Hello

Aquamentis12

Hi all. I signed up a bit ago, and yet not too long ago. ;)

I've been playing Neopets for about 9 years now. Or rather, my account is that old. I've taken occassional breaks over the years. It does get dull when about the only thing one is decent at is gaming on Neo. Playing the games every day does get tedious and eventually boring after all. ;)

I can't RS worth a darn, gaming is my main source of NP, which I'm sure you guys know that that's the SLOW way. lol But I'm fairly good at battling. I generally don't do 2p battles though. I prefer to take on the 1p opponents and see if my luck in budget battling, strategy and tactics will win the day, or if I'll flame out in bitter defeat.

Usually I can make either a strong go of it, or pull off an upset-win against an opponent that's stronger than my pet.

Of course, without species and faerie abilties in the new BD, that becomes an ever more interesting challenge.

Just before the Old BD went down, I finished off all of the Defenders of Neopia trophies I hadn't gotten yet. Same with the avatars, except for Punchbag Sid. Haven't seen him yet.

I use my equipment for as long as it remains viable to me. Until it holds me back, and that's when I start to look for an upgrade. But you shouldn't discount certain types of gear too much imho.

Why even something as weak as a bubble blaster CAN be useful depending on your opponent and it's equipment. ;)

It's all in how you build your pet, the enemy, the enemy's gear and how you plan your moves. oh, and always, always, a bit of luck. ;)

I used to be a semi-regular to regular over at http://idb/finalhit.org some of you may know that site. It went down sadly awhile back, it's webhost apparently went under and didn't warn it's customers about it beforehand. :(

Anyway, I'm part of a pretty cool guild. Small in number, but strong in quality. We don't accept new members often, cuts down on drama, you know? They're in fact, the main reason I start playing neo again after I take a break for a little while. You miss yer friends, you're gonna go see how they are,right?

Anyway, outside of Neopets, I enjoy various forms of art, Visual and written. I'm self-learning animation as a hobby. Right now it's a hobby, but I'd like to make a greater use out of it someday. Not sure what I'll change this blank avatar to, but it'll likely be something animated. lol And no, I generally don't do requests. ;)

I think that's it for now. Nice to meet you all. I'm not HUGE on forum posting, but I do sometimes look around and if I feel I have something to add to the conversation, I just might. ;)

Later!

Welcome to TDN Forums! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here, lurking or posting. :evil:

I find that my guild also keeps me active on Neopets. :)

lol Thank you everyone.

I am a bit surprised that on my profile page, my avatar animates (A couple of screenshots of an Aquamentis from the short-lived cartoon based on original The Legend of Zelda video game for the NES) But when I check it out on the forums, it doesn't animate, I only see it's glowing eyes. Anyone know what that's about?

I know it's a bit of info, though I didn't give it all out. LOL

Could someone tell me if it's ok to link to a youtube channel? I have one for some of my animation projects, and one that has video of songs my recently late father, his younger brothers, (also deceased) and their dad (my grandpa, who's still alive at 90), playing old Irish and folksy songs for a St. Patrick's Day celebration back in 1984.

I have no training in animation, or the arts. So I experiment by trial and error. And somehow I think I end with a decent result. ;) Still got LOADS to learn though.

I do have some old neopets-based images I MIGHT finish, or create and animated gif file for them, and maybe upload them someday. ;) I was kinda browsing them tonight, and thinking about it. ;)

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!

Wow. After looking at your look-up I can see you've been working on your BD pet for quite some time. :) Congratulations on such a high level and also on your trophy collection. :P

I'm also quite terrible at RS so as you can see you are not alone in that respect. I rely on habi and the stock market for most of my income and I try and game occasionally - but as you mentioned it can get tedious.

I'm Xandria and it's nice to meet you. Hope to be seeing you around the forums!

Thanks all. In honesty, I'm not a big forum person. So I'm sorry it's been so long since I checked this thread.

karmacow

Well, one should be ok, my channel I used for animations put to either music or poetry I've written. One video, uses the music from a song from other channel below. The animations are mostly pixel-art style. but 100% original art that I either sketched or did completely on the computer. Although, the one music video up on this channel, is a song about World War 1 I believe. So there is some animated violence in there.

The other channel... I might have to ask the admins to play/listen to first. These were old mostly Irish folk songs. That my late father, his younger brothers (also passed) and my grandpa (still kicking at age90) performed back in 1984.

Not the bawdy versions of some of the songs, but cleaner ones. In some songs there would be some minor reference to alcohol. I finally finished transcribing the lyrics to all 25 songs in this 2nd youtube channel.

~Xandria~

Thanks! I've actually gotten rusty at games from my last hiatus from the site. But I always come back to see my friends. XD

There are some... heck, MANY games I know I won't get trophies for. Kass Basher being one of them. I've had the tree TWICE in the years it's been around, and misseed Kass EACH time. lol I can get to 1174 otherwise with the bat, with good timing and a bit of luck ;)

Koralis

Thanks, and yeah. Trial for now. I hope to prove myself good enough to get beyond the trial run. I don't know everything, but I'm decent enough to know I've still things to learn. The trial period is a good way to do that though. Good time for learning administrative skills and stuff.

Thank you again to everyone for the warm welcome. I've been busy the lsat couple of days, getting ready for Christmas and all. I'll be trying to get on here a bit more regularly after the holidays.

Merry Early Christmas! And Happy Apocolypse survival day! (World 1 Mayans 0) lol ;)