable and you shouldn't have to wait till it runs out to add more premium months!

There is a current sale on that has yearly premium at $20 off. (I know you want to downgrade due to costs but maybe yearly at $20 off is more affordable for you :) )

I don't have premium but hopefully his weeks editorial may help you when picking a reduced plan? They make it sound like you just pick the plan you want and it will be applied to your next billing date? Or did they just word it oddly?!

Hey TNT, Merry Christmas. I want to take advantage of the Premium Holiday Offer but I couldn't find how to go about it! I clicked on Manage Membership, but you can only cancel and I don't want to do that! Thanks for a great Y14; looking forward to next year! ~fleurbellestarr

You were on the right track. :) Existing members can take advantage of the holiday sale by going here and clicking the upgrade button. You will then have the option to choose the reduced yearly plan. Please keep in mind that it will be applied on your next billing cycle, so if your current year ends in March, the discount will be applied after that point. Please be aware that the sale price doesn't renew, and after a year the membership price will return to standard.

There is a current sale on that has yearly premium at $20 off. (I know you want to downgrade due to costs but maybe yearly at $20 off is more affordable for you :) )

I don't have premium but hopefully his weeks editorial may help you when picking a reduced plan? They make it sound like you just pick the plan you want and it will be applied to your next billing date? Or did they just word it oddly?!

Hey TNT, Merry Christmas. I want to take advantage of the Premium Holiday Offer but I couldn't find how to go about it! I clicked on Manage Membership, but you can only cancel and I don't want to do that! Thanks for a great Y14; looking forward to next year! ~fleurbellestarr

You were on the right track. :) Existing members can take advantage of the holiday sale by going here and clicking the upgrade button. You will then have the option to choose the reduced yearly plan. Please keep in mind that it will be applied on your next billing cycle, so if your current year ends in March, the discount will be applied after that point. Please be aware that the sale price doesn't renew, and after a year the membership price will return to standard.

No, $50 is still too expensive for me. UNLESS I don't pay until AFTER I'm billed....is that what the Editorial is saying? Still, they should make downgrading WITHOUT canceling possible. That's what plenty of other sites do!

No, $50 is still too expensive for me. UNLESS I don't pay until AFTER I'm billed....is that what the Editorial is saying? Still, they should make downgrading WITHOUT canceling possible. That's what plenty of other sites do!

I *think* that's what they're trying to say... you will pay after your current billing cycle is over.

Very confusing system :(

I *think* that's what they're trying to say... you will pay after your current billing cycle is over.

Very confusing system :(

Now I worry I'll not have enough money when the time comes. :( This IS confusing, why does it have to be this way?! I don't like how this Premium works. At least it's better than having to be invited to join like the old Premium was.