Should Dubloons Be Cheaper?

I've been a member of neopets now for nearly 2 weeks, and I love it! But one thing I HATE about it is how much Dubloons are.

You're spending 1400NP on something which will take 4 hours to add one point to you level/defense/endurance/strength/agility to.

Now this is just my opinion, but isn't that sort of a rip off? I mean the 4 hours part limits you in it's own sense, as you can probably only add 2 points to you pets a day anyway, and it only adds one point! I have sort of started using the battle dome and so far whenever I add strength it hasn't made a difference, it still seems the same.

I think Dubloons should be 500NP at most, as for me, they just seem like a rip off and you're not getting your money's worth.

Just my opinion though, some of you may think it's too cheap I suppose!

They used to be more, but now Anchor Management is pumping more into the economy.

And dubloons for training are CHEAP. I'm at 3 codestones per + 4 hours and will be at 5 codestones in about a week. Randomly chosen.

That's what I was about to say! I wish I was still using Dubloons! I'm usually spending about 12k for each stat. :|

I have sort of started using the battle dome and so far whenever I add strength it hasn't made a difference, it still seems the same.

Your strength doesn't actually improve with each stat. As you see here at the Battlepedia, once your pet gets to certain defence/strength levels you get a 'boost'. It's only once you reach those levels that you will see a difference in the battledome.

When you're first starting out, things seem so expensive. But you quickly learn that np are really, really easy to earn now. Games, habitarium, stock market--all in all, you can earn more than 100k per day.

My eyrie is level 142, and I'm currently raising her level so I can train her in strength and defense. It costs 6 codestones, ~5,000 per codestone.

Play Fashion Fever and Kass Basher. That right there is enough to buy two training sessions, and it takes less than a minute.

When you're first starting out, things seem so expensive. But you quickly learn that np are really, really easy to earn now. Games, habitarium, stock market--all in all, you can earn more than 100k per day.

My eyrie is level 142, and I'm currently raising her level so I can train her in strength and defense. It costs 6 codestones, ~5,000 per codestone.

Play Fashion Fever and Kass Basher. That right there is enough to buy two training sessions, and it takes less than a minute.

I suppose I'm better off then at the moment, maybe all Dubloons and Codestones should be cheaper!

I suppose I'm better off then at the moment, maybe all Dubloons and Codestones should be cheaper!

Having everything really cheap makes it all kind of pointless though, don't you think? I like having things to save up for- it's what keeps me interested. If I don't have any goals, if I can buy everything I want right away and not work for anything... well, to me, it doesn't see worth it!

Having a pet with high stats is a status symbol for a reason. It shows that a lot of time and NP went into that pet. It can take years to train pets, depending on how high you want to train them.

Anyway, even codestones are more reasonably priced now than they were because KeyQuest is always giving them out. :) Before, you could only get them from Tombola and random events.

Having everything really cheap makes it all kind of pointless though, don't you think? I like having things to save up for- it's what keeps me interested. If I don't have any goals, if I can buy everything I want right away and not work for anything... well, to me, it doesn't see worth it!

Having a pet with high stats is a status symbol for a reason. It shows that a lot of time and NP went into that pet. It can take years to train pets, depending on how high you want to train them.

Anyway, even codestones are more reasonably priced now than they were because KeyQuest is always giving them out. :) Before, you could only get them from Tombola and random events.

Yeah I understand where your coming from, maybe I'm just being a cheapskate!

Actually I think that dubloons are really cheap right now. I remember when you could make "profit" when you found one on a random event, now they are everywhere and the prices are really affordable. I used to sell one dubloon coins for about 3,000np before.

Actually I think that dubloons are really cheap right now. I remember when you could make "profit" when you found one on a random event, now they are everywhere and the prices are really affordable. I used to sell one dubloon coins for about 3,000np before.

I remember this too, and noticed the difference in how little dubloons cost now.

Yes, the price of dubloons has really dropped since they gave us Anchor Management - I have got a TON through that myself. I'm like Rebecca, I personally like saving up for stuff. I get impatient at times - it's gonna take me a bit of forever to get all the paintbrushes I would like to have! - but it's still very satisfying when you accomplish that goal. Well, it is for me anyway!

Judging by all your responses, maybe I'm just a cheapskate!

I have found so far though that I've HATED spending money on things that I won't make profit on, even donating to my guild leaves a little pain in my heart. Does anyone else have this habit?

It can be a little hard to give up NP to something that you don't really want. But as for things without a profit... that's not usually my problem! I am happy to buy paintbrushes for my pets (Ansteigen alone cost over 3 million, and that's just with his CURRENT look!), and items for my gallery, and there is no profit in that.

I find that if it's something that makes you happy, it's not a problem spending money on it.

Maybe that's why donating to your guild is difficult? :)

And I wouldn't say a cheapskate, haha. I can definitely see the appeal in being able to train your pets more cheaply, but I am definitely willing to work hard to be able to get Ansteigen to 700strength/defence, and keep the level and health going from there. If I felt that just anyone could do it (well, technically, anyone CAN, but... you know what I mean! LOL) then I may not be as interested. :)

I have found so far though that I've HATED spending money on things that I won't make profit on, even donating to my guild leaves a little pain in my heart. Does anyone else have this habit?

No no, not said to make you feel bad about it! I mean, collecting avatars is an expensive hobby too, and I just passed on buying a mootix because I can't resell it. I don't want to pay 800k for something that will just disappear once I detach it, because I've got other avatars that are expensive to get to save up for as well.

Like others have said, Dubloons used to be a lot more expensive! I can even remember prices of 4-5k back when I was really active perhaps 6 years ago...

I am very much like you :) every time I have to shell out any amount of NP for an avatar, I'm reluctant to actually take it out of my bank account. I always say, "Once I reach (NP goal) I'll be able to buy (expensive item) without guilt!" but I know that's a lie :P I'll just keep wanting to save more and more until I could buy several expensive paint brushes a day and not care. I guess we're just stingy!