Rubbish Avatar

The Bandit

Hi all - I'm currently trying for the 'rubbish' avvie and am looking for some advice.

I read a neopets help page that claimed that to get the 'rubbish' avvie you have to have discarded exactly 5,000 items.

Haven't seen this anywhere else - does anyone know for a fact that this is or isn't true?

Thanks

:rolleyes_anim:

No one knows the exact solution to unlocking this avatar. When it was first released, the news suggested that there were several steps to unlocking it, yet most people seemed to get the achievement randomly when discarding items via quickstock.

Some people have gotten it after discarding a few hundred items, some get it way over 5k items.

All we know for sure is that it has something to do with discarding items via quickstock... so good luck! lol :P

-raises hand- I, too, discarded roughly 5k items. :) Not all at once, but over a month or so, then with a big dump of about 2k items at the end. Good luck getting yours!

And yeah, it really was a brilliant idea of someones! :)

i am currently trying for this avatar. i'm doing it slowly though. after i bought about 3k items worth of junk and discarded it, i got too tired. so i mostly discard junk i get from keyquest, dailies, or the money tree now

i am currently trying for this avatar. i'm doing it slowly though. after i bought about 3k items worth of junk and discarded it, i got too tired. so i mostly discard junk i get from keyquest, dailies, or the money tree now

I agree. I'm currently trying for both the rubbish dump and the packrat avatar. I think it's easier to get the packrat avatar out of the way first, if you haven't already. That way you already have 1k of junk in your safety deposit box, so after that you can just keep stuffing random items in there until you have about 5k worth. Then set aside some time to discard it all via quickstock. If you already have the packrat avatar then just save everything you come across. Unlike the packrat avatar, I don't think it matters if you have 10 of the same item or not. Using the moneytree for junk items to the limit of 10 per day will help you along. Also, running across 1np items in peoples shops should help. If you check the neoboards you will sometimes find people who just got the packrat avatar so they sell everything in there shop for 1np. I'd try to go about it the cheapest way possible, but that's just me. ^_^

Good luck to you!

I agree. I'm currently trying for both the rubbish dump and the packrat avatar. I think it's easier to get the packrat avatar out of the way first, if you haven't already. That way you already have 1k of junk in your safety deposit box, so after that you can just keep stuffing random items in there until you have about 5k worth. Then set aside some time to discard it all via quickstock. If you already have the packrat avatar then just save everything you come across. Unlike the packrat avatar, I don't think it matters if you have 10 of the same item or not. Using the moneytree for junk items to the limit of 10 per day will help you along. Also, running across 1np items in peoples shops should help. If you check the neoboards you will sometimes find people who just got the packrat avatar so they sell everything in there shop for 1np. I'd try to go about it the cheapest way possible, but that's just me. ^_^

Good luck to you!

Xandria, I myself am trying for three avvies at once: packrat, rubbish, and drackonack! drackonack refreshing is giving me random items to put into my safety deposit box to do the packrat and once done with that I will be put all valuables into my shop and selling haha! so this rubbish avvie is probably the more important but most annoying one I'm doing right now! Good luck with yours, maybe I'll send you some of my dung for the avvie ;)

Xandria, I myself am trying for three avvies at once: packrat, rubbish, and drackonack! drackonack refreshing is giving me random items to put into my safety deposit box to do the packrat and once done with that I will be put all valuables into my shop and selling haha! so this rubbish avvie is probably the more important but most annoying one I'm doing right now! Good luck with yours, maybe I'll send you some of my dung for the avvie ;)

How long has the drackonack avatar been taking you? It only took me about 10 minutes of refreshing, so I never got any random items out of it. Then again, I'm not a premium member. I'm glad it's helping you along though. I had 3 cheese omelettles, drackonack, cheese in that order and it worked for me relatively quickly. Good luck to you too!

Ughhhh I've been working on that avatar for days now, and been refreshing like crazy :/ And I've been doing this order: 2 Cheese, Drackonack, and 2 Vegan Cheese. However having premium does help with that, I still am not getting the avvie, the other day I thought I had it but it was a fluke and apparently the pant devil had stolen one of my vegan cheeses :(

But I'm getting close to getting my rubbish, just got the packrat avvie :)

Asdfghasdfgh so it is quickstock.

I've been discarding my junk via my inventory page all these while

/facepalm

Zephyr, I think you can get it by discarding manually - I'm sure I read someone saying they had. I guess doing lots at once significantly increases your chances of getting it which is why a lot of people get it that way.

Asdfghasdfgh so it is quickstock.

I've been discarding my junk via my inventory page all these while

/facepalm

I did some of mine manually. I don't think that doing it that way doesn't count- I just think that people normally get it via quickstock because it's so much faster, haha.

I already have the Packrat, but I think I'm going to save up all 5k+ items in my SDB and withdraw them all at once haha. "you currently hold 5000 items, the most you should hold is 50" would be hilarious

That's what I did, and my computer did not approve. :( It froze up on the quickstock screen, and wouldn't fill the radiobuttons, so I had to manually press the 70 buttons, and then had to wait for a while for it to actually go through. I don't recommend it, haha.

I did some of mine manually. I don't think that doing it that way doesn't count- I just think that people normally get it via quickstock because it's so much faster, haha.

That's what I did, and my computer did not approve. :( It froze up on the quickstock screen, and wouldn't fill the radiobuttons, so I had to manually press the 70 buttons, and then had to wait for a while for it to actually go through. I don't recommend it, haha.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the heads up though. Good to know that I shouldn't do it haha, my computer Blue screens way to easy.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the heads up though. Good to know that I shouldn't do it haha, my computer Blue screens way to easy.

Hahaha, no problem. It took me allllll day to deal with my inventory, and I don't wish that on anyone, lol

Ughhhh I've been working on that avatar for days now, and been refreshing like crazy :/ And I've been doing this order: 2 Cheese, Drackonack, and 2 Vegan Cheese. However having premium does help with that, I still am not getting the avvie, the other day I thought I had it but it was a fluke and apparently the pant devil had stolen one of my vegan cheeses :(

But I'm getting close to getting my rubbish, just got the packrat avvie :)

i feel your pain! i have been trying for the drackonack avvie FOREVER. i bought the exact same cheeses and same amounts as you and i even bought another drackonack to see if it would speed of the process. i must have refreshed a million times by now and still no luck :/

i feel your pain! i have been trying for the drackonack avvie FOREVER. i bought the exact same cheeses and same amounts as you and i even bought another drackonack to see if it would speed of the process. i must have refreshed a million times by now and still no luck :/

I know! it's insane how much pain you go through to get it! Congrats on getting it finally, I'm still refreshing, and I will definitely take that advice into consideration too Rebecca! the positive of refreshing so much (if you have premium) as Xandria said is that you get so many items (which if they are worth good money I sell, and if not the go in my SDB). Still working on the grind for the rubbish avvie though :P

Zephyr, I think you can get it by discarding manually - I'm sure I read someone saying they had. I guess doing lots at once significantly increases your chances of getting it which is why a lot of people get it that way.
Whew, ok thanks guys. Glad to know I don't have to start over using quickstock :)

I finally have the motivation to clear up the items taking up space in my shop. Now off to find more junk in my SDB to dispose! :laughingsmiley:

Discarding them manually just deletes one item at a time and if you quickstock you can delete like 50 at a time! So I think both work, but doing the quickstock saves a lot of time if the goal is getting rid of as much as possible? :)

Do you guys think it counts all the discards your account ever has made or just discards done recently ?

Discarding them manually just deletes one item at a time and if you quickstock you can delete like 50 at a time! So I think both work, but doing the quickstock saves a lot of time if the goal is getting rid of as much as possible? :)

Do you guys think it counts all the discards your account ever has made or just discards done recently ?

This is my question. I don't really think anyone knows for certain though. :sad01_anim:

No one knows for sure. I imagine it counts the number made in a specific length of time- 6 months, maybe a year? No one knows!