The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

I got all but 15 on number 30 on my first try...wish me luck for the next few times.

I'm still stuck on 25 and 27 as well....

Edit: Nevermind. I got it on my second try. (By the way. I use the mouse pad on my HP laptop, not an external one...)

Side note: Did the forum layout change for everyone last night?

Well, it's time for the final puzzle but since I've been hopelessly lost with 16 and 27, then I'm considering myself to be out of the running for NC cards.

However, I must give props to the creators of this puzzle challenge - it was really way more fun than ANY of the Neopets events I've seen since my return in 2011. Really well done! The prizes and challenges were great, and I hope this event will become an annual tradition. Good job, everyone!

Izzy or someone, anyone HELP!

Every time I click "I'm Ready" on the last puzzle the game doesn't start. No sign of it loading, it's like it's not registering I am even clicking the button at all. I tried restarting. I tried going into a different browser. Nothing. What do I do? :sad02:

I got it to work but now I can't seem to get the whole game screen to fit in the window so I can see both my score and the game at the same time. Did anyone else have this issue?

I got 30, only by alternating between clicking my mouse and clicking the button on my trackpad when my fingers got tired. :D

I got it to work but now I can't seem to get the whole game screen to fit in the window so I can see both my score and the game at the same time. Did anyone else have this issue?

If I had the whole game screen in my window, I couldn't see my score. Just click away and hope you get it.

Thanks a bunch! I sure do hate these butterflies, my baby daughter keeps looking at me all confused because I keep saying "sit still! no.. no, not you baby, these darned butterflies. I SAID SIT STILL! Once again, not you baby" and so on and so on lol

EDIT: #27 is solved! FINALLY! GAHHH so happy :laughingsmiley:

Finally clicked enough to get #30 :D

Have to say - doing it on an old slow computer (at work) is MUCH easier than on a super fast one (at home) :P

So all done except #1. Silly me...

Many thanks to Izzy et al for such a great competition - as others have said - much better than anything TNT have done for a while!

I've only tried two times, but from I can tell, you're better off just clicking randomly, rather than aiming at them, because they disappear so quickly.

Um - I only managed to do it when I aimed, rather than just randomly clicking. Keep your mouse over a fairly small area. I found the paving area easiest as it's plainer.

btw, if anyone is still trying to solve #2, I gave a pretty major clue recently...

Hey! So, on #29 I got the puzzle but can't find the answer. I even searched it on gooogle, found the item I was looking for, typed it in, and it was incorrect. Can someone please confirm with me?? :(

Nevermind, it worked the second time

Sigh, still 25,27 and 30 to go. I'd love to solve all of these puzzles.....

EDIT 1 Got #30

lol, this was one I was actually going to randomly guess and it would've actually been right XD

Thanks a bunch! I sure do hate these butterflies, my baby daughter keeps looking at me all confused because I keep saying "sit still! no.. no, not you baby, these darned butterflies. I SAID SIT STILL! Once again, not you baby" and so on and so on lol

EDIT: #27 is solved! FINALLY! GAHHH so happy :laughingsmiley:

Glad you finally got it! I hope my clue helped. ^_^

I think I am the only one who isn't gonna get #30. My arthritis isn't gonna allow me to continue. This makes me really sad. I got down to 6 remaining but my hand is in too bad of shape for me to push and keep going. I don't know what to do now :sad01_anim:

I don't even know what to say other than there are some truly amazing people on this site. Thank you so much for "hinting" me the answer. You didn't have to do that and for that I am thankful. It was a total surprise of the best kind. :laughingsmiley:

Oh and thank you to everyone and anyone that posted any sort of hint towards any of the puzzles. Even though I didn't need a hint for a lot of them, someone got use out of each one and that is really great.

Lastly, thank you to Izzy, this was one of the most fun things I have done in awhile (minus #2 that was just frustration wrapped in brain hurt with a side of confusing sauce) and I hope this becomes a regular thing.

Now I am just left wondering "what I am gonna do with all of this free time I will have now?" lol

:O

I didn't think about how today is the last day. I have to finish them all now. D;

20, 27, 29, and 30 to go. My hand is getting tired. =[

Edit: I got 30. Haha. It really wasn't that hard took a few minutes. But i remember looking down and I had 6 butterflies and 6 seconds left and I started clicking like crazy. XD

Puzzle Information

Status

Day 1 - Pictured Numbers SOLVED!

Day 2 - The Domino Effect SOLVED!

Day 3 - Logic Rules SOLVED!

Day 4 - Honeycomb SOLVED!

Day 5 - Background Numbers SOLVED!

Day 6 - Wearable Wordfind SOLVED!

Day 7 - Puzzling Picture SOLVED!

Day 8 - Evil Characters SOLVED!

Day 9 - Staff Scores SOLVED!

Day 10 - Crossword SOLVED!

Day 11 - Double Elimination SOLVED!

Day 12 - Hexagons Clues SOLVED!

Day 13 - Match-Ups SOLVED!

Day 14 - Ice Cave MazeSOLVED!

Day 15 - Linked Words SOLVED!

Day 16 - Weapon List SOLVED!

Day 17 - Word Placement SOLVED!

Day 18 - Underwater Scramble SOLVED!

Day 19 - Flower Numbers SOLVED!

Day 20 - Paper Riddle SOLVED!

Day 21 - Wordoku SOLVED!

Day 22 - Word Circle SOLVED!

Day 23 - Missing Parts SOLVED!

Day 24 - Elephante Letters SOLVED!

Day 25 - Nova Star SOLVED!

Day 26 - Sudoku SOLVED!

Day 27 - Mootix Square SOLVED!

Day 28 - Spot-the-Difference SOLVED!

Day 29 - Circle of Letter SOLVED!

Day 30 - Catching Butterflies SOLVED!

This.

Would have never happened without the halp of many really awesome people on the forum!

An, most of all, thank you Izzy!

I don't know what I'd be doing right now without these awesome puzzles

I enjoyed every hair-pulling fork-stabbing brain-crushing moment

Ugh! Was doing so well then got super busy the last few days and just realised I have to finish them all in the next....hour! Puzzle #27 will be the death of me, all I see is 14 and I can't make use of any of the clues!! Barely even tried yet with those butterflies :/ But this has been super fun so thanks Izzy for entertaining me for the past month! Hope there will be one next year, and definitely agree that this beats TNT's stuff (GMC I'm looking at you...)

Anybody mind sharing some last minute hints with me? :rolleyes_anim:

Can't give you too much help, as I'm stuck on all the same ones except 20! But for 20, I think it's been kind of hinted at but just to make it clear I guess, all you need to work it out is that piece of paper, no neopets research needed! But as for a more helpful hint, look at the common themes throughout the message and think about what they might mean (not sure if I'm being too cryptic, or not cryptic enough :/)

Edit: Hrmm I think I might be having the same problem that Darthenia did, the butterflies puzzle is acting up, but as I can't get #27, I don't think it's going to matter!