Question about zapping pets?

~Xandria

Was just curious about a couple of things. First off; how many lab rays do you have? I only have one at the moment but was thinking of saving up for one more. Thoughts? Should I wait till I actually have the neopoints to spend? Cause if I do get it I'll be broke, but I want to zap more than one a day. :laughingsmiley:

Also, do you usually create pets to zap (to guarantee they have a good name) or do you pound search? I'm not sure which option would be quicker, and I have found some WN pound pets. (but they're rare)

Final question: Do you zap the same pet over and over again until you get something good? Or - do you eventually start zapping another pet?

Thanks guys :3 Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I can do this one! :P

I have two lab rays. I bought the first on my old main when they were much, much cheaper - as a matter of fact, I bought my hubby one and the prices had started to rise almost to the point they're at now. And then when I got the new main, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought another lab ray. I've only ever used pound pets for zapping; I figure if I want something super special, I'll have to name it and hand paint it? I guess what I mean with that is when I create a pet (now, anyway - before I knew much about naming was a different story!) I do it with something in mind that I want to do with that pet. I only have one transfer a month with the new account, so I haven't done anything with my other lab ray for a while. Once I get done transferring around all my avatar pets, I'll be able to start zapping on my side again, but for now it's inactive. I keep zapping a pet until I get something really nice, and then I quit, and find another adoptee! :D

I've had two maps for about eight years now but I'm going to put my third together in a couple days, once I get the last piece. My first map is currently gathering cobwebs, and the second I switch between two pets. When one turns into something I like temporarily, I start zapping the other pet until I get tired of that form. It's weird but I still don't know what I want either pet to be :P

My new map is going to be for adopting WN pets from the pound and zapping for the guild I'm going to join that gives away dreamies.

As for spending vs saving, I like to keep 15 mil in the bank and only spend what I make over that, but that's just me. I'm poor irl so I like to have a cushion in my virtual bank account :D

I have two rays at the moment. I've had my main for years and years. I just created the maximum amount of sides recently and bought one more ray so I could zap more than once per day. I had some amazing snipes/REs over the past week and was able to put together full maps for my other 3 for less than 1 mil total and at the moment I'm trying to decide whether to give them to my sides or sell them because that would be a lot of profit for me. I would say wait though til you have more NP. It makes me feel better to have a nice cushion in the bank in case anything comes up that I must have immediately and if I didn't have that there would be no question that I would sell my other maps for profit.

I always go to the pound for my lab rats. I've never really had trouble finding good names (Xxxx... format) in the pound and I really enjoy pound surfing anyways.

When I stop zapping depends on what the zap is. Normally I start anew when I get a zap because I'd hate to waste the colour. If the colour is just something like speckled, striped, electric, Christmas it wouldn't bother me to keep zapping though. I'm also part of ZYDP (which I think some others here are too) and I always check their wishlist first to see if I can adopt the pet out.

Ideally for me, I really want Desert Xweetok clothes so I always adopt Xwees and zap them until I get a colour change (then I put them UFA and find a new one in the pound) or I get a species change and then (colour change or not) they go back to the pound so I can start fresh with another Xwee.

I used to have 5, but now I have 4. I have to say I'm a real lab addict. Personally I tend to look in the pound for a good name, no matter what the species or color. Then I proceed on zapping that pet until I get something that I like. Eventually I might get sick of a certain pet, in that case I'll just pound them again.

Haven't had anything good for quite some time now though...

I have 2 Lab Rays ... and enough money to buy a 3rd one ... but I really don't need it ... I got all my dreamies ... I zap my main pet for Status and the other just for fun ... and it's the same ones over and over .. I got some nice zaps in the past but nothing soooooo amazing ...

I have 2 rays and, since I have my dreamies, I like to adopt pets to zap and give away. Though sometimes I zap a cute colour/species combo and end up keeping them... xD

I like to adopt pets from the pound if possible, and try to get decent names. I might zap someone's dream pet, but if the name sucks, then it's not as fun :(

I usually use Lost Quiggle to adopt because you can search ALL the pets in the pound to find names you like :D

I only have one lab map. :) I just adopt pets to zap- I find trying to find a name for a pet I create to be kind of stressful, lol, so pound surfing is the way to go for me. :D

I adopted both Ansteigen and Mneryth, and zapped them until they ended up as colours I liked/found a colour I wanted them to be, and then painted them. I've been looking for a new lab pet, but I haven't been able to find a name I like yet. Once I do, I'll zap until it's a nice colour, and then give it away.

I have three lab rays and I typically create the pets myself, because I think it's more fun to create the names myself. but if I find either a cool name in the pound - or a limited edition pet with a decent name, I sometimes adopt and zap. I always stop zapping when I get a nice colour. Except if it's a poogle and the colour isn't *that* nice, then I keep zapping in the hopes of MSPP.

If you'd really like another lab ray and you aren't saving for anything else, I say go for it. Unless you'll literally be broke. It's nice to have at least some money in case of faerie quests and such.

I have one lab ray, but it's really not that notable since I don't have any side accounts. I've only been zapping one pet since I got it. I might stop zapping one day if I ever get a good species/color combination, but for now I'm doing it to raise her battle stats. Because of that, I probably won't stop zapping before she has 750 HP and strength.

I personally own three maps, one for each of the browsers on my computer. I have three pets that are kind of permanent lab pets that I just haven't decided what to do with them yet. I just am zapping for stats until I decide because I really like their names. I like having my three zaps a day though, I hope that some day I start zapping for others but I can't seem to bring myself to doing that unless I figure out what I want for those three guys.