Avoiding Large Single-Inventory Shops

Emily

I just came back to add that while I've been trying to snipe recently, I'm seeing more and more shops with upwards of 300 codestones of a particular kind, for example, and that does kind of freak me out...I even just saw a shop with 1,100 of one type of codestone :bigeyed: in that case, I definitely feel like it's sketchy to buy from them and will opt for a shop with a normal-sized stock.

That is usually where they buy them for a discounted price in bulk. Then they resell them for LOADS of profits.

When I buy items it's normally for Faerie Quests so I just buy the cheapest there is, regardless of the number of the item they have. I try my best to keep away from Malls though for that reason.

I totally do this, especially when I'm bulk-buying codestones and those who stock 172 of one codestone is only like, 2NP off the next guy selling, I just go ahead and click on the next guy. I highly dislike people who buy out shops to mark-up certain items. As a restocker, I generally sell stuff according to my SSW and I know who the resellers are because they're the same people buying out my stuff and re-selling them for ~2-3k more which I feel is kind of funny because the stuff I RS make me ~30-50k profit :P

• 3 months later...

I never quite put that much thought into buying from little shops versus big ones, which I guess sort of makes me a hypocrite. xD In real life, you couldn't find me within a mile of a Wal-Mart (not that Seattle is very big chain store friendly anyways).

Most of the items that I buy are generally always 1 or 2 stocked anyway.

As stated before, I hate buying anything from large malls because of the ridiculous recoding and large bright flashy designs. I overall like being able to customize your own stuff, but there are things that are overdone and just an eyesore. It also gives off the "used car lot" feeling, and you start getting that sketch vibe.