Regrets

marpo

I used to regret my username and wish I had used something cooler, but I don't care anymore.

I guess I regret missing most of the plots like the Version 2 Neopets plot thingy because I was too young to realise what was going on.

My biggest regret is converting my pets. I remember when they came out with Customization, and asked if you wanted to convert your pets. I didn't know what it was, so I clicked the button, and I have been incredibly disappointed ever since.

I also (mildly) regret my participation in the Tale of Woe plot. I didn't know you'd get more prizes if you defeated the BD opponents multiple times. I totally could have defeated them more times, but I didn't even think to!

My shoyru

My UC rare, plushie Shoyru

*facepalm*

It's a friggin string of numbers!!!!

I used to do this thing where i would find a name I wanted.. then string a bunch of numbers on it

I forgot to put a name on her... and this was the result :sad02: :thumbsdown: :grrr:

I'm extremely mad at my 2nd grade self lo

At least you got a create a uc plushie. I wish I had a chance to hand paint a uc instead of penny-trading/offering outrageously expensive customs for one. Not getting a uc is definitely my worst regret.

When I made my account 5-ish years ago, when I was 10, I had just discovered underscores and thought they were the coolest thing ever. And I also thought you needed a bunch of random numbers on names or they wouldn't be accepted. :P

Yeah that's me with the underscores lol. But at least I don't have my original account anymore, which was something like starlightbrat245...-pukes-

The Faerie's Ruin plot was the first plot I ever encountered despite having a 6.5 year account (and a 12 year one before that which I still have access to) not counting the Altador one. I was so excited and did all the events... until the Wraiths got too strong for me in the Battledome. I never trained my BD pet much.

I was so irritated because I thought I would never be able to complete the plot. So I stopped. Actually, I quit neopets then (like I usually do) and went on a 2 year hiatus.

When I came back, I realized I could claim prizes with the points I had and got a Faerie PB. I wish I had just continued with the plot. I would've had a cooler trophy. Lol.

Now I wish there was another plot. Haha.

I regret selling a faerie paintbrush. I got a lot of money for it but I wish I had of used it on my neopet. Now I can't bring myself to buy another one.

Definitely forgetting the password to my very first account which had an amazing gelert on it and plenty of rare items and a bit of money. I'm sure if I had some of the items in that account now, I would be very rich.

You could probably still get your password. I went on a one year hiatus and in that time TNT had added a number to my password and I had no idea how to get back into it because also the email address added to it was blocked so I couldn't even get the reset password. I emailed them about it and I just had to give over the information I could remember about the account, like any old passwords I had and date of birth, little things and they set me back up within 24 hours. Lucky because I don't think I'd be playing neopets if I couldn't get back into my original account.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Gulsanga, I have the same regret! I think we all have that old account we'd love to get into. I don't know about you but my account is from before birthdays were a big validation thing, and I don't think I used my real one. I don't remember enough details to get it back.

I regret buying the secret shore map on about the FIRST day it came out. I paid 700k and I think it's worth what? 2k now? But I got the avatar in the first week, which I might not have otherwise. Everything happens for a reason I guess!

Gulsanga, I have the same regret! I think we all have that old account we'd love to get into. I don't know about you but my account is from before birthdays were a big validation thing, and I don't think I used my real one. I don't remember enough details to get it back.

I regret buying the secret shore map on about the FIRST day it came out. I paid 700k and I think it's worth what? 2k now? But I got the avatar in the first week, which I might not have otherwise. Everything happens for a reason I guess!

Wow, really? When was this? I had no idea the forgotten shore map pieces used to be so pricey. Were they not given out by the anchor management daily at that time? Since you've had it for so long though surely you've gotten your NPs worth regardless. :P

Regret not saving the email and details for my first account I created in 2003? Regret spending nps on dubloons for my gallery as they've depreciated! Regret not stocking up on more Red codes when they depreciated, as they're starting to rise again. Um ... regret spending 3 mill on WoE, but then I guess that's got to be done at some point.

Regret not saving the email and details for my first account I created in 2003? Regret spending nps on dubloons for my gallery as they've depreciated! Regret not stocking up on more Red codes when they depreciated, as they're starting to rise again. Um ... regret spending 3 mill on WoE, but then I guess that's got to be done at some point.

OH NO. D: The red codestones are starting to rise again? That's no good. Maybe we still have some time to stock up though, just in case they go back to there normal prices.

Me too! I was just thinking that this morning when I got a piece of the map from Anchor Management! Although I suppose I did make back my NP when I got a Draik Egg from the shore, but I still could have waited to buy the map.

Wow, really? When was this? I had no idea the forgotten shore map pieces used to be so pricey. Were they not given out by the anchor management daily at that time? Since you've had it for so long though surely you've gotten your NPs worth regardless. :P

Qullaso, at that time, the Anchor Management daily was new, and it was the only way to get the map pieces. Thus, supply was low and demand was high, so they were expensive. They stayed expensive for awhile while everyone clamored to get the Forgotten Shore, and then demand went way down because people had no use for the map pieces. Also, since people continued to do Anchor Management and get map pieces, and nobody was using them to complete the map, supply went way up, too. So, with supply high and demand low, they steadily deflated until now, when they are worth almost nothing.

Lamppost, that is a great explanation of how it happened. When Anchor Management started giving out the pieces, I predicted it would be like the secret laboratory: some pieces would be extremely rare, and a full set would be very expensive.

I would regret it much more if I had passed and the price had gone way up. We regret what we didn't buy the most, right? Also, someone else remembers the awesome time they made 700k off something that turned out to be nearly worthless. I'm happy for them!

I regret selling a faerie paintbrush. I got a lot of money for it but I wish I had of used it on my neopet. Now I can't bring myself to buy another one.

You could probably still get your password. I went on a one year hiatus and in that time TNT had added a number to my password and I had no idea how to get back into it because also the email address added to it was blocked so I couldn't even get the reset password. I emailed them about it and I just had to give over the information I could remember about the account, like any old passwords I had and date of birth, little things and they set me back up within 24 hours. Lucky because I don't think I'd be playing neopets if I couldn't get back into my original account.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Unfortunately I was not old enough for neomail back then so I used a fake birthdate so I would have no restrictions on the account, or else that would have been great. Glad you got yours back though :)

Unfortunately I was not old enough for neomail back then so I used a fake birthdate so I would have no restrictions on the account, or else that would have been great. Glad you got yours back though :)

Haha I used a fake birth date as well but I made my brother log on and look at his neofriends because the age comes up next to it and I worked it out from there. That's such a shame you can't get back in though :(

I have quite a few regrets, most of which have been mentioned already. My greatest regrets are:

1. Converting my pets. I will never forgive myself for that. Ever.

2. Missing out on just about EVERY plot, AC and other site events because I had no idea they were on, or what they were.

3. Accidently hitting accept instead of decline to an offer for my Baby PB. It was a TCG that I STILL have in my shop, for less than 4k.

4. Not understanding how the Shop Wizard worked. Up until about 2 and a half years ago I thought it showed the absolute cheapest.

5. Buying TWO sets of the Secret Lab Map literally days before the upgrade.

6. Buying two sets of the Secret Lab Map.

I regret falling for a scam where she said she just wanted to give me a baby paintbrush and come to find out she was a seller so because I accepted it I was frozen and lost my amazing account but I learned not to take anything from people and just earn it myself.

All I really regret is my horrible username. What was I thinking?..

I never really did anything nooby like selling items too low, I can't think of any other types of things. I'd rather not remember anyway. :laughingsmiley:

Haha me too. I absolutely hate my username :(

My biggest regret is converting my pets. I remember when they came out with Customization, and asked if you wanted to convert your pets. I didn't know what it was, so I clicked the button, and I have been incredibly disappointed ever since.

My biggest regret too. I don't think I gave it much thought when they mentioned converting so I went ahead and did it without a second thought.

I also wish I'd have paid attention to the events. I missed out on years worth of stuff because I didn't visit regularly enough or I didn't understand what was going on. :*

• 10 months later...

I sold my Leaf Shield for 1K.

1) That should be useful until now.

2) Wrong price

I adopted a badly named pet (qwe9639) but, I feel better now for painting her and training her stats

I used to forget my passwords and usernames -_-

I pretty much did a lot of stuff I regret now.

The worst thing I did is quitting a Key Quest game (I feel shame now.)

My regret... scratching a scratchcard instead of selling it. gosh, I managed to scratch six blanks!

They should give a prize for thát!

DbB5BdK.png

OMG!!! Talk about bad luck! I don't think such a thing has ever happened to me, and I scratch these everyday... :O

My regrets...

1) Converting my pets. I just clicked the button without thinking, really.

2) Being too young to understand what plots and events (like the AC) were, and that there were sites that helped with them. Seriously, it took me like 3 years just to find out there was a "New Features" page! But then again, back then my English was horrible, so I didn't have the habit to explore much of the site.

3) Missing The Faeries' Ruin. GAAAAH! It seemed like the most awesome plot ever, but I was away from Neopets. MAN, do I regret it!

4) Giving my pets way too long names. Actually I only found out that short, pretty names were actually a thing this year... here on TDN.

5) Selling a piece of the Secret Lab Map for 1k. I was very new to the site then...

6) Not caring for trophies, training my pets or using my shop for maaaany years. Gash.