I May Have A Tip About The Sick Petpet!

Rotsuoy

Okay, so I'm using Firefox, now, mind you, I have a very swift internet connection, so I have no idea if this will happen if you have a slower internet speed. . .

. . .well, on Firefox, I had a few tabs open, plot tips, my inventory (dunno why), something else, and well, the page of the sick petpet.

I tried a few different methods and I noticed that the one where you wait five seconds after the time, then five more, and so on (here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/11968-i-found-the-secret-to-healing-the-vaeolus-petpet/ ) actually worked, BUT, each time, after I was about the click it, the name of the tab would flash momentarily as if refreshing.

Could this be a key to help know when to check in on the petpet? Tell me if it works for you and if you see it! I really wanna know!~<3

Here's my log I kept as I healed him, but your answers will be different.

12:07:05 I Bandaged him

12:08:12 I checked in and gave him Medicine

12:09:18 I checked in and Bandaged him (this is the first time I noticed the flash)

12:10:24 Saw the flash, checked in, and gave him Medicine

12:11:28 Waited for the flash, checked in, and Waited

12:12:33 Waited for the flash, checked in, and Bandaged him

12:13:13 Waited for the flash, checked in, and Waited

12:14:20 Waited for the flash, checked in, and Fed him

12:15:25 Waited for the flash, checked in, and Waited

12:16:33 Waited for the flash, checked in, Waited

12:17:35 This is when I checked in, dismayed because I thought I might have messed up, but saw the skeith!

Hmm. I am not sure as I already finished the plot, but hopefully this will be good for other players who get stuck. I believe that part took awhile for me. I'm glad I learned the trick about the part with all of the wheels and gears. If you need help with that just let me know. All I did was open like 12 tabs and refresh them all and I got it automatically. I figured I'd let you know in advance because I tried doing it the really hard way the first time. -_-

Try using Chrome, maybe?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts meet the 7 word minimum.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I refreshed completely randomly, most of the time right after the minute passed. Most guides I've looked at say it doesn't matter about the seconds as long as you wait until the next minute. i.e. start at 1:23:57, refresh at 1:24:03

I'm still stuck on this part. I've followed so many guides and just can't get it >.<

You have to stay on the page until you've tended to the pet ten times, then once more to get the skeith to appear. When you first start by going to the sick petpet's page, don't click 'Check up', just do whatever you have to that corresponds with the petpet's expression (tongue lulled out = feed, green faced = medicine, head down = wait, paw up = bandage).

TRUST me, very few people get it on their first try.

• 3 months later...

Many people suggest writing down the time, the petpet's status, and your action. It helps you keep track of what you need to do. It worked for me.

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck here too, but I'm going to try again in a few days. I need to do it at home, not at work, haha!

Also, a question: the medicine is not listed when I tried it the first time! I did the walk-through guide, but I am sure I did something totally wrong...no biggie, I will try again this weekend!

Thanks for the tips!!

Thank you, Xepha for your help! :)

The plot has been so confusing to me. I'm gettin' old, haha! :snitch:

I'd agree with an above post, make sure to check in after the minute changes over. I just completed the plot, so I got it on the first try this way. Basically, just do the action that corresponds with the petpet, then wait until the clock turns to the next minute, and about 5 seconds past the hour, refresh the page and do another action. A good way to keep track of the number of actions is to check the webpage address - itll have the last number prior to your current action near the end.

Good luck!