Neoboard Ninjas!

ashwee

I've returned to Neo after a hiatus due to busyness to find a set of uneventful Neoboards. I come on here to see a super active forum of Neoboard-evaders! Is this the norm for you now?

More than likely due to a combination of less site traffic and the fact that nowadays most people stick to their little Neoboard "cliques" rather than create new boards. I don't think it has much to do with offsite forums being "better" than the Neoboards. If it was, half the Neopets fanbase would be on JN or TDN.

I don't use the neoboards much. I feel like my posts don't go through because of apostrophe's sometimes and I'm just always worried about what I say. I definitely prefer TDN. Once in a while I'll check out the premium boards if there's an issue with the scratchcard or something like that but otherwise I just stick to these forums.

Ah, I see what you guys are saying. I really do like the benefits of being able to ask a question or have a Neo conversation without fear of my account being frozen due to an "obscure rule". I don't know why I had reservations on joining the forums back then.

there are benefits to both :) i regularly haunt the NC Neoboard, and when i need it the Help board, :P

i'm not very familiar with the Pound Chat *it is a bit intimidating for me* but i do come and help friends chat/bump.

I really do enjoy the NC board, there are loads of lovely people there and i've made good friends there. that being said i enjoy the forums here too, there is much less spam *my main dislike of Neoboards* and the maturity of users is better. *although we still know how to have fun!* its more a community atmosphere and people are much more willing to have a discussion, in my opinion.

the filters drive me a bit bananas too. we have rules here on the forums, but you can discuss a wider range of topics, post things that are banned on Neo, like links to pictures, or mentioning Youtube (yes, i got a warning for that once for mentioning it through Neomail to a old friend, we were discussing movie trailers) or Google.

i've heard users say nice things about the Habitarium Board too, and the Altador Cup board is usually very energetic and fun to be around when the AC Cup is on :)

hope you like it here! :P

One of the things I like best about these boards is that they don't move as fast. It's nice to be able to post and then come back a day later and see the replies. The NeoBoards can just be overwhelming with how fast some of them move. Plus, I feel like it's more of a community here. Since it's not quite so fast and there are fewer people, you can actually get to know some of them.

I still use the neoboard to chat with friends and I occasionnaly (when I'm bored) try to help people around Help Chat and Games Chat. I also lurk on Charter and sometimes comment. :P

But I kinda do the same on TDN forums. I chat with staff, fantastic members, answer a couple questions, comment on news and that's about it. I don't have as much extra time as I used to have a couple years ago. My studies actually require me to work hard on project if I want to achieved good marks (B+, A-.)

I love the TDN forums so much more than the boards on Neopets. Here, we can talk about (almost) anything, and it feels like it's a lot more of a conversation. Plus since there are fewer people here, I find that I get to know people. On the Neopets boards I feel like I don't know anyone. Although I do go on the Premium boards every once and awhile if I have a question, but otherwise I stick to here :)

To me, forums like TDNF are a million times better than the Neoboards, just for the ability to go back and reread a conversation after an extended period of time, as well as seeing a very regular group of people. The larger character limit and looser restrictions is also a plus.

I usually lurk the Pound Chat and the Trade Chat. It's amazing comparing the speed of the PC with, well, just about all the others. It was an experience to go on the Customisation Chat, because I left a board unbumped for over three hours and it was still on the front page.

I hope you enjoy becoming a part of our little community!

I am seeing a lot of what you guys mean in just looking at back at this topic! I usually have to go hunting for my question if it has few/no responses. And I'm beginning to see how much friendlier this crowd is as opposed to the NeoBoards. I've heard the Premium boards are somewhat better, however. Does that hold true for you guys?