Money Tree Scamander Infestation

passiflora

Today while I was at the money tree, it would randomly load with a bunch of scamanders, but when I clicked on one it said it had wriggled away (screenshots below)!

30bius6.png

2a7y6c4.png

I've never seen that happen before, and it doesn't seem to coincide with any calendar event or anything??? Silly TNT.

It also appeared to have counted towards my item 'quota' - I've been picking up junk items from the tree for the rubbish avatar, but I clicked two scamanders and only ended up being able to take 8 items. :O

Yes, they are valuable. They go for around 1,400,000! I have no clue why. They aren't really cute petpets or anything. So it may be hard to sell for that price. I'm unsure.

Apparently if you click one and it wiggles away, it counts as one of your 10 Money Tree/ Second Hand Shoppe "catches" for the day. Good luck catching them everyone.

Yes, they are valuable. They go for around 1,400,000! I have no clue why. They aren't really cute petpets or anything. So it may be hard to sell for that price. I'm unsure.

They must be pretty rare!

I'm kind of disappointed now that I used my other "grabs" for junk instead. I would have forgone my money tree items for the day in the hopes of catching one of those little guys! Do they usually just stick around for one day?

There have been Scamanders swarming all over the Money Tree this evening, so out of curiosity i searched "Scamanders Money Tree" and was brought to a thread here. Imagine my surprise when i found the topic was locked due to its age .... EXACTLY four years old! It was posted on October 12, 2008.

I'm thinking "mysterious and probably pointless pattern." Every October 12th? Every fourth October 12th? It has nothing to do with the 12th being a Friday, since in 2008 it was a Sunday.

I mention this in case there's some interesting tidbit buried in there somewhere that someone would like to add to TDN; a tidbit whose research might be assisted by this -- and the other -- thread.

...Or at the very least, in case people would like to go try to catch one of the wriggly little buggers.

I was gonna add that i thought i'd identified a pattern of the times at which they appear, but further testing showed i'm probably wrong. So NVM.

Oh no, why did I click on this? XD I'm so going to have to try my luck at the money tree now :P This is so cool! I never knew.

Good luck everyone!